A & C

Question

6 posts in this topic

Hello VJ'ers

Just wondering if this is overkill for proof of a Bonafide Marriage when we send in our visa package??? Also does it matter that the cover letter with table of contents is more than 1 page? (<--- Probably a stupid question, but yah never know!)

-Evidence of a bonafide marriage

oDocumentation showing joint ownership of house located at ......

oDocumentation showing joint bank account at Fifth Third Bank

oDocumentation showing co-insurance of a 2007 Ford 500, License Plate .....

oPhotos Documenting ongoing relationship

5 Photos from December 2009-January 2010 (Location Louisville, KY)

5 Photos from July 2010-August 2010 (Location British Columbia, Canada)

5 Photos from December 2010-January 2011 (Location Louisville, KY)

5 Photos from December 2011-January 2012, including engagement photos done by Ophelia Photography (Location British Columbia, Canada)

5 Photos from May 2012 (Location Louisville, KY)

5 Photos from October 2012-November 2012, including wedding photos done by Ophelia Photography in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

And of course we will be sending in a copy of our marriage certificate! That is a given!

Any help, thoughts, and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

C

*See ABOUT ME for complete Visa Journey Timeline*

~~~ROC~~~

04/12/15- Eligible to apply for removal of conditions

05/16/15- I-175 Mailed to VSC

05/19/15- NOA (received 05/23)

06/16/15- Biometrics Appointment

03/07/16- ROC Decision Date - Approved

03/11/16- Text and Email Received 'New Card in Production'

03/12/16- Approval Letter Received in the Mail

03/??/16- 10 Year Greencard in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That seems pretty on par with what people from Canada Provide and I provided pretty similar info.

You're not sending original pics are you? Not that you can't, but most people provided print outs on paper.

I felt like the print outs were more manageable to the person receiving them, though I did provide (1) actual photo since my print outs were quite honestly very dark and crappy (stupid staples)

oldlady.gif

Thanks! I didn't know if they would prefer original copies of photos or if they would rather them as a print out on paper. I guess printouts on paper would be much easier. As that is 30 photos I will be sending in.

C

*See ABOUT ME for complete Visa Journey Timeline*

~~~ROC~~~

04/12/15- Eligible to apply for removal of conditions

05/16/15- I-175 Mailed to VSC

05/19/15- NOA (received 05/23)

06/16/15- Biometrics Appointment

03/07/16- ROC Decision Date - Approved

03/11/16- Text and Email Received 'New Card in Production'

03/12/16- Approval Letter Received in the Mail

03/??/16- 10 Year Greencard in Hand

Timeline

Thanks! I didn't know if they would prefer original copies of photos or if they would rather them as a print out on paper. I guess printouts on paper would be much easier. As that is 30 photos I will be sending in.

C

I had 7 pages printed out with 6 pictures on each page for a total of 42 + my one original wedding picture

oldlady.gif

Filed: Timeline

Great for a low fraud country like Canada. And front loading the petition is never a bad thing. If it's too much, the worst thing that can happen is the adjudicator doesn't even look at all of it and approves the petition.

My wife sent in a copy of her passport stamps to Norway, 12 pictures from different places and seasons, some with family members in them, and a copy of one months phone bill showing my numerous calls to her at 4am. No RFEs and a compliment from the CO on our wedding pics at the interview.

As for your photos, you've done a great job! When using photos as evidence, remember that 10 pics taken at different locations, with different hair styles, at different occasions and seasons is a million times better than 10,000 pics taken in the same location with no visible background. Remember, you're proving that you've spent a considerable amount of time together over a long period of time, not that you can pose for the camera.

Edited by Jay Jay

Timeline

This is the exact list of what I provided:

• Bank Statement Showing My husband and My Name

• Copies of all stamps in my husband's passport because he received (5) I-94's during the early course of our relationship

• 42 Pictures ranging over the course of 3 years which included some pictures of us individually because we had no couple pictures in our original place of residence, but you can tell from the pictures we're in the same building. Also pictures of me holding our dog, then my husband holding our dog lol. Also engagement pictures, setup of our wedding, during wedding, thanksgiving, christmas, visit to niagara falls, mother's day and father's day. I originally thought I wouldnt' have enough pictures (because I really don't have a lot) but with help from family, they found pictures of obscure events that had been taken on camera phones (like father's day and thanksgiving)

• Copy of our lease with both names on it (not necessarily normal since a lot of couples live apart but given that I pay for his apt in Canada, it was easy to have my name on the lease =]

• 2011 taxes w/my husband's ITIN showing joint filing

• My 401k beneficiary form which names my husband

My pictures printed out ATROCIOUS from staples and were super dark but given that we're from Canada, I didn't feel that they would be super hard on me especially given that we've already been married for 2 years prior to filing. When I was first getting everything together, I didn't think I had enough, but when I finished, I realized I probably had plenty and I feel pretty good about what I provided. If you feel confident that you have supplied a good amount of evidence, then you probably have. You have to take a step back and look at it from an outsider's view.

And to the person that mentioned different hair styles, I think I lucked out. I have short hair and no on can ever cut it the same twice so I just looked at my pics and my hair has at least 7 or 8 different cuts HAHA

Edited by KDubovik

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.