HawaiianCecil

Just got laid off work with imminent NOA2

6 posts in this topic

Just throwing this out there even though I'm pretty sure what the deal is... I was laid off work a couple of weeks ago and my NOA2 is happening any day...I already have a co-sponsor and I expect to be gainfully employed again within the next couple of months. How do I fill out my I-134? I have all the tax returns to prove my earning potential and my co-sponsor earns well above the poverty limit so does anyone have any advice for how to approach this? I will be collecting unemployment benefits but only for a short time.... Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just throwing this out there even though I'm pretty sure what the deal is... I was laid off work a couple of weeks ago and my NOA2 is happening any day...I already have a co-sponsor and I expect to be gainfully employed again within the next couple of months. How do I fill out my I-134? I have all the tax returns to prove my earning potential and my co-sponsor earns well above the poverty limit so does anyone have any advice for how to approach this? I will be collecting unemployment benefits but only for a short time.... Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I am in the same situation. I wasn't sure how to handle it either. My stepfather is co-sponsoring my fiance. When I filled out my I-134, I put "Temporarily laid off due to lack of work." I didn't know what else to put. I put this on the line where they ask for your employer. I sent my tax returns, the letter that shows how much I get from unemployment, and a letter fron the Social Security administration showing how much I receive monthly. (I recieve benefits for my 16 year old son from my previous husband's death.) I was unable to get a letter from my employer where I'm laid off. I tried, but they wouldn't give me one since I am on lay off status. :( My stepfather's income exceeds the poverty limits. I'm just praying that it will work. My fiance's interview is December 4th at the U.S. embassy in Bucharest, Romania. I'm praying he will be approved. I'll certainly let you know how it goes. I've done all I can do, and I'm just trying not to worry. If it is God's will, he'll be approved. Good luck to you! I hope it works out for you too! :)

I am in the same situation. I wasn't sure how to handle it either. My stepfather is co-sponsoring my fiance. When I filled out my I-134, I put "Temporarily laid off due to lack of work." I didn't know what else to put. I put this on the line where they ask for your employer. I sent my tax returns, the letter that shows how much I get from unemployment, and a letter fron the Social Security administration showing how much I receive monthly. (I recieve benefits for my 16 year old son from my previous husband's death.) I was unable to get a letter from my employer where I'm laid off. I tried, but they wouldn't give me one since I am on lay off status. :( My stepfather's income exceeds the poverty limits. I'm just praying that it will work. My fiance's interview is December 4th at the U.S. embassy in Bucharest, Romania. I'm praying he will be approved. I'll certainly let you know how it goes. I've done all I can do, and I'm just trying not to worry. If it is God's will, he'll be approved. Good luck to you! I hope it works out for you too! :)

Thanks! I try not to worry about it either, I can't be the first and only one this has happened to but yes, please keep me in the loop and best of luck to you both!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Both of you provide the same information: I-134, letter from employer, paystubs, w-2's, 2-3 years of taxes. The co-sponsor has to also provide proof of being a US Citizen or a LPR.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.