kpatel

VISA APPROVED !!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

My CR1 interview was on 7th November and I got APPROVED!!!

I reached the Embassy by 6.40am and there were many people already waiting. At 6.50am 2 persons came from Embassy and asked us to form 2 seperate lines (Immigration and Non-Immigration).

I was 7th in the line and then they asked us to move in the embassy. First comes the security check, any types of bags are also not allowed only plastic bags are allowed in which you can keep our folders, etc. Then you move ahead and they give you a token number. Then you wait for your token number to be displayed on the monitor.

The first interview was taken by the Indian officer. He asked for my birth & marraige certificate copies and asked few basic questions like...what does my husband do, is this my and my husband's first marraige, etc

Then he asked me to wait and after 45 mins or so my token number was again displayed and this interview was with an American lady. She asked me few questions like when did i lsat see my husband, when we got married, where did we go for honeymoon, where did we stay, what does he do, etc. Then she asked me to provide joint sponsor as the income on 2011 tax return was less. So i gave my husband's CPA's letter where it was mentioned the earning of my husband and I gave the explanation that my husband is self employed as property developer and in 2011 he was developing a property and all the earnings were used in developing the property. She made a note of everything and said that I accept your explanation followed by - Congratulation!! Your visa is approved and you will get your passport in a week.

I came out and towards the exit there a premium service desk where I paid Rs 300 so I can get the passport delivered at my home instead of picking it up. The interview was very easy and simple and I was out of the Embassy by 9.10am.

USCIS:

12/06/2011 - Married

01/17/2012 - I-130 Sent

01/18/2012 - NOA1 Date

07/30/2012 - NOA2 Email Received (194 Days since NOA1)

NVC:

07/30/2012 - Case arrived at NVC building

08/20/2012 - Received case #, IIN, gave both e-mail addresses

08/20/2012 - E-mailed DS-3032 (used email template & also attached scanned copy)

08/27/2012 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID online

08/28/2012 - AOS bill appears as PAID

08/29/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

08/30/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID online

08/31/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

08/31/2012 - AOS Package sent (via priority mail)

08/31/2012 - IV Package sent (via priority mail)

09/04/2012 - NVC received both packets (due to weekend & labor day holiday)

09/11/2012 - AOS/I-864 accepted

09/17/2012 - RFE for DS-230 ques 30

09/19/2012 - Mailed new DS-230 by overnight mail

09/21/2012 - New DS-230 delivered at NVC

10/01/2012 - IV Package accepted

10/01/2012 - Case Complete

10/02/2012 - Interview date assigned by email

Mumbai Consulate:

10/05/2012 - Medical Done (Got the report on same day)

11/07/2012 - Interview @ Mumbai Consulate (Result: APPROVED)

11/09/2012 - Passport Pick up

11/22/2012 - POE Atlanta

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Our K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/02/12 - NOA2 hard copy
11/05/12 - NVC Received
11/06/12 - MNL Case Number Assigned
12/17-18/12 - Medical Exam
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

05/28/13 - I-485/ I-765 Sent

06/04/13 - NOA

06/27/13 - Biometrics Appointment

07/16/13 - AOS status: Ready for Testing and Interview
07/25/13 - AOS status: Scheduled Interview on August 26, 2013
07/29/13 - EAD status: Card Production
08/02/13 - EAD Card Mailed
08/05/13 - EAD Card Delivered
08/26/13 - AOS Interview (Approved)
08/26/13 - AOS status: Permanent Resident Status Registered
08/29/13 - AOS status: Card Production
08/30/13 - AOS Card Mailed

Timeline

Hi,

I reached the Embassy by 6.40am and there were many people already waiting. At 6.50am 2 persons came from Embassy and asked us to form 2 seperate lines (Immigration and Non-Immigration).

I was 7th in the line and then they asked us to move in the embassy. First comes the security check, any types of bags are also not allowed only plastic bags are allowed in which you can keep our folders, etc. Then you move ahead and they give you a token number. Then you wait for your token number to be displayed on the monitor.

The first interview was taken by the Indian officer. He asked for my birth & marraige certificate copies and asked few basic questions like...what does my husband do, is this my and my husband's first marraige, etc

Then he asked me to wait and after 45 mins or so my token number was again displayed and this interview was with an American lady. She asked me few questions like when did i lsat see my husband, when we got married, where did we go for honeymoon, where did we stay, what does he do, etc. Then she asked me to provide joint sponsor as the income on 2011 tax return was less. So i gave my husband's CPA's letter where it was mentioned the earning of my husband and I gave the explanation that my husband is self employed as property developer and in 2011 he was developing a property and all the earnings were used in developing the property. She made a note of everything and said that I accept your explanation followed by - Congratulation!! Your visa is approved and you will get your passport in a week.

I came out and towards the exit there a premium service desk where I paid Rs 300 so I can get the passport delivered at my home instead of picking it up. The interview was very easy and simple and I was out of the Embassy by 9.10am.

Congratulations!! :dance::dance::dance:

Timeline

Today (right now), when I track the passport staus by sending an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com it says - The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post.

So I assume that the passport is dispatched from the Embassy and its on its way from Mumbai to Ahmedabad. I hope to receive it tomorrow. Will update my timeline once I receive my visa.

USCIS:

12/06/2011 - Married

01/17/2012 - I-130 Sent

01/18/2012 - NOA1 Date

07/30/2012 - NOA2 Email Received (194 Days since NOA1)

NVC:

07/30/2012 - Case arrived at NVC building

08/20/2012 - Received case #, IIN, gave both e-mail addresses

08/20/2012 - E-mailed DS-3032 (used email template & also attached scanned copy)

08/27/2012 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID online

08/28/2012 - AOS bill appears as PAID

08/29/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

08/30/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID online

08/31/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

08/31/2012 - AOS Package sent (via priority mail)

08/31/2012 - IV Package sent (via priority mail)

09/04/2012 - NVC received both packets (due to weekend & labor day holiday)

09/11/2012 - AOS/I-864 accepted

09/17/2012 - RFE for DS-230 ques 30

09/19/2012 - Mailed new DS-230 by overnight mail

09/21/2012 - New DS-230 delivered at NVC

10/01/2012 - IV Package accepted

10/01/2012 - Case Complete

10/02/2012 - Interview date assigned by email

Mumbai Consulate:

10/05/2012 - Medical Done (Got the report on same day)

11/07/2012 - Interview @ Mumbai Consulate (Result: APPROVED)

11/09/2012 - Passport Pick up

11/22/2012 - POE Atlanta

Timeline

Hi,

OOOOOOOOOH YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! you made it my dear friend!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are one among the VJ friends I dearly prayed for because I remember you wanted to be with your love before Dec 6th for your first Wed ann. YOU DID IT!!!!! Also, although you were the last to get case complete notice from NVC you were first in the group to get interview date, so me being closely following your journey, am so excited for you. This years thanksgiving is BIG TIME for your hubby here in US as he gets to recieve you at the airport the same day!!!!! Go KPatel!!!!!!

Today (right now), when I track the passport staus by sending an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com it says - The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post.

So I assume that the passport is dispatched from the Embassy and its on its way from Mumbai to Ahmedabad. I hope to receive it tomorrow. Will update my timeline once I receive my visa.

WOW! thanks and keep us posted!

Timeline

Wow! Wow! Wow! :dance:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

KPatel Very congrats to u for ur Visa Approval....However can u please answer me question regarding the status of ur passport...???

As u mentioned u send email at passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com to track ur passport, but as far as we know we simply have to mention our passport number on USTraveldocs website and we can know the status of our passport. Then why did u emailed to know the status of ur passport and after u mailed them within how much time did u received the reply from ustraveldocs website...????

Also, i which language did u gave ur Interview...Eng or Gujarati...???? Did u choose ur Interview language when u registered on ustraveldocs website or during initial screening vfs guys asked u to select ur interview language...??? Do they ask for conformation page of our registration for document delivery address or not...????

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.