N-o-l-a

November I-130 Filers

916 posts in this topic

Based on Grace2013 approval who has the NOA1 of 11/19 and our case is ahead of theirs I.e NOA1= 11/13 looks like USCIS is doing lottery system instead of going in order....

Any thoughts guys...???

Never mind the previous question I asked you coz you probably cannot answer it or this post answered it lol.

And I wanted to let you know that my MSC # is 1390202XXX and also Nov. 13th! So my number is 100+ prior those MSC1390203XXX numbers you started listing!! You are correct that there was way soooooo many filers! :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I think KDH posted a good cartoon illustrating this in off topic. Actually I think each field office just works things as they come along, some offices are slow and others are quick.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you know how they decide on which files to look at? It seems like the list you posted for Nov. 13th, they show how they jumped to certain sections. Is it like how I imagine someone just handing one a stack of files from the delivery room & say "get to work & start going through them"??

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410028-how-petitioners-think-their-papers-are-filed/

While that is a joke, I do believe it to be quite serious.

All of the petitions are not sitting in one perfect by-date pile.

They're spread around to everyone and some people are faster than others and some are more meticulous than others I'm sure.

You can think of it like the grocery store.

You know how sometimes you pick the wrong line and then you're standing there watching all of the other lines fly through?

Well, someone chose you a bad line.

At least that's my theory.

And I like it.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey Y'all,

I got the notification today that our approved petition has been shipped to the Dept. of State for processing. I know that it takes a little while for it to get there and then they have to put it in the system, but is it about a week of lag time I'm supposed to give it before I start calling NVC? Since I'm overseas and trunk calls cost a fortune, I don't want to be ringing them and wasting the money. I know there's a shortcut posted on here somewhere, but I am blanking on the user name of who posted it and am looking for someone else in the group who can remember what I'm looking for. My one-year-old has been having a bad sleep cycle, so my brain is mush. Thanks!

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

You might want to invest in a Skype number if you haven't already. I pay about $5/month for about all the international calling I want and it gives me a local US number. :thumbs:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Hey Y'all,

I got the notification today that our approved petition has been shipped to the Dept. of State for processing. I know that it takes a little while for it to get there and then they have to put it in the system, but is it about a week of lag time I'm supposed to give it before I start calling NVC? Since I'm overseas and trunk calls cost a fortune, I don't want to be ringing them and wasting the money. I know there's a shortcut posted on here somewhere, but I am blanking on the user name of who posted it and am looking for someone else in the group who can remember what I'm looking for. My one-year-old has been having a bad sleep cycle, so my brain is mush. Thanks!

Please refer to post # 1 Here-

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/406819-nvc-filers-january-2013/

And this is what I think you want as well-

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks, KDH! :thumbs:

Those are the links I was looking for, in particular the NVC shortcut. My daughter Sophie had her MMR inoculation and our house has been one of the levels of Hell since. Poor baby girl is miserable and is sharing the joy with her daddy and me. It took me about 5 minutes this morning to realize that I was trying to lock the house up with my car keys. :blush:

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

So here's our update thanks to some quick work from the Senator:

We got an email tonight from his assistant stating that USCIS had listed us both as being in America and that it seemed as though we were trying to AOS and that happened on December 12th when I called about not getting a NOA1 delivered to Denmark. The CSR told me that they couldn't deliver mail to USC abroad and must of changed his address at that point. I changed mine online and we did end up getting two notices of address change in the mail, but they were both concerning me.

So I've called several times since then and no one has said anything about him being listed as being in America. So after writing a response to the assistant that we were both still in Denmark, I called USCIS. The first CSR told me that they don't transfer to immigration officers, don't change beneficiary's addresses and to get more info on the case, I'd have to go to the US embassy in DK. Say what? So, I called again to a more informed CSR. SHe said they couldn't transfer to ISOs right now and that I could leave a message or call again tomorrow. You can bet I'll be calling again tomorrow.

I hope we can get this fixed, otherwise they won't send the application properly on to the embassy/NVC, right?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

called USCIS, for status:

Standard answer 5-7 months for this kind of a case. so its become 7 instead of 6 now...!!!!@!@#@#@#

When I asked, how is it that cases with a later priority date than ours are getting approved. She said, those are all probably emergency cases, but will have to look to tell.

FULL OF BULL ######. DAMN its frustrating...!!!!!@!#@#@$#$#$%$%$#%#$%#$

Timeline

Standard answer 5-7 months for this kind of a case. so its become 7 instead of 6 now...!!!!@!@#@#@#

When I asked, how is it that cases with a later priority date than ours are getting approved. She said, those are all probably emergency cases, but will have to look to tell.

Relax. Take a breather.

5 Months is standard time.

This is no time to be freaking out at all.

This is the waiting game.

90% of the immigration process is waiting.

So if you're freaking now, it will only get worse as the time and steps progress.

Is there some reason why you feel you should have an approval now?

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I was told 9 months in December. It seems like they cut it by 2 months in less than 3 weeks. I'm good with that.

H9Opm4.png?Ef96n7x7

D8vLm5.png

USCIS
11/15/2012- Filed I-130 through USPS
11/17/2012- USPS confirmed delivery
11/19/2012- USCIS text for receiving form (priority date 11/19/2012) to NBC
11/22/2012- NOA1 Hardcopy Received from NBC
12/18/2012 - Touched
12/18/2012 - Case status finally visible
02/01/2013 - NOA 2: APPROVED text received (74 days)
02/07/2013 - Hard copy NOA2

NVC
04/02/2013 - NVC Received
04/03/2013 - Received IIN & NVC Case Number (Congressman requested expedite due to USCIS & NVC Snafu)
04/03/2013 - Send DS-3032 Email
04/04/2013 - Received I-864 Bill
04/04/2013 - Pay I-864 Bill
04/05/2013 - Shipped Completed I-864
04/08/2013 - DS-3032 accepted
04/08/2013 - AOS Delivered
04/09/2013 - Receive IV Bill
04/09/2013 - IV Bill PAID
04/10/2013 - IV Package shipped
04/11/2013 - IV Package delivered
04/18/2013 - AOS Accepted - False IV Checklist received
04/23/2013 - Case Completed at NVC (16 Business Days or 22 Calendar Days)

Embassy
05/23/2013 - Medical
05/13/2013 - Embassy Received
06/12/2013 - Interview Date
APPROVED - Interview Result
XX/XX/XXXX-Visa
07/06/2013 - POE Newark

Timeline

I have a solution for you, don't bother to call USCIS, because you aren't going to get any relevant information and more than likely you'll be lied to, which you have experienced.

Seriously, the guy on the phone last night told me to go to the US embassy to get more information about my I-130. How fail is that?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

I have a solution for you, don't bother to call USCIS, because you aren't going to get any relevant information and more than likely you'll be lied to, which you have experienced.

Seriously, the guy on the phone last night told me to go to the US embassy to get more information about my I-130. How fail is that?

That is violating basic human dignity and rights...defeats the basic constitution of Immigration Policy...isnt it ?

Come ON...what frustrates me, is a "US Citizen" has to go through a re-verification process" this takes 7 months....man USCIS/FBI/CIA/Intepol all need their systems with a major overhaul..!! US is behaving like third world....countries...these days..even worse.!

And that too to bring their loves ones and "seperation of couple" as if dosent even count...as a topic of discussion...BULL SHITTTT.

Man Immi policies with resepect to this issue for sure is way too **(*@(@#* UP

Timeline

That is violating basic human dignity and rights...defeats the basic constitution of Immigration Policy...isnt it ?

Come ON...what frustrates me, is a "US Citizen" has to go through a re-verification process" this takes 7 months....man USCIS/FBI/CIA/Intepol all need their systems with a major overhaul..!! US is behaving like third world....countries...these days..even worse.!

And that too to bring their loves ones and "seperation of couple" as if dosent even count...as a topic of discussion...BULL SHITTTT.

Man Immi policies with resepect to this issue for sure is way too **(*@(@#* UP

I don't know why you are so hellbent on thinking this will take 7 months.

The chances of it taking 7 months are very slim given the current data.

7+ months is VCS.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I don't know why you are so hellbent on thinking this will take 7 months.

The chances of it taking 7 months are very slim given the current data.

7+ months is VCS.

I dont know if it is tomorrow or 5-7 months do you ? Thats the issue...:-). And +4 months for the process to complete there after..! Before you know your spouse will need to be reminded who you are....:LOLLLL

Edited by Hope2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.