Joshuaching

St Lukes Medical Clinic - Manila, Philippines

7 posts in this topic

My wife and 7 year old son had their medical examination today, 11/12/2012. We were there by 4:30am and found that the line has already started forming. In fact there were already about 50 people in line. At about 5:15am, the guard has started letting people in, though the actual time of processing does not start until 6:30am.

The exam for the first day took only about 2 hours, but the waiting and looking around took twice that. We were done at 11:00am, which is really not that bad except for a few notable things. The clinic was a complete mad house. You could tell that the staff from the security people up to the medical officers were short on their patience, especially with kids. The female doctor in charge of the tuberculin test especially should not be doing that job, IMO, simply because she has no patience for little kids who cry (naturally since they're all scared of needles).

Going to the St. Lukes Medical Clinic reminds me of my trips to the Veterans Outpatient Clinics in Sacramento, California. There, almost all the staff I've observed were rude to the veterans. This, IMO, is the same situation with the St. Lukes Medical clinic. The number of prospective immigrants being seen there daily is simply way beyond their capacity to handle. Again, this is IMO. The place was simply packed. Today, the 12th of November 2012, being a Monday; they probably have more than their daily share of customers. I must have counted close to 500 people on all floors wanting to have their medical exams done.

The clinic is simply too small for all the prospective immigrants going to the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. If your wife, fiancee, etc. are going to be seen there with a small kid, who's also petitioned, I suggest that you get someone to accompany you and to take care of the little ones. There are stops where you'd go separate ways and if you don't have anyone with you, you'd be forced to leave your little one outside the rooms, as they are not allowed inside. With a special-care taker, you could do your business while the care taker minds your kid.

Also have your kid bring some electronic toys (PSP, IPad, Itouch, etc.) to play and kill time. They might get so bored that they'd start running around the place and the guards would tell them (without much compassion) to stop. Now there's nothing wrong with that, except that due to their over exposure to this daily on goings, they simply don't have those smiles anymore.

What can we do? Well, perhaps we could write both the US Embassy and St. Lukes that the clinic had reached their efficiency-potential and that they might consider channeling the excess people to some other St. Lukes extension (there are three around Metro-Manila). We pay for these services and therefore we deserve something better. Just my two cents..

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree, SLEC should do something about the way they get things done. They should also upgrade to a more spacious building.

Considering the payment they charge for each applicant, they should be able to provide above average service.

I was so stressed out when me, my husband and our 3 kids went there last year. They have no numerical queing system so you've got to listen very carefully if you don't want to miss your turn.

I was the one who spoke with the doctor for our 2 kids, while my husband and our eldest son went to another room for the physical exam.

On the other hand, the staff and doctors were nice to my kids.

Thanks for the tips.. Definitely, I will have someone to accompany me during our medical at St Lukes since I will be bringing my toddler w/ me soon, probably next year.. AND will never schedule our medical on a Monday.. :whistle:

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Thanks for the tips.. Definitely, I will have someone to accompany me during our medical at St Lukes since I will be bringing my toddler w/ me soon, probably next year.. AND will never schedule our medical on a Monday.. :whistle:

And if you're not in a rush to get done, don't go there early in the morning. Go there about 9:00am. By that time, the initial crowd of about a couple of hundred have already been taken cared of. They have all day to do your tests. Even if you get there at 10am, you'd surely be done by 2pm, without the crowd. When we left at 11:15am, there's only half or less of what came in - in the morning.

If you have a kid to undergo the physical, schedule your med exams on Wednesday or Tuesday. This should give you plenty of time to have his/her tuberculin test read by either Thursday or Friday. Kids medical exams actually takes a span of 3 days. First days is their tuberculin test, immunization review, and physical exam. No blood test for them, and Xray only if the tuberculin test shows a certain width of inflammation. Then the 2nd day is free for them. On the 3rd day, they have to come back and have the Tuberculin test looked at, and also finish their vaccinations (if they need one) Bring small pieces of chocolate bars or cookies for the kids, and perhaps a small bottle of water you could sneak in - in your bag. There's a water fountain there, but I am not sure if the water is safe to drink; however, the water was very cold and good to wet your lips and dry throat.

I agree :thumbs: they should do something about it after paying this bummer fee but still we got to wait forever. I have to deal with them before where too many people since it was monday and I had no sleep at all since I went to have my medical done when I got off work and I work in a call center so yeah got no sleep going to St.Lukes and got home around 9pm and my work start at 10pm and guess what after eating dinner. I passed out haha good thing my TL was nice enough not to tag me as absent instead had my flex work :whistle::devil:

ROC
08.11.2014 - Sent I-751
08.13.2014 - NOA
09.12.2014 - Biometric Appt
02.23.2015 - Card on Production (Decision Letter)
03.09.2015 - Greencard received

N-400

07.27.2016 - Sent Application for Citizenship

07.29.2016 - NOA1

08.15.2016 - Fingerprint

02.13.2017 - Interview Date

Here's another thing that's also irritating! The lady at the counter asked for a copy of our marriage certificate, and really I don't mind giving them one if I had one in my possession. However, if you read the requirements listed in their web site, it does not mention a requirement to submit a marriage certificate for CR1 exams. Is she just making this up? Or she simply picking rules out of the blue to give us a hard time?

And here's the requirements again according to their web site:

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

Regular Immigrants and K-Visa Applicants

Valid passport

Photocopy of Passport Biographic/Data Page, the page in the passport that contains the applicant's photo and information

3 pieces recent 2x2 visa photos (2 for submission to the U.S. Embassy, 1 for clinic file)

The US Embassy requires you to bring the 2x2 photos for your visa issuance. We regret not to release the medical report until such time that you can provide this requirement.

Appointment letter from the Embassy or Instruction letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), if available,

2 photocopies of your Appointment Letter/ Instruction Letter

Applicants are also required to provide the name, address and contact number of their petitioner in the U.S.A.

Their inconsistent response to questions and plus the staff attitudes. They were so lucky I was not there with Mike when he had his :blush:

St Luke just gives me bad vibes so I'm stopping right here as this could go on forever lol

Edited by Tintin and Mike

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.