Ban Hammer

abnormal and gross

offensive or not?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. if someone said your age difference between your so and you was abnormal and gross

• i'd be offended
    • i'd not be offended

95 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry, sis. Logic is not the attraction regarding why some people are entitled to be insulted. It just is. I asked for clarification and I got it. Older women/younger men relationships are lesser and not to be respected. It is as simple as that and we need to learn to live with it when we are here.

Thanks for trying.

I am sorry I am not trying to fight with her again but I feel like I need to clarify even though I already have several times. I never said older women/younger men relationships are lesser and not to be respected. I never said that. I said I wouldn't do it and to me it's gross since I am 23 years old. No one here said they are not to be respected. In the past few days the respect I had for szsz has gone out the window. Not because she is an older woman married to a younger man but from reading her posts and seeing the "logic" she uses.

Thanks! :luv:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Has there been an official case of a gay couple filing a K-1 or K-3 yet since Massachusetts passed the gay marriage law?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Has there been an official case of a gay couple filing a K-1 or K-3 yet since Massachusetts passed the gay marriage law?

They can not do so. K-1 & K-3 are governed by national law which do not recognize same sex marriage. A lot of bi-national same sex couple face terrible burdens because they can legal immigrate to be with one anoother.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If someone was to directly tell me they thought my relationship with a younger man was gross then yes I would be offended. But, if they just stated their opinion about how they felt in general then I would not be offended. I dont know if that makes sense.

Before I got married this last June I had spent nearly 19 years of being single. I dated younger men. I think I might have had 2 or 3 that was older than me. My motto was "as long as they are legal". I think the biggest age difference was 23 years apart.

But, now I got me an older guy (36) but still not older than me.

It seems to be acceptable for men to have women way younger than them so it should also be acceptable for older women to have a younger man. I say to each his own.

Lavon (F)

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

And if someone says, "I don't like interfaith marriages because it's against my religion, and I don't think people should mix races because of [some Biblical quote]", well, that's not really insulting to me. And that I think is closer to the age difference case, where it's just a matter of personal beliefs and preferences.

um, was someone to rely on the above to buttress their beliefs, at best they'd be called a narrow minded bigot that subscribes to an intolerant religion.

furthermore, were someone to try to use mainstream religion as a defense of their personal beliefs, they'd be crucified in every way and the religion would distance themself from said person so quick it would make bill chasing an intern seem like a slow motion movie ;)

in short, try again.

They wouldn't be justified, and I might think they're a narrow-minded bigot. But I wouldn't be insulted, because I'd chalk it up to their crazy beliefs which I don't share. There's a *lot* of people who think interfaith marriages are wrong. I don't have that kind of time to be insulted because of what they think, and frankly if they think X is wrong, and I like X, I don't much care as long as they're not trying to make X illegal..

As to the point that religion would distance themselves from someone making an intolerant remark about their personal beliefs, man, I wish that would be the case, but I think that hasn't been borne out by experience.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.