The Mean Lady

Police Records Check Prices

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Commissionaires where I'm from is charging 40$ for the CPIC. I was told I don't need to fingerprint. He said the results come back in just a couple of days also.

ETA: I found out I can't get my local police dept. to do it, they just send you to the RCMP.

I had to do it at commisionaires as well & I needed fingerprints and it only took a couple days to get results in the mail

Edited by bccanadagirl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the RCMP in my city and got the criminal record check. I told them it was for immigration. It was one form that I filled out, they stamped and signed it saying I have never done anything bad and I was out of there. $25 and good for a free one in the next 3 months if I need another. I asked how long it was valid for and he replied, "as long as the party who needs it deems it's valid for." Fastest thing I've done in a long time!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I've heard if you ask for the CPIC, then you don't need to be fingerprinted, unless you've been convicted before of course.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What did you guys pay for your records checks and where did you have them performed (locally or mail away from RCMP)

Also wondering if the finger printing is required with no criminal history?

Our local police dept is $30 for the check and $33.90 for the finger printing.

And here I thought I read somewhere it was around $20 or $25 for the whole thing :angry:

I didn't pay anything. They submitted mine wrong but still got back my Police Certificate and just said it wouldn't cost me anything.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline

I find it funny that our police station has different costs for different needs

Records Checks (Students) $15.00 (HST Exempt)

Records Checks (Volunteers) $15.00 (HST Exempt)

Records Checks (Employment & Record Suspension Applications) $30.00 (HST Exempt)

I had to call to ask how much immigration was.

I mean, c'mon, my husband IS sort of VOLUNTEERING to go to the US for me =]

oldlady.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I did my police check in Durham,ON at the local police station. It cost me $75.00 all i said was i needed a police check for a visa and they automatically fingerprinted me (and ive never had a criminal record) and sent them to the RCMP. I got results back in exactly a week.

Timeline

I think I paid $40? Not a big deal when you think about how much you need to spend on this process.

I can't afford this process.

Which is why my employer paid for the I-130.

My entire tax return is going to the NVC stage, so all of these costs in between, just trying to pinch pennies wherever I can.

Clearly, judging by the prices you guys all paid, I already am pinching pennies! lol

oldlady.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't afford this process.

Which is why my employer paid for the I-130.

My entire tax return is going to the NVC stage, so all of these costs in between, just trying to pinch pennies wherever I can.

Clearly, judging by the prices you guys all paid, I already am pinching pennies! lol

I agree, any time you can save a few bucks is great. 40$ may not seem like a lot upfront, but on top of all the other 40$ fees and more - I don't even like to think about it!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

I agree, any time you can save a few bucks is great. 40$ may not seem like a lot upfront, but on top of all the other 40$ fees and more - I don't even like to think about it!

Exactly. I've got the BC and Police Check which total 65 between the two.

That's just not spare money we have. It costs a lot for us to live up in Canada.

Can't wait for us to get down to the states. They are giving me a raise when I come back.

Plus food is so much cheaper there. :wacko:

Right now, I'm gonna hold out and cross my fingers that I get a Christmas Bonus.

My company bought a new building so money is tight. I'm not sure we'll get one.

But given that I'm an actual manager and not one of the joe schmoes that work there... I'm secretly holding out a tiny bit of hope.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I went to the RCMP. It was done on the spot and cost me $50.00.

This was in Nova Scotia.

Timeline
USCIS
04/03/2012: I-130 Sent from Ohio
04/05/2012: Rejection Letter b/c we left a line blank! (DUH)
04/09/2012: Re-mailed I-130 from Ohio
04/17/2012: NOA1
~SEVEN MONTH WAIT~
11/28/2012: NOA2

NVC
12/14/2012: NVC received
12/17/2012: Case number/IIN
12/17/2012: AOS Bill PAID
12/29/2012: AOS Package sent
12/20/2012: IV Bill PAID
01/03/2013: IV Package sent
02/05/2013: Case complete at NVC
02/07/2013: Interview scheduled

MONTREAL CONSULATE
02/06/2013: Embassy received
03/01/2013: Medical
03/11/2013: Interview/APPROVED
03/14/2013: Visa packet picked up at Loomis/DHL office in Dorval, PQ
03/15/2013: Paid $165.00 Green Card Fee
03/27/2013: POE: Montreal P.E. Trudeau Airport
04/03/2013: Notice of Action that "Fee is in Suspense"
04/09/2013: Notice of Action that "Fee is accepted and paperwork is in process"
04/10/2013: Notice of Action that a "New card has been ordered"
04/16/2013: Green Card arrived in the mail. Yes, it IS green! smile.png

06/28/2013: Took Driver's License Written Test

07/06/2013: Passed Driver's License Road and Maneuverability test. Received Driver's License

07/06/2013: Hired at Kohl's Department Store

I didn't pay anything because the officer there thought he knew my uncle. I mentioned this man to my uncle later and he said he had no idea, though, so ... who knows :lol:

Timeline

I didn't pay anything because the officer there thought he knew my uncle. I mentioned this man to my uncle later and he said he had no idea, though, so ... who knows :lol:

:rofl:

oldlady.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to the Toronto Police. Took about a week to process, and cost me about $25, I think.

I submitted my info online, and then had to pick it up in person, with the same two pieces of ID that I used online (drivers license & passport, in my case)

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php <-- I think that's the link.

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.