MNIVET

USA Embassy Ignoring us

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I'll keep it short and simple.

Hey guys, My wife (Iranian) had her interview on Oct. 11th, about a month ago. She passed her interview.

They will not issue her visa because they are asking for her to get my name added to her Birth certificate (Added in to her Iranian Birth Certificate, and its Iranian law)

After my name is added to the BC, Visa is granted. Sounds simple... right? That's what we thought as well.

After a few emails from the USA embassy back and forth (2-3 day replies from them) we finally realized THEY are making a mistake!

... They are saying that according to Iranian law, A Foreign man needs to follow a certain number of steps to add his name to the Iranian woman's Birth Certificate... and then they linked us to the Iranian website that shows exactly what to do and what steps to take...

Problem is... the Iranian people classify me as an IRANIAN as well because BOTH of my parents are Iranian. I was born in the USA. I have never traveled to Iran and have NO form of Iranian Documentation.

Because of no documentation, the Iranian people WILL NOT put my name in my wife's Birth certificate, they say I need an Iranian passport and an Iranian Birth Certificate for them to do so.

This takes almost a year to get and that's IF I am approved!

My lawyer wrote to the USA embassy explaining that I am NOT classified as a "foreigner" per the Iranian people. The USA embassy will not no longer reply to our emails. We used to get 2-3 day replies, and its been almost 3 weeks now.

This is so ridiculous. What can we do?

My lawyer informed me that all we can do is wait, and hopefully they will reply. Lawyer said this can't be escalated and its out of everyone's control.

IM SO LOST!

Can I do ANYTHIGN?!

I130 for my Spouse Filed --> Dec. 25th 2011

I130 Approved --> May 15th, 2012

Sent to NVC & Case Number Assigned --> June 13th, 2012

DS-230 & I-864 Paid --> June 13th, 2012

NVC Completed & Forwarded to Ankara Embassy --> July 19th, 2012

Interview Appointment --> Oct. 11th, 2012

INTERVIEW Passed and NO AP! --> They wont give us the VISA due to a missing paper! :(

... to be continued...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Umm sorry pal but they are right. What you are to iranian " people " is irrelevant. What you are to iranian government IS a foreigner, because you don't have any Personal ties to Iran. No national Id card and birth certificate or passport. You NEED to get your iranian paperwork and get it all together to get your visa. It's nothing out of ordinary and they are not being unreasonable, and I suggest you fire your lawyer because he should have seen this coming. If you want to go through with a lawyer find an iranian American one who knows both American and iranian law

Edited by Thatgirl2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is possible to get hold of the head of the IV unit there, but 'the method' isn't so direct.

IMO, he's the only one that can sort this. His staff aren't 'getting it', for the nonce.

Sorry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Umm sorry pal but they are right. What you are to iranian " people " is irrelevant. What you are to iranian government IS a foreigner, because you don't have any Personal ties to Iran. No national Id card and birth certificate or passport. You NEED to get your iranian paperwork and get it all together to get your visa. It's nothing out of ordinary and they are not being unreasonable, and I suggest you fire your lawyer because he should have seen this coming. If you want to go through with a lawyer find an iranian American one who knows both American and iranian law

But the Iranian people are saying I'm IRANIAN and not a foreigner!

So basically what you are telling me is that I need to do my paper work for my Iranian Birth Certificate AND passport that way I can get my name put in my wifes Birth certificate and get the Visa issued?

Its possible that this may take a YEAR.

Why are they ignoring us though? This is what I don't understand and have a problem with.

How can I get a hold of somebody there???????????

INTERVIEW Passed and NO AP! --> They wont give us the VISA due to a missing paper! :(

... to be continued...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there an Iranian Embassy in the United States? If yes, maybe they can help you with this.

Timeline

But the Iranian people are saying I'm IRANIAN and not a foreigner!

So basically what you are telling me is that I need to do my paper work for my Iranian Birth Certificate AND passport that way I can get my name put in my wifes Birth certificate and get the Visa issued?

Its possible that this may take a YEAR.

Why are they ignoring us though? This is what I don't understand and have a problem with.

How can I get a hold of somebody there???????????

IT'S NOT ABOUT IRANIAN PEOPLE. You are not legally an iranian when you have no ties to Iran.its unfortunate but yes. Unless some magical miracle happens you have to get your passport and birth certificate together. The fact that you didn't know about this, is not the consulate's fault. It's the lawyers fault. They have been clear as to what they need to complete the request. Any hardship brough upon the parties involved in the case when it's an issue that black or white is not their problem. Iran doesn't have an embassy in the state but they do have an office in I think Washington, D.C. That takes care of the citizens issues. You can ask someone to go after your paperwork in Iran, and bribe your way through and possibly get it done faster, or apply at the office they got in the states.

Timeline

Let me add this. To iranian people you are an iranian born American because your parents are iranian but you were born and raised in the states. You can't get an affidavit from say fifty Iranians saying they think you are iranian and make up for the missing paper work. See what I mean when I say what people think of you or see you as doesn't matter?

I don't know much about your situation as how you got married and how old you are etc which impacts a lot of things but here is my experince and I hope it helps.

Based on my experience, you have to get your iranian BD, passport and even the National Card (kart-e melli) as well as your exemption from military service. Without these documents, adding you to her BD is almost impossible.

You can contact Iranian interest section in Pakistani Embassy in DC or check their website to get the forms.

http://www.daftar.org/far/default.asp

It takes two weeks for your iranian passport but they won't issue it until you get your BD which took 6 months for me. You can apply for all these in DC.

Iranian government will not recognize your US citizenship. You can not apply as a foreigner.

I hope this helps. But like someone else mentioned in one of the posts,if you know someone in Iran, everything is possible!!!

I don't know much about your situation as how you got married and how old you are etc which impacts a lot of things but here is my experince and I hope it helps.

Based on my experience, you have to get your iranian BD, passport and even the National Card (kart-e melli) as well as your exemption from military service. Without these documents, adding you to her BD is almost impossible.

You can contact Iranian interest section in Pakistani Embassy in DC or check their website to get the forms.

http://www.daftar.org/far/default.asp

It takes two weeks for your iranian passport but they won't issue it until you get your BD which took 6 months for me. You can apply for all these in DC.

Iranian government will not recognize your US citizenship. You can not apply as a foreigner.

I hope this helps. But like someone else mentioned in one of the posts,if you know someone in Iran, everything is possible!!!

One corection, to get your name in her BD you don't need iranian passport, just your iranian BD. But before you get your BD, they will make you get the kart-e melli. And depending on your age, you might need the military service card.

Again, these are general information. Your specific situation may not apply. I hope this helps.

Timeline

One corection, to get your name in her BD you don't need iranian passport, just your iranian BD. But before you get your BD, they will make you get the kart-e melli. And depending on your age, you might need the military service card.

Again, these are general information. Your specific situation may not apply. I hope this helps.

BIG HELP. Thank you!!!!!!

USA embassy told us that if we go and get an exemption letter from the Iranian people.. what I mean by that is that if my wife goes and gets a paper from a court house, lawyer, or something OFFICIAL that has been notarized and states that I cannot be added to my wifes birth certificate because I don't have Iranian paper work THEY WILL ISSUE THE VISA.

My mom and my wife (Both in Iran) have tried to get this paper and have failed.

Is there anywhere they can go to get this form? If so, they will issue my wife her Visa.

... to be continued...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One inappropriate post removed.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.