Glenn & Rosemarie

Today I Became so Disappointed

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today I guess has just put me down in the dumps. I opened a letter from my senator of which had emailed the US Embassy in Manila for me. I read the correspondence from a person at the Embassy and it say's this regarding the interview " We received the case on September 18 from NVC and queued the case for scheduling of the visa appointment. Although we cannot assign the interview date at this time, it appears likely that the applicant will be scheduled for interview before February 2007." WHAT!

I am not believing this! People from August approvals are getting November and December interviews! What is up with this? I was kind of hoping she would be here in December or at least by January. This freaking letter nips that! What happened to the chart I see that says average of 82 days? Is it just totally wrong or this person over estimating?

I would really appreciate feedback. I don't have the heart to tell Rosemarie what I read here today in this email.

Thanks,

Filed: Timeline
Today I guess has just put me down in the dumps. I opened a letter from my senator of which had emailed the US Embassy in Manila for me. I read the correspondence from a person at the Embassy and it say's this regarding the interview " We received the case on September 18 from NVC and queued the case for scheduling of the visa appointment. Although we cannot assign the interview date at this time, it appears likely that the applicant will be scheduled for interview before February 2007." WHAT!

I am not believing this! People from August approvals are getting November and December interviews! What is up with this? I was kind of hoping she would be here in December or at least by January. This freaking letter nips that! What happened to the chart I see that says average of 82 days? Is it just totally wrong or this person over estimating?

I would really appreciate feedback. I don't have the heart to tell Rosemarie what I read here today in this email.

Thanks,

It sounds about right, if not a bit conservative. August approvals mostly have November/December dates - so 3/4 months after. You got yours a month later, so your interview would be a month or so later (Dec/Jan).

Check the timelines.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...es&dfile=No

Thanks,

Well believe me I know how you feel. We don't even have our NOA2 yet. However they did tell you before February 2007 right? To me before February means January. That's 120 days after Manila received your case. 120 days is the average for Manila right now so take heart it's not any longer.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Glen & Rosemarie,

And recognize that 1, possibly 2, weeks are lost in December due to holidays.

Devilette is right, the information you got from the consulate via your Senator is consistent with the experience of the people from August.

Yodrak

Thanks,

It sounds about right, if not a bit conservative. August approvals mostly have November/December dates - so 3/4 months after. You got yours a month later, so your interview would be a month or so later (Dec/Jan).

Check the timelines.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...es&dfile=No

Timeline

8-17-06 packet 3 received

8-24-06 packet 3 sent back

Devilette,

I was reading your timeline and see a Packet 3 mentioned being received, then sent back. What does that consist of? My wife received a letter from manila on September 18 and nothing else since.

Thanks

Devilette is right, the information you got from the consulate via your Senator is consistent with the experience of the people from August.

:dancing:

Finally I am RIGHT! I knew I could do it! :P

8-17-06 packet 3 received

8-24-06 packet 3 sent back

Devilette,

I was reading your timeline and see a Packet 3 mentioned being received, then sent back. What does that consist of? My wife received a letter from manila on September 18 and nothing else since.

Thanks

Packet 3 has forms & a checklist the foreigner has to fill out for the interview. I would ask in the Manila forum to be sure what you get for your consulate.

Timeline

Thanks,

Well believe me I know how you feel. We don't even have our NOA2 yet. However they did tell you before February 2007 right? To me before February means January. That's 120 days after Manila received your case. 120 days is the average for Manila right now so take heart it's not any longer.

Man, you have had to wait way to long. You sent yours in ahead of us! That is BS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Glenn, I know what your going through and it is not fun. I am not sure if it does any good to get senators and congressmen involved. I expect one of those letters in the mail any day as well just confirming what I already know but it was worth a try.

With all the recent holiday closings at the embassy in Manila it is a wonder they get anything done there. My wife and I are hoping for an interview in Jan, our case was received Oct 4. Our last travel date is Feb 3 then baby is born there and another process will start to get birth abroad papers and passport for baby, maybe next Summer at this rate. :crying:

Edited by cybernutguy

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

there is NO packet 3 from Manila. people are confusing the letter they receive from the Embassy as

packet 3. the letter just acknowledges your petition has been received by the Embassy. you'll receive the fiancee visa appointment packet a week or two after your interview has been scheduled. looking at your timeline I'd say your looking at a Jan interview date.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Thanks,

Glen ,just hope after your interview it is not put into admin review on top of the waiting you probably all ready have done we are still waiting for my wife visa as well as she has had her interview all ready and we been waiing for this visa to come out of review, is emotinal torture

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.