Aladlhassan

have not paid taxes for 3 years!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

if i file taxes and get the tax transcripts needed for NVC phase.. would that do the job or do i have to pay all taxes due to IRS too??

OUR JOURNEY

5.2.12: Married
love0071.gif

I-130
07.02.12: Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
07.03.12: Payment of $420.00 received.
07.05.12: NOA1 Received via Mail.
01/24/13: approvedsmile.gif

NVC
01/28/13: NVC received our case
02/15/13: Assigned Case number
02/15/13: Emailed DS-3032
02/20/13: Paid AOS
02/21/13: AOS as PAID
02/21/13: Sent AOS packet.
02/26/13: DS-3032 Accepted.
02/27/13: Paid IV
03/05/13: IV as PAID
03/05/13: Return Checklist( I-864 was not complete)
03/04/13: Sent IV packet.
03/14/13: CASE COMPLETE

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥<3<3<3<3<3

05/01/2013 - Medical Exam
05/20/2013 - Interview
05/20/2013 - APPROVED
06/03/2013 - POE New York

GT6Pm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

At the very least you will need to set up a payment plan and start paying.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

if i file taxes and get the tax transcripts needed for NVC phase.. would that do the job or do i have to pay all taxes due to IRS too??

Or, you can just submit complete copies of the tax returns. Unless there is already a tax lien, PAYMENT of taxes is a separate issue to deal with separately.

At the very least you will need to set up a payment plan and start paying.

This advice is judgmental and has nothing to do with immigration. Unless there is a tax lien against the sponsor, whether they owe the IRS back taxes has no impact on the public charge issue or any other immigration issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Or, you can just submit complete copies of the tax returns. Unless there is already a tax lien, PAYMENT of taxes is a separate issue to deal with separately.

This advice is judgmental and has nothing to do with immigration. Unless there is a tax lien against the sponsor, whether they owe the IRS back taxes has no impact on the public charge issue or any other immigration issue.

Can you be so kind to post a link or quote the reference to this answer? I find it interesting that they ask for a sponsor to list any dependent under 21 regardless if they live with you, I had to submit all my assets, bank history for each account, etc...but owing the government money is irrelevant. I am in the learning mode so your input would be great.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

My answer was not meant to be judgemental, and is immigration related- we have had other VJ members here before who, when owed taxes, have been asked whether a payment plan with the IRS has been set up. That does NOT mean he has to pay everything before a visa is approved, jsut that arrangements have to be made.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Can you be so kind to post a link or quote the reference to this answer? I find it interesting that they ask for a sponsor to list any dependent under 21 regardless if they live with you, I had to submit all my assets, bank history for each account, etc...but owing the government money is irrelevant. I am in the learning mode so your input would be great.

Please ask an actual question. I have no idea what you're asking. The sponsor does not have to submit ANY information about ANY assets if they qualify based on income alone. The intending immigrant COULD help their case if the sponsor's income and/or assets are marginal but when there is a well qualified petitioner as sponsor, they immigrant need not provide ANY financial information.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please ask an actual question. I have no idea what you're asking. The sponsor does not have to submit ANY information about ANY assets if they qualify based on income alone. The intending immigrant COULD help their case if the sponsor's income and/or assets are marginal but when there is a well qualified petitioner as sponsor, they immigrant need not provide ANY financial information.

I understand that the immigrant him/herself do not have to submit anything. You stated "Unless there is a tax lien against the sponsor, whether they owe the IRS back taxes has no impact on the public charge issue or any other immigration issue." Can you tell me where you found this information? As a sponsor I was asked for assets, bank history, etc...

Thanks,

Timeline

I understand that the immigrant him/herself do not have to submit anything. You stated "Unless there is a tax lien against the sponsor, whether they owe the IRS back taxes has no impact on the public charge issue or any other immigration issue." Can you tell me where you found this information? As a sponsor I was asked for assets, bank history, etc...

Thanks,

The information about "unless there is a tax lien" has been learned through extensive anecdotal experience. What do you mean you were asked for....? The I-864 has places to disclose assets. Look at the top of that page for the word "optional" and read what it says there for confirmation of what I just wrote.

Credit is not an issue, so neither is debt, except as used to calculate equity in an asset with loan or mortgage against it. You are not asked to show evidence of paying taxes, only evidence of income and of "FILING" tax returns. The Dept. of State does not check to see if you've paid your taxes but they WILL know about any tax lien. If there is one, unless you can show you have a payment arrangement and are keeping it, they will reduce your stated income by the full amount of the lien.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have heard of a case where the spouse isn't allowed a visa because the USC hasn't paid there taxes. At least that is what they told her at the consulate in Casablanca, she was told when your husband pays his taxes you will be able to get a visa.

Timeline

I have heard of a case where the spouse isn't allowed a visa because the USC hasn't paid there taxes. At least that is what they told her at the consulate in Casablanca, she was told when your husband pays his taxes you will be able to get a visa.

That could well be true if there is a tax lien. Otherwise, the Consular Officer has no information on tax payments. The consequence of no other problem than failure to file for 09 - 11 would not result in a tax lien. It takes more than three years of not filing to have that result.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Not true. It is the luck of the draw, and what group you fall into.

It's possible but unlikely unless you're a very big fish. Either way, that's not the issue. No tax lien, no immigration issue for not "paying" the taxes due.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

My husband hadn't paid his taxes or even done them for the last 7 years when we were about to send in the i130. So what he did was that he filed the last 3 that he needed to send in, didn't pay anything. That is all they look for anyway.

Now he has filed all his missing years and made a payment plan, but that he did after we got our visa approved, so no you don't have to have paid your taxes...

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

My husband hadn't paid his taxes or even done them for the last 7 years when we were about to send in the i130. So what he did was that he filed the last 3 that he needed to send in, didn't pay anything. That is all they look for anyway.

Now he has filed all his missing years and made a payment plan, but that he did after we got our visa approved, so no you don't have to have paid your taxes...

Again, if there IS a "tax lien" that can be a game changer. Otherwise, no immigration problem, just a tax problem.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

so far not Tax Lien but I am about to file my taxes and workout a payment plan with IRS. I am not sure if that going to change anything.

OUR JOURNEY

5.2.12: Married
love0071.gif

I-130
07.02.12: Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
07.03.12: Payment of $420.00 received.
07.05.12: NOA1 Received via Mail.
01/24/13: approvedsmile.gif

NVC
01/28/13: NVC received our case
02/15/13: Assigned Case number
02/15/13: Emailed DS-3032
02/20/13: Paid AOS
02/21/13: AOS as PAID
02/21/13: Sent AOS packet.
02/26/13: DS-3032 Accepted.
02/27/13: Paid IV
03/05/13: IV as PAID
03/05/13: Return Checklist( I-864 was not complete)
03/04/13: Sent IV packet.
03/14/13: CASE COMPLETE

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥<3<3<3<3<3

05/01/2013 - Medical Exam
05/20/2013 - Interview
05/20/2013 - APPROVED
06/03/2013 - POE New York

GT6Pm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.