icemountain

How Long for Interview in Amman?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Believe me we all feel your guys' pain. It took almost a year from filiing to getting the visa for my husband.

I hated that embassy but really they are probably the best in that region.

Algeria seems to be the best to me in ME/NA. I guess if you were to look at ME only then yes Jordan would probebly be the best which doesn't say much for the other countries. :unsure:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Believe me we all feel your guys' pain. It took almost a year from filiing to getting the visa for my husband.

Algeria seems to be the best to me in ME/NA. I guess if you were to look at ME only then yes Jordan would probebly be the best which doesn't say much for the other countries. :unsure:

Excuse Meeeeee JP....... Amman is probably the best in the MIDDLE EAST :lol:

Timeline

No argument there. :star: You are starting to sound like a real Jordanian. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

No argument there. :star: You are starting to sound like a real Jordanian. :lol:

Amman is the best indeed....but I am so mad at the immigration process and the people who runs it...this whole system need to be scratched and replaced with more eduated, smart and motivated people...I have heard and gone thru issues that can only happen in a very backward system or a system that intentionally discrimate against a certain group...I guess both are true here...

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

shhh my husband might agree with that statement :P

Amman is the best indeed....but I am so mad at the immigration process and the people who runs it...this whole system need to be scratched and replaced with more eduated, smart and motivated people...I have heard and gone thru issues that can only happen in a very backward system or a system that intentionally discrimate against a certain group...I guess both are true here...

Agree with the whole system needs to be replace! I am just glad I am done with the Embassy part. I got tired of their same ole replies they just really pissed me off sometimes.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
Hello There

I am a new member to this forum and you all seem to be very helpful. So heres my situation, I am an American citizen born and raised in the states. I was on vacation in Amman this summer and I met my sweetheart quite by accident. Well, we are madly in love (fill in the blanks with the gushiest sentiments you can think of :)) and we want to get married ASAP.

My question is this: we want to file through the consulate in Amman. Does anyone know approx. how long it is taking to get an interview these days. I would like to plan my next trip where we do the kitab/engagement around my interview date if possible.

Neither of us has been married before. She is a jordanian citizen but grew up in Austrailia for a few years. Both of us are in our 20s.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Ice,

I recomend a fiance visa (K-1).....I personally think they are moving faster than the spousals (K-3)...with a spousal you have to file an I-129F AND an I-130 where as the fiance visa is just the I-129F. My petition was filed here in the U.S. through the Vermont Service Center and they had it approved and shipped to the embassy in Amman in about a month. You can check out my timeline below in my signature. Amman is slow because they are processing Visas for Iraqis and Syrians as well but they are still only alotted the same certain number of visas that they can issue each month as all other consulates....so after the interview and visa approval folks are still having to wait approx. 3-5 months (sometimes longer) before they actually get the visa in hand. Good luck with your process...it's frustrating and time consuming but you will make it! We all do.

- Mandy

*************** K1 TIMELINE ****************

November 15, 2005 - I-129F Petition mailed to Vermont Service Center

Nov. 23 NOA-1 RFeceived / December 05, 2005 - NOA-2 Received

December 14, 2005 - Case # and packet received from U.S. embassy in Amman, Jordan

January 15, 2006 - Completed packet mailed to U.S. embassy in Amman, Jordan

March 26, 2006 - Letter received stating Visa Appointment scheduled for October 12, 2006

October 12, 2006 - Visa Interview - Approved!

October - December 2006 - Administrative Processing / Security Check

December 20, 2006 - State Department finishes administrative processing

January 24, 2007 - I FINALLY find out Visa is ready because NO ONE EVER called us from the embassy in Amman

February 27, 2007 - Passport sent off to embassy in Amman to have Visa put in

April 13, 2007 - VISA IN HAND!!! After 17 months....Friday the 13th...how fitting.

April 24, 2007 - Entrance into U.S. at Chicago O'Hare...YAY!!!

***************** AOS TIMELINE ******************

May 15, 2007 - Finally Married!!!!

May 17, 2007- Received Social Security Number

May 29, 2007 - Mailed of AOS/EAD Packet

June 9, 2007 - Received NOA-1

June 28, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

July 26, 2007 - RFE for I-485 (need to re-submit W-2s for sponsor and joint sponsor)

August 18, 2007 - Recived appointment letter for I-485.

October 25, 2007 - Green Card Interview!

***************** Lifting of Conditions ******************

October 19, 2009 - Interview for 10 yr. Green Card - Lifting of conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Because you file petitions concurrently a K3 doesn't really take longer. The I130 need not be approved for the I129F to move. Not sure if this is still the case but it seems that K3 holders going through Jordan get their visas quicker than K1 holders.

I did a timeline search, but didn't see too many K-1 petitions for Amman.

I am about to send my packet out now for K-1. I told my fiance it could be a year easy, so until then. I will keep everyone posted on our progress though.

Good luck to everyone!

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Timeline

I have another question, my fiance's mother is Turkish, so is it possible he could go for his interview in Istanbul. If so, I would need to note his preference on the actual I-129F correct?

Has anyone done this before? I mean request interview at a different embassy?

Thanks everyone for the help.

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

09/18/07 - Biometrics

DIVORCED

Timeline
Because you file petitions concurrently a K3 doesn't really take longer. The I130 need not be approved for the I129F to move. Not sure if this is still the case but it seems that K3 holders going through Jordan get their visas quicker than K1 holders.

:yes: going on 15 months now....still no visa.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I have another question, my fiance's mother is Turkish, so is it possible he could go for his interview in Istanbul. If so, I would need to note his preference on the actual I-129F correct?

I like answering really old threads like they are new again!!

Lion-

for a k1 interview...I wouldn't think so but I dont know.

The only benifit I would see is if his mom was allowed to retain her turkish citizenship after marrying and moving into Jordan or Iraq. Then, if they allowed her to pass her citizenship on to her child, and then, if the embassy agreed to process an imigrant visa application at the consulate(dcf)...which would probably require you two to establish residency and of course be married....I think it all hinges on whether dcf is possible in turkey and if the embassy accepts your application. I would find out if he has turkish citizenship then contact the embassy there for your options.

JP- I really can't see how they could delay yours so long. I hope you get some answers soon.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline

Lion-

The only benifit I would see is if his mom was allowed to retain her turkish citizenship after marrying and moving into Jordan or Iraq. Then, if they allowed her to pass her citizenship on to her child, and then, if the embassy agreed to process an imigrant visa application at the consulate(dcf)...which would probably require you two to establish residency and of course be married....I think it all hinges on whether dcf is possible in turkey and if the embassy accepts your application. I would find out if he has turkish citizenship then contact the embassy there for your options.

JP- I really can't see how they could delay yours so long. I hope you get some answers soon.

:luv: thanks hunny!

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Lion-

Thank you for the information Dawn. Just FYI, in case any else has any 'hair-brained schemes' like me. He contacted the Turkish embassy, he could get it BUT it takes a minimum of 6 months and he would have to serve in the Turkish army minimum 3 years. So 3 1/2 years???? Nevermind lolol, we'll keep it in Amman.

thanks for the help everyone :)

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

09/18/07 - Biometrics

DIVORCED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.