wjr

Santo Dominigo Dominican Republic

24 posts in this topic

I am very sad to report that Twincactus is 100% correct in everything that he said. The wait for an interview at the consulate in Santo Domingo is very very long. I originally applied for the K1 in May of 2005. The case was approved in record time and send to the consulate in June of 2005. However, at that point the waiting began and continued and continued until October of 2006 when they finally gave us an interview. The wait total was 16 Months. However, when we started on the list it only had 18,500 people on it. The waiting list now has about 28,000 and it is continuing to grow. The fact is that it is not getting easier for people who are entering the list right now. If I entered the list at this point I would be looking at at least an addition 8 month wait.

Brace yourself because no matter what you do it is going to be a long wait.

K-1 Visa/I-129F Petition

05-11-05 I-129F Petiiton mailed to Vermont Service Center

05-17-05 I-129F Petition received by Vermont Service Center

05-20-05 Check cashed and File Number received

05-21-05 Received paper NOA1 via mail

06-01-05 Received e-mail notification that application was approved. 15 Days.

06-06-05 Received approval notification via regular mail.

06-07-05 I-129F Petition with USCIS approval received by the National Visa Center.

06-10-05 I-129F Peitition package with approval sent by National Visa Center to US Consolate in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

06-21-05 I-129F Petition package with approval received by US Consolate in Santo Domingo, DR.

06-21-05 Packet # 3 mailed to my fiance, or so I was told.

07-01-05 We are number 20xxx on the dreaded waiting list at the Santo Domingo Consolate. Now the waiting begins!!

11-02-05 We are now number 12xxx on the waiting list.

12-02-05 We are now number 11xxx on the waiting list. We were hoping to get our interview by the end of 2005. It now looks like that interview will not come until the end of 2006!!!

We all know that our wait will be long. I have had experience with k-1 visa's and other business at the consulate in santo domingo before. I know what a mess it is and what it takes to go through the process. Given the many variables and the inability of human beings to prognosicate the future I don't try to pinpoint when my visa interview will be, that would be an exercise in anxiety and futility. All I was saying is that according to the numbers assigned to the cases, the k-1 visas that are being assigned interviews in jan and feb were passing through uscis last june and july. 28000 in the waiting list, 25000 being processed each month. Do the math.

if it doesn't go according to the math because of prioritization, thats fine, if your worried about it, it won't bust my bubble

Frankly, I trust very little advise given to me in these matters, least of all yours

This guy who's advice you don't trust probably knows more about the system in DR than 99% of the lawyers out there and he has helped HUNDREDS of people go through the process prepared and come out successful. I am one of them. I also had a lawyer who DID NOT HAVE A CLUE and told me the wait for an interview would be 3 - 6 months. I WAS EDUCATING HIM through the process. When we started on the waiting list as a K-1, we were at #18,000. We were added to the list on 4/22/05 and finally had our interview on 6/2/06. That was just the wait for the interview, after the processing here. We waited 14 months for an interview. BUT NOW - the waiting list is 27,189 cases long. Yes, of course you want to be in denial about it, everyone does, because yes, it IS unbelieveable, it IS unjust, but it IS also a reality.

I am assuming you are talking about twincactus, right?

But of course, who else?

Yes! Sorry for not making that clear. :D

Filed: Timeline

Hi folks, Tampa Robert here, my first and last post on this forum.

I heard from some nutball (who actually thought the Cowboys were going to the Super Bowl) that on another forum (confirmed by a quick lurk-search) my good name was being associated with a poster on this thread, manualderegil. BTW-when I spoke to ~him~, he was making plane reservations to Transylvania to look for una nueva esposa, the theory being if he was gonna get a blood-sucker, he ought to go right to the source.

In any event, I am not the miscreant on this thread questioning tim/twincactus.

Manuel, Tim KNOWS the real deal with fiance/spousal visas for sankies and sankettes coming to the US from La Republica Dominicana. He could give PhD lectures on the subject. Say what you want about the boy's style, his substance is rock solid. He deserves the respect that comes with his considerable knowledge. Pay attention and learn.

And I don't have a dog in the hunt. Just offering some clarification to some folks (*cough*LaChula*cough*);).

Y'all have a fine day, and I sincerely hope hearts can be mended and families brought together. Alida and I are doing well, I got back from a week in Santiago and Samana before Christmas, and will be going back down in Feb. for a couple of weeks for Carnival.

:)

TR

LaevingPOP.jpg

Leaving Puerto Plata on Tampa Robert Air

Hi folks, Tampa Robert here, my first and last post on this forum.

I heard from some nutball (who actually thought the Cowboys were going to the Super Bowl) that on another forum (confirmed by a quick lurk-search) my good name was being associated with a poster on this thread, manualderegil. BTW-when I spoke to ~him~, he was making plane reservations to Transylvania to look for una nueva esposa, the theory being if he was gonna get a blood-sucker, he ought to go right to the source.

In any event, I am not the miscreant on this thread questioning tim/twincactus.

Manuel, Tim KNOWS the real deal with fiance/spousal visas for sankies and sankettes coming to the US from La Republica Dominicana. He could give PhD lectures on the subject. Say what you want about the boy's style, his substance is rock solid. He deserves the respect that comes with his considerable knowledge. Pay attention and learn.

And I don't have a dog in the hunt. Just offering some clarification to some folks (*cough*LaChula*cough*);).

Y'all have a fine day, and I sincerely hope hearts can be mended and families brought together. Alida and I are doing well, I got back from a week in Santiago and Samana before Christmas, and will be going back down in Feb. for a couple of weeks for Carnival.

:)

TR

Hi there!

28 Nov 03 – Marriage in Santo Domingo

16 Oct 04 – I-130 filed

29 Oct 04 – I-797 NOA received

01 Nov 04 – I-129F filed

11 Nov 04 – I-797C NOA received

23 Dec 04 – APPROVAL OF 1-130

18 Jan 05 – DS-3032 and Bill for I-864

15 Feb 05 – IV Bill for Visa Processing

22 Feb 05 – I-864 received

15 Mar 05 – $335 fee credited to case by NVC

19 Mar 05 – NVC generates DS-230

21 Mar 05 – I-864 review completed

01 Apr 05 – DS-230 received

07 Apr 05 – DS-230 acknowledged by NVC

14 Apr 05 – Case Completed

22 Apr 05 – Case transferred to Santo Domingo

19 May 06 – IR1 Visa granted

I'm here to back up what the masses have said.....unless of course my year+ wait was a figment of my imagination.

Robert, nice to see you. We need to get together sometime.

12-15-04 > I-129F packet mailed (Day 1)

02-03-05 > APPROVED!!! NOA 2 (Day 50)

02-18-05 > Embassy receives petition (Day 65)

02-17-06 > (YEP 1 YEAR, NO TYPO) Packet 3 received (Day 429)

03-14-06 > Interview Date...VISA APPROVED!! (Day 454)

03-16-06 > Fiancee received visa in hand and we arrived in the USA!!

04-29-06 > Wedding Date

AOS & EAD

05-30-06 > Sent AOS and EAD

06-01-06 > Package signed for in Chicago

06-07-06 > NOA

06-08-06 > AOS & EAD Touched

06-12-06 > AOS & EAD Touched

06-29-06 > Biometrics Appointment

07-03-06 > AOS & EAD Touched

07-11-06 > Transferred to California!!

07-14-06 > Case Received in California

07-15-06 > AOS Touched

07-18-06 > AOS Touched again

07-19-06 > AOS Touched yet again

07-20-06 > WELCOME LETTER SENT!!

08-04-06 > GC Received

04-19-08 > File to remove Conditions!!

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Take heart k-1 visa seekers who are waiting for an appointment at the American consulate in Santo Domingo. If you check on the scheduled appointment list for January 2007 on their web-site you will find the case numbers indicate that the vast majority of the cases they are interviewing were sent to uscis in june and july of 2005. This means an approximate wait of 12 -13 months from receiving the approved petition at the consulate to the interview date. This is taking into consideration processing time at uscis and the national visa center. Though still outrageously long, this is a great improvement over the 2 year period being reported.

They are a very few k-1 cases dated to May of 2006 (I believe 5). I don't know if this indicates that they are working from both ends of the waiting list or if they are giving certain cases priority (potential spouses of dept of state employees, ha ha.)

Apparently they have either hired more staff or are giving more priority to k-1 visas. Our tax dollars at work. Maybe they heard our complaints

The latest cases received and put on the waiting list for cases which have not been scheduled an interview are from August of this year.

I'm sorry but you are not correct here. You are right that the case number reflects the June and July date, however this is the date the NVC assigned the case number and is the date the cases were sent to the Consulate in Santo Domingo. This does NOT take into account the time the case was at the USCIS service center OR the time it may have been at the NVC in the case of a marriage visa. Add about 6 months right now for the USCIS and even longer for the NVC if it's a CR1 petition. I just came through the process and it took 20 months total. We had several people with appointments in November, December, and January on my forums, and each of them is in the 22 month range. We have not noticed a difference and in fact the waitiung list has gotten larger this month. http://www.usemb.gov.do/Consular/waiting_list.htm

I do wish you were right about this.

The date used in determining the case number assigned by the nvc is the month in which the petition was approved by the uscis, not the date it was processed by the nvc.

Yes, that's true, however, the date the case is received in Santo Domingo determines it's place on the waiting list. At this point however, it wouldn't make much difference anyway. 28,000 people ahead of you is a looooong wait no matter how you slice it. I have members on my forum who are just now getting interviews after almost 2 years of waiting for an appointment and it isn't getting any better. I fail to see your point. I myself just finished the process, and it took 20 months total. I started at 16,000 on the list. Today's people are starting at 28,000.

if you knew that about the case numbers why did you say other wise, your rich in misinformation and worst case scenarios, we all know someone who took forever to process through santo domingo, and yes santo domingo is the worst for getting a k-1. I've done it before.

We all know that our wait will be long. I have had experience with k-1 visa's and other business at the consulate in santo domingo before. I know what a mess it is and what it takes to go through the process. Given the many variables and the inability of human beings to prognosicate the future I don't try to pinpoint when my visa interview will be, that would be an exercise in anxiety and futility. All I was saying is that according to the numbers assigned to the cases, the k-1 visas that are being assigned interviews in jan and feb were passing through uscis last june and july. 28000 in the waiting list, 25000 being processed each month. Do the math.

if it doesn't go according to the math because of prioritization, thats fine, if your worried about it, it won't bust my bubble

Frankly, I trust very little advise given to me in these matters, least of all yours

p.s Just came from s.d

que lo pase muy bien,

felice ano nuevo

Hey Manuel!!!

I filed my visa petition Oct. 2003

My case arrived at consulate SD Now. 2003

My visa interview date Dec. 2005

Visa denied!!!

March 2006 I filed the new petition.

Dec. 2006 I send m/o $380 visa processing fee to NVC.

Still waiting for my visa applications.

After that - consulate again, back of the line and waite, waite, waite...

Don't make an ### out of yourself, Manuel...

The wait for an interview is over a year!

So anyone not believing this will just be hit with the harsh reality once they are put on the waiting list.

My petition was received on Feb 2006.

Began at number 24XXX

I am now 11XXX

Looks like a few MORE months!

Manuel,

Do yourself a favor and read up on the "new" visa process in the DR... It took me over 13 months to do the process and that was in the beginning of the waiting list and now the waiting list top 27000. You may want to visit Tim's site and get some accurate information of what to expect with the process in the DR. We have a pretty high rate of approvals and you may benefit from other experiences. If you are already on the waiting list, Welcome to the Jungle. ;)

AP

Layin the Smack Down! B)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.