Schneider

After US Visa interview FB1

47 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I was interviewed at US embassy New Delhi on Sep 13 2012, I was told that visa is approved but next day they picked up my old case and they asked few more supporting documents. I submitted those documents on sep 20, 2012 at VFS Jalandhar, embassy received that on 24th sep 2012, since then I'm waiting for response. Is my case is under AP, if yes then why they did not send me any letter stating administrative processing, they kept my passport too. No investigation action has been taken yet, as I'm active around my place. Please lete know what can be the situation. How long this "killing wait" gonna kill me.

Thanks

Additional Information

Last time i was denied under section 221(g)INA. The embassy found that my marriage was only for immigration purpose. Its been 4 years to that denial now I am divorced. this time my mother(US CITIZEN)filed petition for me. After the interview they asked for my divorce decree.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I was interviewed at US embassy New Delhi on Sep 13 2012, I was told that visa is approved but next day they picked up my old case and they asked few more supporting documents. I submitted those documents on sep 20, 2012 at VFS Jalandhar, embassy received that on 24th sep 2012, since then I'm waiting for response. Is my case is under AP, if yes then why they did not send me any letter stating administrative processing, they kept my passport too. No investigation action has been taken yet, as I'm active around my place. Please lete know what can be the situation. How long this "killing wait" gonna kill me.

Thanks

Additional Information

Last time i was denied under section 221(g)INA. The embassy found that my marriage was only for immigration purpose. Its been 4 years to that denial now I am divorced. this time my mother(US CITIZEN)filed petition for me. After the interview they asked for my divorce decree.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It takes time when additional paperwork is requested. Some people receive their passport/visa in a week, some it's 5-6 weeks, some it's 3 months.

As to whether or not you are on AP - the easiest way to confirm that is to call DOS and inquire about your case.

I'm sure you've read here time and again that it can take forever to get a response from the embassy or VFS. You will easily get an answer by calling DOS [please note it is normal business hours for the US]. 603-334-0700 dialing 1 then 0.

Given your history with the denial and subsequent divorce, I would be curious to see if they are researching what happened that first go around...were there any comments/statements that they were investigating for fraud or misrepresentation with that file?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** two topics on the same issue merged and two more without answers removed. Do not post more than once on an issue; if you have extra information or a follow on question, post these as a reply in the original topic ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems odd when you have a lifetime ban.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Sounds like they're investigating the old case from 4 years ago. Getting married for immigration purposes is fraud, and carries a lifetime bar. I'm surprised they approved your visa in the first place.

What happened 4 years ago?

That is what makes this so curious...Delhi [at least] likes to use 221g as a catch-all for "questionable relationship". What ends up being the disposition if a CR1 is sent back to USCIS, there is a reaffirmation without a NOID/NOIR [which happens] but the beneficiary drops the ball thinking they were "found out" and divorces? All signs point toward the beneficiary figuring out that the bonafides were being questioned and it looked like fraud but maybe it didn't pan out that way....

On the flip side - one would hope - that if a NOIR/NOID had been generated and ignored it would seal the fraud deal. But, does anyone know if that is true?

Timeline

Thanks everyone

Last time I was denied under section 221(g), which is not a lifetime ban in INA. This is what they said last time "Based on the findings of US Embassy you are not eligible for immigrant visa under section 221(g) INA. We are sending your petition back to USCIS, Henceforth, no further action will be taken on your case"

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks everyone

Last time I was denied under section 221(g), which is not a lifetime ban in INA. This is what they said last time "Based on the findings of US Embassy you are not eligible for immigrant visa under section 221(g) INA. We are sending your petition back to USCIS, Henceforth, no further action will be taken on your case"

Well..why were u denied last time..and why did the consulate send ur petition back to USCIS??? And that also for an Immigrant Visa..???? Have u ever applied for an Immigrant Visa before other than ur mother's petition.?If yes then what happened at that time..???? Usually Immigrant visa are not denied.....except if they find some thing wrong or misrepresentation in ur case...Immigrant visas r refused temporarily due to lack of some docs or for Administrative processing....

All can suggest u only after u give complete information abt ur case.....

Edited by krishh_gem

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Well..why were u denied last time..and why did the consulate send ur petition back to USCIS??? And that also for an Immigrant Visa..???? Have u ever applied for an Immigrant Visa before other than ur mother's petition.?If yes then what happened at that time..???? Usually Immigrant visa are not denied.....except if they find some thing wrong or misrepresentation in ur case...Immigrant visas r refused temporarily due to lack of some docs or for Administrative processing....

All can suggest u only after u give complete information abt ur case.....

I got married to US citizen in December 2006, she filed a petition, then I was interviewed at US embassy New Delhi on December 4, 2007. After the interview case went under AP, which took 6 months to finish. I received final 221(g) letter on Juy 29, 2008. The embassy found that the marriage was only for immigration purpose. You can read their words in my previous post. I did not took any action after that, [time passed], my wife remained in USA, I moved to Australia. I took official divorce from her in September 2011. But a year later another petition filed by my mother came up. This time it was F1 category(Unmarried sons/daughters of US Citizens). So what happened I was interviewed for my new case on September 13, 2012.After the interview officer said my visa is approved, and I will get it by courier in 5-6 days, then a week later they asked for my previous marriage certificate and divorce decree, I have submitted the documents along with my passport on September 20, 2012. Since then I am waiting for any response. After waiting for 2 weeks I gave them a call and they said my case is under AP, but I have not received any official 221g Administrative Notice. Usually applicants are informed if the case undergoes mandatory AP and their passports are returned.

Edited by Mr. Deol

Timeline

If memory serves - K3 could expire, I think. So, if he was trying for a K3 in 2007, got denied at the embassy with the 221g due to a "hunch" about the relationship, the embassy sat on the case file until it hit the expiration date and sent it back to USCIS, that would be that.

It would be very similar to a K1 being sent back to expire - which happens with regular frequency from certain consulates.

That doesn't mean there is fraud per se. It means the CO wasn't convinced of the circumstances.

Now, if the fraud unit was involved or the statement received with the returned petition were a bit more damning [for lack of a better word] - I would think fraud was in the mix.

Again, this is just speculation as to why he wasn't hit right off the bat with - "ummm, dude, you're banned".

Timeline

If memory serves - K3 could expire, I think. So, if he was trying for a K3 in 2007, got denied at the embassy with the 221g due to a "hunch" about the relationship, the embassy sat on the case file until it hit the expiration date and sent it back to USCIS, that would be that.

It would be very similar to a K1 being sent back to expire - which happens with regular frequency from certain consulates.

That doesn't mean there is fraud per se. It means the CO wasn't convinced of the circumstances.

Now, if the fraud unit was involved or the statement received with the returned petition were a bit more damning [for lack of a better word] - I would think fraud was in the mix.

Again, this is just speculation as to why he wasn't hit right off the bat with - "ummm, dude, you're banned".

In 2007 I was denied for IR1(Spouse of US Citizen), according to my knowledge 221(g) is not a permanent ban, 212 is permanent ban.

I believe you that previous denial was lifetime ban, then why they did not deny me straight away when they opened my previous case? Why they demanded my marriage certificate and divorce decree? Why are they holding my current application, if they already have sufficient reason to refuse? Its been more than a month.

Is there any hope in this case, if no then can I get waiver for this lifetime ban

Timeline

If you filed for an IR1 then after the denial more happened - your USC wife should have received either a reaffirmation or a NOID/NOIR to provide additional support for your case. Did either of these things happen?

Timeline

If you filed for an IR1 then after the denial more happened - your USC wife should have received either a reaffirmation or a NOID/NOIR to provide additional support for your case. Did either of these things happen?

The Last and final piece of paper from them was a 221(g) denial,I received that on 28th may 2008 nearly 6 months after my interview.

here are their words

"Based on the findings of US Embassy you are not eligible for immigrant visa under section 221(g)INA. We are sending your petition back to USCIS, Henceforth, no further action will be taken on your case"

No further action was taken after, they also returned all my supporting documents and visa application forms with that final 221(g) letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.