TJandJR

Did I forget anything?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well, 2 heads are better than one and 4 eyes better than 2 so I know you all can tell me if I forgot anything. I'm just waiting for my fiance's G325a, passport pic, and letter of intent which should be here Monday. I will add that to our K1 visa petition along with my money order ($340???) which I'm going to purchase from the US post office. Then I will look at all the forms about 10 more times and check for all signatures and dates (which I've already done a dozen times :wacko: ). I made copies. This is what I have.

Contents include:

1. (NOT YET) Payment in the amount of $340.00

2. I-129F

3. I-129F attachment question 9

4. G-325a (Petitioner) and passport style photo -name on back in labeled baggie

5. G-325a (Petitioner) attachment regarding employment past 5 years

6. G-325a (Petitioner) attachment regarding prior spouses

7. WAITING FOR G-325a (Beneficiary) and passport style photo

8. WAITING FOR G-325a (Beneficiary) attachment regarding employment past 5 years

9. Birth Certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)

10. Letter of intent to marry (Petitioner and WAITING FOR Beneficiary)

11. Divorce documents

12. Proof of having met in person in the past two years

5 time stamped photos (his cousin and friend since childhood also in some photos)

passport pages with visa stamp and arriving and departing stamps regarding visit to Nigeria

Delta flight itinerary for trip to Lagos

visa payment slip from Nigeria Immigration Service

visa acknowledgment slip from Nigeria Immigration Service

notorized letter of invitation from Beneficiary submitted when I applied for my tourist visa to Nigeria showing his address

screenshot of when I registered visit to Nigeria with Dept. of State's STEP program showing Benificiary's address where I stayed

letter explaining why I have only visited once (but that visit was over a month long). My job sends me on 10 week projects If I take off even for a week, I will miss 10 weeks of work because they won't send me on the project. If I take off when one project ends and another begins, I could possibly miss 20 weeks work and wages. This would create a financial hardship for me.

13. Proof of ongoing relationship

cell phone records - a fat stack(calls and texts from June 2010 til present)

phone text records (shows "sent to" and "received from" and his phone number)(same as above)

long distance carrier logs from Feb 2011 til present (over 800 calls to him)

chat records a few from Oct 2011 til present

emails a sampling from June 2010 til present

photocopies of envelopes with addresses and post office stamps from mail going through postal system

That's it. I don't have many pics of us together but a gazillion of him. Didn't realize I would need them. But I do have 5 and they are time stamped and it should establish proof we were at the same place at the same time. Right? Thank you in advance :) for looking and your comments. I'm going to lay hands on all of it and pray over it before I mail it. I know many of you understand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Well, 2 heads are better than one and 4 eyes better than 2 so I know you all can tell me if I forgot anything. I'm just waiting for my fiance's G325a, passport pic, and letter of intent which should be here Monday. I will add that to our K1 visa petition along with my money order ($340???) which I'm going to purchase from the US post office. Then I will look at all the forms about 10 more times and check for all signatures and dates (which I've already done a dozen times :wacko: ). I made copies. This is what I have.

Contents include:

1. (NOT YET) Payment in the amount of $340.00

2. I-129F

3. I-129F attachment question 9

4. G-325a (Petitioner) and passport style photo -name on back in labeled baggie

5. G-325a (Petitioner) attachment regarding employment past 5 years

6. G-325a (Petitioner) attachment regarding prior spouses

7. WAITING FOR G-325a (Beneficiary) and passport style photo

8. WAITING FOR G-325a (Beneficiary) attachment regarding employment past 5 years

9. Birth Certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)

10. Letter of intent to marry (Petitioner and WAITING FOR Beneficiary)

11. Divorce documents

12. Proof of having met in person in the past two years

5 time stamped photos (his cousin and friend since childhood also in some photos)

passport pages with visa stamp and arriving and departing stamps regarding visit to Nigeria

Delta flight itinerary for trip to Lagos

visa payment slip from Nigeria Immigration Service

visa acknowledgment slip from Nigeria Immigration Service

notorized letter of invitation from Beneficiary submitted when I applied for my tourist visa to Nigeria showing his address

screenshot of when I registered visit to Nigeria with Dept. of State's STEP program showing Benificiary's address where I stayed

letter explaining why I have only visited once (but that visit was over a month long). My job sends me on 10 week projects If I take off even for a week, I will miss 10 weeks of work because they won't send me on the project. If I take off when one project ends and another begins, I could possibly miss 20 weeks work and wages. This would create a financial hardship for me.

13. Proof of ongoing relationship

cell phone records - a fat stack(calls and texts from June 2010 til present)

phone text records (shows "sent to" and "received from" and his phone number)(same as above)

long distance carrier logs from Feb 2011 til present (over 800 calls to him)

chat records a few from Oct 2011 til present

emails a sampling from June 2010 til present

photocopies of envelopes with addresses and post office stamps from mail going through postal system

That's it. I don't have many pics of us together but a gazillion of him. Didn't realize I would need them. But I do have 5 and they are time stamped and it should establish proof we were at the same place at the same time. Right? Thank you in advance :) for looking and your comments. I'm going to lay hands on all of it and pray over it before I mail it. I know many of you understand.

Hi there, I am the beneficiary. I also sent to my fiance a copy of my passport bio page and copy of my birth certificate. Then it's a good idea to make a cover letter and also include your form G-1145 on the first page of your packet. You are good to go. Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not critical, but just a thought. If you send a personal check instead of a money order you can see when the check is cashed through your bank. Other than that it looks good to me.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.