• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Are you in MO?

kansas

Same difference ;)

not when i'm paying taxes :no: missouri taxes military retirement pay, kansas don't

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

he's arriving today at 12:15!!!! actually I have to leave soon to pick him up... :))

Well HELLO!!! :o Mabrookalations to that!! Did we know that??? :huh:

I've been so busy lately with midterm exams, reserach papers, and labs that I've barely had time to post anything on VJ, let alone realize that my husband's arrival date was approaching. A couple days ago I figured that I had to get my butt in gear and clear some room for his stuff... and maybe vacuum the living room and do a load of laundry (or 6...) :blush: . I went food shopping last night because the only things in my fridge was string cheese and orange juice. But I think I'm ready!!

Getting very excited :dance: and a little :blink: cause I can't believe Nov. 2 is already here. I've fantasized about this day for sooooo long.

Filed: Timeline

he's arriving today at 12:15!!!! actually I have to leave soon to pick him up... :))

I've been so busy lately with midterm exams, reserach papers, and labs that I've barely had time to post anything on VJ, let alone realize that my husband's arrival date was approaching. A couple days ago I figured that I had to get my butt in gear and clear some room for his stuff... and maybe vacuum the living room and do a load of laundry (or 6...) :blush: . I went food shopping last night because the only things in my fridge was string cheese and orange juice. But I think I'm ready!!

Getting very excited :dance: and a little :blink: cause I can't believe Nov. 2 is already here. I've fantasized about this day for sooooo long.

That's really GREAT and WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you! It gives us all a little :P more hope when we hear success stories like yours :luv:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey guys how are you ? We are doing good al hamdullah. My little girl ( :dance: ) is doing great and she was pretty active last night. The worst part about pregnancy is that it's so weird to sleep and be comfortable. The only way I can fall asleep is if I am laying on Ali's side ... well now it's hard cuz Hana doesn't seem to like that.

I am burried in homework (2 more months and I graduate :thumbs: ) and really I am just flat out sick of school. Currently I am going to school full time and working two part time jobs and being a pregnant wife on top of all that. We hope things will just be hard the next couple of months till I'm done with my degree and I can go look for a good job.

Here in Cali the weather is nice ... crisp and cool .... perfect.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

WOW. Congrats Holly, and welcome Mr. Holly!

It was 30 here this morning with a very heavy frost. Mohammed and I carved out a "plan B" last night and a timeline in case this wretched wait turns out to be even longer. Helps a bit to have. An unexpected turn of events has complicated our situation if the wait goes on several more months. Just what we needed.

Jmagayrah, I'm glad to see a couple rainbows and unicorn and fuzzie kitties. They come in handy sometimes too.

Hope everyone keeps warm.

I am curious about your plan "b". I made one about 5 days ago, it makes you feel better and I think it is very calming.

If that stupid K1 doesn't show up in 4 more months, I cancel it, fly back to Egypt and we marry there and either do DCF or file K3 and that will depend on other circumstances. I realize this represents yet more waiting, but the circumstances that I would rather not discuss here just make this more of a necessity for us. I do, however, still have hope it will show up either this month or next.

Just Waiting - Sorry to hear about your set back, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. Yes, a Plan B can help (even though you really really hope you don't have to use it).

Our plan B is that if he doesn't have the visa within 2 years I will talk to my medical school and try to figure out someway I can do my 2 years of clinical work in Spain, or possibly somewhere else in Europe. This is diifficult to do and I hoping it doesn't come down to this, but we'll do what we have to do. It does help to think that someway you'll be together.

Do you guys find that people don't really expect that you'll have a plan B? My friends are always telling me "Well if he can't get the visa, then I guess you'll have to break up." Its like our relationship doesn't "count" as much because he is from Algeria. Ugggg...just kind of mad at the world this week.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Yes, this bothers me too. "Oh well, its for the best." Bullsh*t! I'm too stubborn. This isn't a "throw-away" relationship. We commited to each other. We do what we have to. It's for life, not just for what is fun or convenient. He's my life partner. The end! Ha ha.

Hey guys how are you ? We are doing good al hamdullah. My little girl ( :dance: ) is doing great and she was pretty active last night. The worst part about pregnancy is that it's so weird to sleep and be comfortable. The only way I can fall asleep is if I am laying on Ali's side ... well now it's hard cuz Hana doesn't seem to like that.

I am burried in homework (2 more months and I graduate :thumbs: ) and really I am just flat out sick of school. Currently I am going to school full time and working two part time jobs and being a pregnant wife on top of all that. We hope things will just be hard the next couple of months till I'm done with my degree and I can go look for a good job.

Here in Cali the weather is nice ... crisp and cool .... perfect.

Wow Um Hana you have a lot of things going at once! It's a good thing you're gonna finish school before your baby girl gets here because I will tell you from experience it's hard to get motivated for that after you have kids. :yes:

I can't sleep for anything while I'm pregnant... even though I don't fall asleep on my stomach, I always end up that way before morning and when you got a BIG belly that wakes you up every time :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

that's so sweet Henia. My husband has done that for me a few times. Especially when we first dated. He got fired from one of his jobs (but was begged to go back) the first time we met because we only had two weeks to spend together. That was nice. We spent almost every moment together. He spoiled me silly! Ah... I miss the good old days!

Edited by Mrs. Forgetful

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning,

How is everyone?

Janine what is your second job that they threw you into? Sounds scary!

Henia, I'm glad your husband took the day off!

I'm sooo tired this morning I just want to go back to bed,

Sarah

ps. weather in California is so so it's foggy here and a little cold.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow I'm swamped today. Had meetings in the am and more meetings in the pm...all of which involve walking about twenty mintutes in the rain each way. Dunno what degrees it is but it's kind of mild here. Prolly in the mid 50's or so.

Just waiting - I'm so very sorry that you had a set back. I never really think of the possibility of him not being able to come but you opened my eyes and I guess we should work on a plan B as well, though I haven't a clue as to what that might be.

I don't even remember anyone else's stuff but you go Holly!! :thumbs:

That's another thing.....I would have SO MUCH TO DO to get my house "usama friendly"!!! :lol: I currently take up all the bureaus and closet space in my bedroom and I don't know where I'd put stuff to make room! :huh: I have a while before I need to worry about that though. That and other things like the fact that we NEVER eat dinner at the dinner table, so I want to start that before he comes, and the kids are slack in putting their toys/clothes away, etc. :whistle:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Doing the :dance::dance:. My in-laws were approved today for a 10yr. tourist visa. Now they can come and see their only granddaughter.

Christine :luv:

thats great, when will they come visit?

Hopefully in December when my SIL gets her visa. :D

Doing the :dance::dance:. My in-laws were approved today for a 10yr. tourist visa. Now they can come and see their only granddaughter.

Mabrook!

What does a 10 yr touris visa mean exactly? It doesn't expire for 10 yrs? They can stay for up to 10 yrs? They can visit as many times as they like in a 10 yr period?

The visa is 10 years. They can visit up to 6 mos./yr.

Good morning all! Happy Thursday. Each day brings you closer to your dreams. (sunshine, unicorns, lollipops and fuzzy kitties for everyone!)

I have a quick house measure then sit at my desk til 3pm. It is soooooooooo cold here! It is only 28 this morning and maybe snow on Saturday. What's the temp where you are? (can't wait till the cali girls wake up)

Jackie

100_9397.jpg

This is a backsplash I designed for a new house! $2,000 and made of glass trims and marble tiles

Awesome work Jackie!!! It's nice today in the 70's in sunny So.Cal.

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Doing the :dance::dance: . My in-laws were approved today for a 10yr. tourist visa. Now they can come and see their only granddaughter.

thats great, when will they come visit?

Hopefully in December when my SIL gets her visa. :D

Doing the :dance::dance: . My in-laws were approved today for a 10yr. tourist visa. Now they can come and see their only granddaughter.

Mabrook!

What does a 10 yr touris visa mean exactly? It doesn't expire for 10 yrs? They can stay for up to 10 yrs? They can visit as many times as they like in a 10 yr period?

The visa is 10 years. They can visit up to 6 mos./yr.

I just love those 10 yr visa ...all my family has visited me in the US with those!!!! :luv::thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.