virgo2012

how do i know that my AP is over.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello all dear friends iam in AP in islamabad from last 2 months.iam the beneficary(male) and my wife is the petitioner USC.she was with me during the interview and she is still here with me.she is calling twice in a week to DOS and islamabad embassy,but still my case is AP.she emailed to isl embassy aswel and they replied very next day that,we dont need any thing from you,as your case is in PENDING AP.now i have 3 questions?

1)when we had interview we got blue refusal sheet 221(g),that states that we need to do additional administrative process,but now embassy is saying pending AP.any one know the difference between these two?

2)how do they inform us that our AP is over?by e-mail or phone call.

3)is it ok to call or contact to ISL embassy or DOS as much as we can?

if any one have idea please share with me...i will appreciate that.

thanks to all in advance...

Edited by virgo2012

hello all dear friends iam in AP in islamabad from last 2 months.iam the beneficary(male) and my wife is the petitioner USC.she was with me during the interview and she is still here with me.she is calling twice in a week to DOS and islamabad embassy,but still my case is AP.she emailed to isl embassy aswel and they replied very next day that,we dont need any thing from you,as your case is in PENDING AP.now i have 3 questions?

1)when we had interview we got blue refusal sheet 221(g),that states that we need to do additional administrative process,but now embassy is saying pending AP.any one know the difference between these two?

2)how do they inform us that our AP is over?by e-mail or phone call.

3)is it ok to call or contact to ISL embassy or DOS as much as we can?

if any one have idea please share with me...i will appreciate that.

thanks to all in advance...

Answers:

1. Blue refusal sheet 221G means that they need to complete administrative processing on your case. Pending AP means that your case is still in administrative process.

2. Usually they do both. Otherwise they just send the passport with issued visa if they had kept your passport at the time of interview.

3. In my personal opinion, dont call embassy. You will get the same information from DOS. Just keep checking with them once a week.

I would recommend to involve Senator or congressman.

:time: :time: :time: :time: :time: :time: :time: :time:

USCIS / CSC:

27/02/2012: Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

03/01/2012: NOA1

06/18/2012: NOA2 in email

06/23/2012: NOA2 in hand

NVC:

07/09/2012: NVC received

07/26/2012: Case number/IIN - wrong embassy..grrrr

07/26/2012: DS-3032 sent (Emailed)

07/30/2012: New Case number

07/30/2012: AOS bill

07/31/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

08/01/2012: AOS package sent

08/02/2012: AOS package delivered

08/02/2012: DS-3032 accepted

08/03/2012: IV bill

08/06/2012: IV bill shows PAID

08/06/2012: IV package sent0

8/07/2012: IV package delivered

08/14/2012: Case complete

09/14/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Abu Dhabi:

09/15/2012: Medical

10/02/2012: Interview *Result: AP*

12/31/2013: Visa in hand

03/19/2014: ELIS fee paid

03/20/2014: POE ABU DHABI / Chicago

IN USA:

04/03/2014: SSN applied

04/08/2014: SSN received

05/21/2014: Welcome letter received

05/22/2014: 10 years GC arrived in mail

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Pending AP or Need additional administrative processing means same, don't panic, there is nothing anyone can do to shorten the AP. There is no time frame for AP in immigrant visa category. Keep in touch with DOS if u like.

Embassy will contact via phone or email when AP finishes.

Did they kept your passport?

Timeline

Pending AP or Need additional administrative processing means same, don't panic, there is nothing anyone can do to shorten the AP. There is no time frame for AP in immigrant visa category. Keep in touch with DOS if u like.

Embassy will contact via phone or email when AP finishes.

Did they kept your passport?

yes they did kept my passport....

Timeline

You can call DOS everyday if you like. My husband was in AP for 16 months and I called everyday to check on our case. Most people call DOS once a week but it made me feel better to call everyday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.