NigeriaorBust

Lagos consulate officers

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Amazing how that happens huh. You watch the news and anything about immigration has to do with south of the border.

When Obama opened up Visas for Vistors and Business he only opened it wide for China and India according to their speech they bring great business and money to the US. I see an influx on work visas like crazy from India to the point I am the only American in my work place everyone else is sponsored or yes illegal and the employer knows it. So what there are no skilled Techy people out there in the US (I am a QA Analyst)?

I grow so tired of the fact that families are the last to be heard most people don't even know you have to get a Visa that takes almost a year to get a love one here. You know lets just say you brought over a scammer who only wanted to get a green card out of you. Goodness worst things could have happened.

Sometimes I worry and get scared because OMG I am older than my man. And I guess to CO's women over the age of 40 are just to stupid, vapid, ignorant and clueless not to mention we are lonely, desparate (cuz why else would we go abrod for a man where there are good american boys here). So because they have deeemed us all these things they feel they need to protect us. Although the fat, old white guy who is marrying his Philipina woman 50 years younger doesn't even get a second glance.

Yep the system is way broken. And I be darn if people who may or maynot have had a good or bad day get a feeling I may or maynot be loved or in love.

Man see you got me worked up now.:angry: I need to write a letter now. Colin Powell or Obama may hear from me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one worked up because we ALL need to be worked up at what they are doing to us as it's not right. Just like Mr. Powell wrote, an approved USCIS petition should never be denied UNLESS there's a convincing evidence of fraud that can stand up in a court of law. If such evidence exists, then show it at the interview, email/call the petitioner to clarify or for Gods sake set up a Skype session specifically during the interview (we can goto Mars now so we have these technologies). I have to read it again but I think Mr. Powell went as far as to ask the Conoffs to issue a visa despite their suspicions. One can argue that this was before 9/11 but a 24 year old Nigerian female doesn't quite meet the profile of a terrorist.

PS: I done gone wrote my two Senators this morning. Again.helpsmilie.gif

PPS: I just wish there is more that I can do to publicize this issue. Until it happened to me I never knew the psychological impact that a denial could have brought. It's so not cool.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm glad I'm not the only one worked up because we ALL need to be worked up at what they are doing to us as it's not right. Just like Mr. Powell wrote, an approved USCIS petition should never be denied UNLESS there's a convincing evidence of fraud that can stand up in a court of law. If such evidence exists, then show it at the interview, email/call the petitioner to clarify or for Gods sake set up a Skype session specifically during the interview (we can goto Mars now so we have these technologies). I have to read it again but I think Mr. Powell went as far as to ask the Conoffs to issue a visa despite their suspicions. One can argue that this was before 9/11 but a 24 year old Nigerian female doesn't quite meet the profile of a terrorist.

PPS: I just wish there is more that I can do to publicize this issue. Until it happened to me I never knew the psychological impact that a denial could have brought. It's so not cool.

Ahhh my dear Gowon I feel your pain I do. And it is just a dang shame. Where is this article I would love to get it.

I will stand next to you and sign, alert, yell from the tallest building. I am very vocal (If u haven't noticed). I can play nice but when it comes to me and mine awww naw it's on.

It's a crime what they are doing and they are just playing games. If you can site "For immigration purposes" on the denial and yet tell that couple you can go get married and what a year later you approved same said couple. Ummm what happened? Did your view change? It's just a game. They only made what another $738 so that can't be it. So what in the world.

If they were so afraid of scammers coming here and disappearing, open up more visitor visas to couples to meet and greet. Heck aren't they coming here shouldn't they be coming here and seeing whats up? And I bet no one would mind wearing an ankle monitor during their visit. See government knows where you are at all times. Izzy Pizzy.

I am so ready to write this is craziness. I already wrote to Obama, Romney and my reps when I was at USCIS (maybe thats why I got a 3 month approval :D LOL)

But I am more mad than sad and I am one ready for a get in your face and tell you how it really is. Trust me I have had this debate with stupid regular people. I have no issue or wahala dealing or taking it to Capitol Hill. We should demand a senate hearing on this. Let me see what I can do.

I know many on the Islamabad AP thread sitting for 1,2,3 years would love to take it up there. Everyone laughs at Nigeria and haha thats the worst embassy in the world all that fraud and yet Sally Sue from the VWP comes to US to visit her "Friend" and OMG a Ross and Rachel moment how did that happen we got married. Oh what do we do now can we adjust status so I don't have to go home. People stop the noise. I mean really. Let me stop before I really speak my mind.

I so don't need to be at work right now. I need to write now.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Ahhh my dear Gowon I feel your pain I do. And it is just a dang shame. Where is this article I would love to get it.

I will stand next to you and sign, alert, yell from the tallest building. I am very vocal (If u haven't noticed). I can play nice but when it comes to me and mine awww naw it's on.

It's a crime what they are doing and they are just playing games. If you can site "For immigration purposes" on the denial and yet tell that couple you can go get married and what a year later you approved same said couple. Ummm what happened? Did your view change? It's just a game. They only made what another $738 so that can't be it. So what in the world.

If they were so afraid of scammers coming here and disappearing, open up more visitor visas to couples to meet and greet. Heck aren't they coming here shouldn't they be coming here and seeing whats up? And I bet no one would mind wearing an ankle monitor during their visit. See government knows where you are at all times. Izzy Pizzy.

I am so ready to write this is craziness. I already wrote to Obama, Romney and my reps when I was at USCIS (maybe thats why I got a 3 month approval :D LOL)

But I am more mad than sad and I am one ready for a get in your face and tell you how it really is. Trust me I have had this debate with stupid regular people. I have no issue or wahala dealing or taking it to Capitol Hill. We should demand a senate hearing on this. Let me see what I can do.

I know many on the Islamabad AP thread sitting for 1,2,3 years would love to take it up there. Everyone laughs at Nigeria and haha thats the worst embassy in the world all that fraud and yet Sally Sue from the VWP comes to US to visit her "Friend" and OMG a Ross and Rachel moment how did that happen we got married. Oh what do we do now can we adjust status so I don't have to go home. People stop the noise. I mean really. Let me stop before I really speak my mind.

I so don't need to be at work right now. I need to write now.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time :rofl:

:thumbs:

Amazing how that happens huh. You watch the news and anything about immigration has to do with south of the border.

When Obama opened up Visas for Vistors and Business he only opened it wide for China and India according to their speech they bring great business and money to the US. I see an influx on work visas like crazy from India to the point I am the only American in my work place everyone else is sponsored or yes illegal and the employer knows it. So what there are no skilled Techy people out there in the US (I am a QA Analyst)?

I grow so tired of the fact that families are the last to be heard most people don't even know you have to get a Visa that takes almost a year to get a love one here. You know lets just say you brought over a scammer who only wanted to get a green card out of you. Goodness worst things could have happened.

Sometimes I worry and get scared because OMG I am older than my man. And I guess to CO's women over the age of 40 are just to stupid, vapid, ignorant and clueless not to mention we are lonely, desparate (cuz why else would we go abrod for a man where there are good american boys here). So because they have deeemed us all these things they feel they need to protect us. Although the fat, old white guy who is marrying his Philipina woman 50 years younger doesn't even get a second glance.

Yep the system is way broken. And I be darn if people who may or maynot have had a good or bad day get a feeling I may or maynot be loved or in love.

Man see you got me worked up now.:angry: I need to write a letter now. Colin Powell or Obama may hear from me.

I hope your writing them 10 times a day! :angry::ranting::protest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Divine had an American white lady with dark hair. He was in a four hour interview but was approved.

Ginie's husband interviewed with a White American CO with dirty blonde hair, highlighted. There were not so good things to say about her.

Divine did add, a security guard warned him to stay very calm while waiting, to not fidget around, pace or show nervousness. He was told the reason was he was being watched from a camera room in the back before actually being interviewed. (I'd never heard of this before)

Lol, when you say four hour interview, you might scare other people still waiting. The actual interview time is from when his number was displayed, to when he was approved. Mine was about 4 minutes, though I was inside the embassy for about two and half hours. He might not know it, but sometimes they may not be through with those sceduled for 7am before its time to call in those for 10am. Logically, the 10am people would have to wait till those for 7am are all done before they can start even though that wait is inside the embassy. However long they wait does not indicate the lenght of the interview itself. The little slip of paper they give at the door to the embassy building has a number and the time. So, while mine read 10:34 am, i noticed there was a guy sitting next to me, waiting for his interview and his read 7:38am. He did get interviewed and left long before i was called. But my pont being that by 11am he was still there.

An important building like an embassy would have cameras and they would watch people. I doubt if they would single anybody out to watch unless the persons acting suspicious or unless the persons petition already had lots of red flags and they were already looking out for him/her. My mum and I already discussed the possibility of cameras before I went and while there, I tried not to look nervous, instead I spent the time playing with a little girl whose mum was beside me. The guard while being helpful was probably also fishing for a tip. While leaving the embassy, the guards look at faces. If you look happy, they ask for a tip, if you don't, they keep quiet or they tell you 'maybe next time'. Lol.

Was interviewed by a young American woman, i think her hair was brown.

Yep, the guards were definitely fishing for a tip.

I stated four hour interview, because we literally thought from all the other reviews, that we were going to step in, go through security, onto the waiting area, be called after a few people and get a 5 minute interview then be sent on our way. It wasn't that way at all, and others need to know the waiting time may be four hours or longer if you are waiting on your spouse or family member outside. So I posted it.

You know, now they also have posts that say, "DO NOT TIP or give money to the Airport workers"...it still doesn't stop them from asking.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lol when I first saw your title I thought omg 4 hours of interviewing! But it sounds like the interview itself was short.

I stated four hour interview, because we literally thought from all the other reviews, that we were going to step in, go through security, onto the waiting area, be called after a few people and get a 5 minute interview then be sent on our way. It wasn't that way at all, and others need to know the waiting time may be four hours or longer if you are waiting on your spouse or family member outside. So I posted it.

You know, now they also have posts that say, "DO NOT TIP or give money to the Airport workers"...it still doesn't stop them from asking.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Come on now you didn't reallly think you be in and out from all the interview reviews you read. It even says to prepare for at least 7 to 8 hours.

I thought too especially as I was reading your review Lord this man done talk these people to death until they said No Mas and gave him a Visa. LOL

And the Airport people know to not even look at me if I come. Mannn I wish they would ask "what you got for me, I am your friend" Debbie went 9ja Ninja on their tails. For real. hehe

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Ok now to set the record straight, how long did the actual interview last for Divine? You know I couldn't imagine how a visa interview could have lasted for four hours!

He said she took her time and he was at the window around 20 minutes. Mostly looking at photo albums. :rofl: The rest of the time was sitting, standing ,security, walking across the street, sweating, praying and and waiting to hear that number called!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The first interview..we had a white guy who was fairly nice but he denied my husband stating that he married for immigration purposes....mind you we are living in the same house in LAGOS! :bonk:

My husband wants to raise his children in Nigeria but pursued immigration so that he is able to travel to US without issues and if we wanted to stay in US for some time...we can.

Not everyone partake in scandalous things. Nigeria has a very bad reputation unfortunately.

Sorry for the denial but what did the CO discover to make him reach that conclusion? It's sad despite having a fair CO he still manage to get denial anyway... Hope you both have found a way... How long did you both live together in lagos? Are you nigerian-american? If you don't mind making your post helpful... Take care

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.