Phil k

the worst has happend!! please help...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

2 days before i submitted my removal of conditions on my wife's behalf, our place was robbed!! they took something that had all my wife papers inside including SS card, foreign Passport, and green card. i just receive the NOA for the biometrics what can we do to complete this because she has no green card or passport or ss card. The only ID she has is a learners permit. the biometrics requires the green card. what are my options now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

2 days before i submitted my removal of conditions on my wife's behalf, our place was robbed!! they took something that had all my wife papers inside including SS card, foreign Passport, and green card. i just receive the NOA for the biometrics what can we do to complete this because she has no green card or passport or ss card. The only ID she has is a learners permit. the biometrics requires the green card. what are my options now.

if she has a state id she can use that. If she doesn't you will probably have to reschedule your bio, until you get everything straight up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Phil,

This is what you need to do. You need to first contact the USCIS and report that the greencard has been stolen. Explain your situation to them and I am sure they will issue a new greencard. I would suggest you do this as quickly as possible. There is also forms online to request a new one at: USCIS GREEN CARD REPLACEMENT. You can also contact the Social Security office and request a replacement card. I would first call them, though, and let them know what is happening and they can probably give you better advice than this. Prayers sent up in y'alls behalf.

Blessings,

Sarah

"But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous;With favor You will surround him as with a shield." - Psalm 5:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

I-129F Sent : 2011-06-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-11-02

NVC Received : 2011-11-10

Consulate Received : 2011-11-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-12-26

Packet 4 Received : 2012-02-13

Interview Date : 2012-03-25

Interview Result : Administrative Review

Administrative Review Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2012-04-09

US Entry : 2012-04-21

Marriage : 2012-04-28

Comments : HOORAY!!!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 146 days from your NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : JFK

POE Date : 2012-04-21

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : New Yorkers were awesome to Rezq when he came into JFK. One guard even allowed

him to use his personal phone to call me when he missed his first flight. God is good!

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Omaha NE

Date Filed : 2012-05-07

NOA Date : 2012-05-19

Bio. Appt. : 2012-05-30

Approval Date : 2012-10-11

Greencard Received: 2012-10-29

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Couple of things.

Make a police report if you haven't already. Report her passport stolen to her countries embassy. She will need to get a new one and they'll probably put an alert on her current one. Report her SSN stolen to the SSA and consider putting a fraud alert on her credit because it sounds like they have everything they need to steal her identity. Go to the local SSA and get another one issued. I'm not sure what they'll need so ask (hopefully the NOA1 extension letter is enough). I'm sure you have the number or hopefully a copy somewhere so you'll be able to file taxes.

Report her GC stolen to USCIS. DO NOT apply for a new greencard. You will need to pay for it, and there's no need for it because you submitted copies with your ROC application and it's not needed to process her ROC.

Her permit is sufficient for ID purposes but if you're concerned go in and ask about getting a State ID issued. Please re-read the biometrics letter. It DOES NOT require the GC and instead just says ID.

Explain your situation to them and I am sure they will issue a new greencard.

Yep they will, for $450, but its not needed.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you will need your green card later for your citizenship a copy of your green card front and back,you can ask uscis about your card was stolen your house was robbed get a copy of the police report send a copy along with the form 1-90 application for peramant resident card,first call the customer service number 1-800 see if you have to pay for the card,report the incident to them also.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

you will need your green card later for your citizenship a copy of your green card front and back,you can ask uscis about your card was stolen your house was robbed get a copy of the police report send a copy along with the form 1-90 application for peramant resident card,first call the customer service number 1-800 see if you have to pay for the card,report the incident to them also.

There is no NEED for this. The OP is filing for ROC and will receive their 10 year card eventually. once they get that they don't need the one that was stolen.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Couple of things.

Make a police report if you haven't already. Report her passport stolen to her countries embassy. She will need to get a new one and they'll probably put an alert on her current one. Report her SSN stolen to the SSA and consider putting a fraud alert on her credit because it sounds like they have everything they need to steal her identity. Go to the local SSA and get another one issued. I'm not sure what they'll need so ask (hopefully the NOA1 extension letter is enough). I'm sure you have the number or hopefully a copy somewhere so you'll be able to file taxes.

Report her GC stolen to USCIS. DO NOT apply for a new greencard. You will need to pay for it, and there's no need for it because you submitted copies with your ROC application and it's not needed to process her ROC.

Her permit is sufficient for ID purposes but if you're concerned go in and ask about getting a State ID issued. Please re-read the biometrics letter. It DOES NOT require the GC and instead just says ID.

Perfact....... :thumbs:

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete.

10-28-14 -> Case Complete Email Received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.