641 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

hello mrsoyetunji

ya in all honesty its quite pathetic i do not believe we should be waiting anywhere near this long, were both going on to 8 months and still nothing im getting really impatient and angry. im happy to see atleast my boy abezyo got approved but come on!!!!!!!!! what about us, if y'all4 are doing one file atleast do ours too, im extraaaa pissed off. i want something done about this #######. i need my wife here beside me and she needs me beside her i dont need to spend another 5,000 dollars on a trip to just go see her! i want to start my life with my raneen and have kids and all that good stuff but instead i have to sit here on this page and let out my anger on uscis and there bull!

WORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Hey im an Atlanta Filer as well...my NOA1 is September 18. Im also abezyo's friend. Im very pissed. I know we seen some progress with my homies approval but damn...when is it our turn?! I wrote my senators and congressman like my homie did but we havnt got any responses yet. I hope they can help me out. whats up people?

Folks, I'm not in Atlanta, but I think my Senator is on the immgration committee. If it's not too much work, I recommend you find out the members of that committee and write their offices as well. They can't directly represent you but maybe they can see how much hardship and suffering the Atlanta office is bringing upon innocent people who are trying to obey the law, and pressure that office to get back to work.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Folks, I'm not in Atlanta, but I think my Senator is on the immgration committee. If it's not too much work, I recommend you find out the members of that committee and write their offices as well. They can't directly represent you but maybe they can see how much hardship and suffering the Atlanta office is bringing upon innocent people who are trying to obey the law, and pressure that office to get back to work.

do you know how i could get in contact with the do you know there emails? or addresses that would be alot of help.

do you know how i could get in contact with the do you know there emails? or addresses that would be alot of help.

http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/about/subcommittees/immigration.cfm

You should be able to get info on the individual members by clicking on their names.

Timeline

see iv written to a few senators and congressman within the last 2 weeks im hoping to hear something soon from them, but if i dont im thinking about going even further and contacting more people. it sucks to even have to do this in the first place, but i guess when no one else is doing the work then you must.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So I received a letter in the mail yesterday from NBC respondng to an inquiry I made about where my petition was and the letter stated that "our records indicate that your petition or application has been adjudicated at the local USCIS office Atlanta" and that they would forward my letter to this office. I'm confused because it says "has been adjudicated" yet I didn't even know it had been sent to Atlanta nor how long it has been here, but it uses the past tense so does that mean a decision has been made and I'm just waiting for a response from the Atlanta office? I'm going to make an infopass appointment now that I know for sure, but I was just wondering if anyone else had received something like this in response to any inquiries?

Timeline

So I received a letter in the mail yesterday from NBC respondng to an inquiry I made about where my petition was and the letter stated that "our records indicate that your petition or application has been adjudicated at the local USCIS office Atlanta" and that they would forward my letter to this office. I'm confused because it says "has been adjudicated" yet I didn't even know it had been sent to Atlanta nor how long it has been here, but it uses the past tense so does that mean a decision has been made and I'm just waiting for a response from the Atlanta office? I'm going to make an infopass appointment now that I know for sure, but I was just wondering if anyone else had received something like this in response to any inquiries?

It sounds like youve been reviewed...what does you case status say online? Your best bet is an infopass appointment. They could probably tell you a bit more. But if nothing has changed on your case status online, then most likely your file is sitting in Atlanta. Atlanta was quick to change my approval status once I was approved. Just my 2 cents!

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It sounds like youve been reviewed...what does you case status say online? Your best bet is an infopass appointment. They could probably tell you a bit more. But if nothing has changed on your case status online, then most likely your file is sitting in Atlanta. Atlanta was quick to change my approval status once I was approved. Just my 2 cents!

OK, yes, I'm going to make an appointment to see what's going on, just thought it was strange that the response used the past tense! My status still says initial review. Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@Ahmed&rannen ,

You are very right , i am really very sad regarding this. I don't know what to do. Abezyo gave me link the senators and also to my congressman which i contacted them and also sending them a paper which allow them to ask about my petition from USCIS. But two days ago, my congressman sent me a letter through the mail box which i need to sign and send back again, which shows that they are doing something regarding it. So i just hope everything will be fine.

Timeline

@Ahmed&rannen ,

You are very right , i am really very sad regarding this. I don't know what to do. Abezyo gave me link the senators and also to my congressman which i contacted them and also sending them a paper which allow them to ask about my petition from USCIS. But two days ago, my congressman sent me a letter through the mail box which i need to sign and send back again, which shows that they are doing something regarding it. So i just hope everything will be fine.

ya i also wrote my senators and they snt me back a papper saying they have contacted the uscis regarding my case and when they here something they are going to let me know, so i hope that soon i will here some good news which will make me beyond happy at this point.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am with the November filers, but wanted to also paste my story on here too, as I too suspect our file is in Atlanta.

filed and received NOA 1, november 21, 2012.

Our lawyers advice for us not to call as that will not get anyone anywhere, besides tighing their/our hands for 30-60 days I believe was said to my husband. I am the benifitiary. My husband stays strong for the both of us most of the time, as I am now very stressed out and dealing with the loss of my mother and my job, the time I need my husband the most, I have been sitting and waiting and praying and keeping the faith. The timeframe they are giving right now to us is between 6-9 months. Last they checked in whatever system they check, is that our case still shows at NBC- but as they informed us, that many are in the illusion that NBC actually processes these cases, they are not- they are sent to a NOT local office, but a service center, however many times the uscis do not even inform of a transfer- though they assure us that our case IS at a service center and on a desk- now how many are ahead of us, no idea. (that is what we are informed so far by our lawyers)

My husband and I have both been more sceptic about forums- however, I still find it to also be a blessing to read about others who are in the same situation and feel less lonely in the process, as nobody can feel exactly what one have not experinced in person.

So waiting and waiting along side all of you.

I have noticed however, that many of those I have seen in different VJ posts, who had their 1-130 approved earlier than most of us, are still waiting, 2-3 months post approval - so all in all to me it seems like we for the most are all in the same time frame. (though each phase has its own joy it brings, and having 1-130 approved would be such a stress reliever.)

goodluck to all. ClockWatch2.gif

Filed: Timeline

My file I-130 at Chicago office was accepted on August 22, 2012. It was forwarded to VSC and from VSC to NBC. Till today I haven't heard anything from any service center. Through congressman I found file is at Atlanta office. I visited Atlanta office with Infopass appointment. Person at window told us "cases are being consolidated and we will hear in near future. Then approved file will go to NVC." He did not give any date of files being processed or did not let us talked to supervisor. Can anybody advise what to do to expedite the process or how to get correct status of my file.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It's very very annoying. Judging by when Abezo was approved, i think you should have received your NOA2 by now.

USCIS - (221 Days)

09/08/2012 - Married

09/29/2012 – I-130 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 – I-130 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
11/27/2012 - Transfer to local office (Atlanta)

04/15/2013 – Contacted Congressman and both Senators for help with my case
05/10/2013 – APPROVED!! - NOA2 (Approved 221 days from NOA1)

NVC (129 Days from NOA2)

05/13/2013 - NVC Received

05/17/2013 - NVC logged file as Received

05/29/2013 - Case & IIN # Received

05/30/2013 - DS3032 sent

06/07/2013 – AOS Invoiced

06/10/2013 – DS 3032 Accepted

06/10/2013 – AOS Paid

06/11/2013 – IV Invoiced & Paid

06/12/2013 – AOS & IV Packages expressed mailed

06/13/2013 – AOS & IV Packages delivered to NVC

07/03/2013 - AOS checklists received (AOS checklist response already delivered to NVC on 6/21/2013)

07/03/2013 - IV Checklist received (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
07/05/2013 - IV checklist sent

07/08/2013 - IV checklist delivered to NVC

07/12/2013 - AOS Accepted

07/30/2013 - IV accepted

07/30/2013 - Case Complete

08/12/2013 - Interview date received

Embassy: Accra, Ghana

08/17/2013 - Medical Exam (Holy Trinity)

09/16/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!! (350 Days fron NOA1)

09/20/2013 - Visa in Hand & Paid USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee

09/22/2013 - POE (Atlanta)

09/23/2013 - Applied for SSN

09/27/2013 - Received SSN in mail (5 days after applying)

10/17/2013 - Received GREEN CARD in the mail (25 days from POE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.