9 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm just polishing off my application and I have some pictures I want to include from our wedding to now but how do I include them into the packet? Do I just put them in and write a description on the back of the photo? Or can I just add a sticky note to each photo?

Click Here for K1 and EAD Timeline

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2010-08-11

NOA Date : 2010-10-19

RFE(s) : 2010-09-13

Bio. Appt. : 2010-10-25

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi guys. I'm just polishing off my application and I have some pictures I want to include from our wedding to now but how do I include them into the packet? Do I just put them in and write a description on the back of the photo? Or can I just add a sticky note to each photo?

Just write a little discription of when and where was the picture taken, a sentence or two max. Just don't forget to put the pictures in a little packet to make it easier for the officer.

Should I write it on a post it note or on the back of the photo?

Click Here for K1 and EAD Timeline

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2010-08-11

NOA Date : 2010-10-19

RFE(s) : 2010-09-13

Bio. Appt. : 2010-10-25

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

For my husband's ROC, I copied and pasted photos from our computer; I wrote a one line description for each picture (2 photos per page), and then I printed them out. I did not send original photos.

pkyxguryrufud.png

I popped my photos in a MS Word document with a short caption and printed on plain paper. Got approved, no RFE or interview. They aren't as picky as we imagine and my standards and worries dropped each submission. (Naturalization application didn't even have a cover letter. )

If you want to do the MS Word thing and get quite a few photos on the page in a collage style, do this.

Make a text box roughly the size you want the photo to be. Click inside text box then Insert>Photo. You can resize and move them about when photos are in a text box. Do text box for the captions too.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I popped my photos in a MS Word document with a short caption and printed on plain paper. Got approved, no RFE or interview. They aren't as picky as we imagine and my standards and worries dropped each submission. (Naturalization application didn't even have a cover letter. )

If you want to do the MS Word thing and get quite a few photos on the page in a collage style, do this.

Make a text box roughly the size you want the photo to be. Click inside text box then Insert>Photo. You can resize and move them about when photos are in a text box. Do text box for the captions too.

Since you are approved for citizenship and this question is for everybody, did you send for I751 only 2 months bills or covering the 2 years since you got the conditional green card. I'm asking that because I sent only 2 months bills (electricity bill and phone bill). By the way the phone bill has my in laws address not my house, because we felt like the change of address on that bill was unecessary. I have a daughter and I sent her birth certificate. and I sent pictures, house insurance, car insurance, car title, car registration, and life insurance. I sent also copies of credit cards (no statments) because it shows both names. my wife is an authorized user. I sent 2 months of bank statments ?(all of the pages) blank voided check that shows both of our names. last pictures.

Do you think that I will recieve an RFE for not covering 2 years? I only sent 2 months of phone bills, electricity bill and bank statments.

Since you are approved for citizenship and this question is for everybody, did you send for I751 only 2 months bills or covering the 2 years since you got the conditional green card. I'm asking that because I sent only 2 months bills (electricity bill and phone bill). By the way the phone bill has my in laws address not my house, because we felt like the change of address on that bill was unecessary. I have a daughter and I sent her birth certificate. and I sent pictures, house insurance, car insurance, car title, car registration, and life insurance. I sent also copies of credit cards (no statments) because it shows both names. my wife is an authorized user. I sent 2 months of bank statments ?(all of the pages) blank voided check that shows both of our names. last pictures.

Do you think that I will recieve an RFE for not covering 2 years? I only sent 2 months of phone bills, electricity bill and bank statments.

I covered two years as best I could, but not with something from every month.

Example:

Papers showing opening a bank account together, closing that account about a year later, opening a new account in our new town and maybe 4 bank statements from beginning, middle, and most recent of that new account.

Car insurance proof (which cover 6 months)- sent 3 from timeframe right after marriage to current.

Dental bills that showed our names and upcoming appointments: sent 2 over a year apart.

Driver licenses--old ones and current ones with the address change.

Joint income tax--3 filing years

Car titles--3 different ones showing early date and a new car we bought more recently to replace one.

There was some more stuff besides those listed.

We have no children, different last names, no joint lease/mortgage or utilities, no beneficiary status on work or health insurance things (dont work), so it was a scramble to come up with things to send. But I did cover two years without going overboard and sending four per year or heaven forbid all of them.

Also, since this isn't about proving income but rather "jointness", I only sent the first page of the bank statements which showed both our names. Same with the joint tax transcripts. They only need to know you have an account together or filed together not every detail of the documents. The first page proved that. Some people believe In overloading them with quantity. I don't and went for quality while keeping the packet manageable for them to find the important stuff.

I did plan for this for two years making sure I put anything with both names in a folder rather than throwing out expired auto insurance for example.

For naturalization, I only sent the most recent two bank statements, full tax transcripts for 3 years, and most recent of the other stuff. I didn't back track to cover any of the first two years of marriage. They already had that. And they do have everything you have ever sent to immigration stacked on the desk for review when you go in for the interview....all the way back to the first petition.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Should I write it on a post it note or on the back of the photo?

I wrote directly on the photo and I included those on the cover sheet where I listed each item in the order I placed it in the folder.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.