shekooo

any one got approval on k3 before cr1? going for it tomorrow , help

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello VJ READERS, i was confused and asked about k3 visa before , AND IAM STILL CONFUSED , as some people say it is obsolete, and takes same time as CR1 VISA ,,and cancelled at nvc,,, but what if i take longer time in approval of i-130 than usuall , - i have history with that - wont this k3 visa hep then ?

my wife medical condition is critical , can we expedite k3 medically easier than cr1 visa?

what are the fees for k3 visa ?

does application for k3 visa means that our marriage is just for papers coz we want to hurry it ? ??coz it is not , i love my wife ,and she is the one insists on try the k3 visa

any way , what do u think ? should i go or should i wait for cr1 ?

has any one got approval for k3 before cr1 and visa issued ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

hello VJ READERS, i was confused and asked about k3 visa before , AND IAM STILL CONFUSED , as some people say it is obsolete, and takes same time as CR1 VISA ,,and cancelled at nvc,,, but what if i take longer time in approval of i-130 than usuall , - i have history with that - wont this k3 visa hep then ?

my wife medical condition is critical , can we expedite k3 medically easier than cr1 visa?

does application for k3 visa means that our marriage is just for papers coz we want to hurry it ? ??coz it is not , i love my wife ,and she is the one insists on try the k3 visa

you already answered the question....k3 is obsolete. K3 can't be used any longer. good luck to you!

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

K 3 obsolete. Forget it. File for C R 1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Why do you insist in doing something you can't? K-3 is obsolete. You CAN'T apply for it. Forget it. CR-1.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can file a K3 but it will probably get closed at NVC . Both use the same criteria for an expediate. You CAN NOT expediate name checks and AP which is extremely common where you are.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Shekoo

The K3 will cost alot more and you cannot work for a long time in the usa

The last K3 in Egypt took 693 days back in October 2011

The K3 takes too long and costs too much and you cannot do anything is USA cause it is treated like a nonimmigrant visa.

The choice is yours

Here is the K3 timelines for Egypt

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op7=Egypt&dfile=No&op1=&op2=&op3=3&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs: CR1

Oh no, please! Let them apply for a K-3. Apparently it's *NOT* obsolete and it will result in an approval at the NVC stage. Of course, the info came from a misinformed embassy staff associate. Clearly they have the time and money to spend it freely....

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

i filed for i 130 then a month later filed for 129f (k3) i got approved for both today , but i will go on with the CR1 .

269 days or 9 months for her to to get approval of the petiton

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

coz guess what ??? i called the embassay and they said i CAN

Then you need no further advice from anyone here at this web portal.

Have a good one, and good luck with your journey !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...
Timeline

If I am not mistaking from all the reading and asking questions, i do believe K3 is no longer used forany cases. theya re all now CR1's. If u tried to file a K3, i believe they will jus deny it and tello u , that you should have filed a CR1 cos these are what are accepted now. As of last year they started this!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.