The Mean Lady

Police Records Check Prices

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What did you guys pay for your records checks and where did you have them performed (locally or mail away from RCMP)

Also wondering if the finger printing is required with no criminal history?

Our local police dept is $30 for the check and $33.90 for the finger printing.

And here I thought I read somewhere it was around $20 or $25 for the whole thing :angry:

oldlady.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

What did you guys pay for your records checks and where did you have them performed (locally or mail away from RCMP)

And here I thought I read somewhere it was around $20 or $25 for the whole thing :angry:

Every place is different with regards to price and how long it takes. Some RCMP stations do them on the spot, some a day or longer--same with the local police station.

No criminal record, = NO finger printing. I'm sure if you do a search on VJ and put in the city, one will find a fair # hits as this is prob the #2 asked question on the Cdn forum,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Every place is different with regards to price and how long it takes. Some RCMP stations do them on the spot, some a day or longer--same with the local police station.

No criminal record, = NO finger printing. I'm sure if you do a search on VJ and put in the city, one will find a fair # hits as this is prob the #2 asked question on the Cdn forum,lol

There are not many people from my city.

I really just wanted to know if the costs were on par to what other people paid.

oldlady.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello

If your record is good you don't need RCMP

. I did mine $45 same day. some places they will tell you 5 businessdays or 2weeks. Do not do that. In toronto you can go near wonderland, York region.or in Ottawa you can do downtown. it depend where you live. Call local police record check in your area and ask them if it is same day.

Timeline

Hello

If your record is good you don't need RCMP

. I did mine $45 same day. some places they will tell you 5 businessdays or 2weeks. Do not do that. In toronto you can go near wonderland, York region.or in Ottawa you can do downtown. it depend where you live. Call local police record check in your area and ask them if it is same day.

Same day doesn't matter to us. Our I-130 is not approved so we have waiting time.

Now my $30 is looking cheap compared to your $45! lol

oldlady.gif

The local police here are charging $55 for a police check. I'm going to check with the Commissionaires this week. Hopefully they'll be cheaper.

Timeline

The local police here are charging $55 for a police check. I'm going to check with the Commissionaires this week. Hopefully they'll be cheaper.

Hoooeeeee that's ridiculous.

oldlady.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Commissionaires where I'm from is charging 40$ for the CPIC. I was told I don't need to fingerprint. He said the results come back in just a couple of days also.

ETA: I found out I can't get my local police dept. to do it, they just send you to the RCMP.

Edited by JensJrny2Ray

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

Commissionaires where I'm from is charging 40$ for the CPIC. I was told I don't need to fingerprint. He said the results come back in just a couple of days also.

ETA: I found out I can't get my local police dept. to do it, they just send you to the RCMP.

Ouch that sucks, we live in a pretty small down and ours can do it. =\

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I'm assuming if there was something that you didn't think about that came back, they would tell you, right?

Then you just do finger printing i guess? lol

Not that I expect it to happen, just wondering.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Mine altogether was something like $88

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

2 years ago, I paid $45 with Calgary Police lol Then they tried to make me wait 3-6 months for it, until I explained that I needed it for immigration haha

Married - February 25, 2009

Filed I-130 - March 3, 2009

Interview& Approval - March 26, 2010

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed I-751 - February 13, 2012

Approved - November 21, 2012

as1cERN0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDA5Njk4c3xXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I paid $45 and got it in 5 minutes, done at a police station in Mississauga. About a one hour bus ride from where I lived but worth it!

Not all local police departments do police checks; I walked into my local one and asked for one and they redirected me to Mississauga, since it was the closest station that did checks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.