Change of Address

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

My address for USCIS was my husbands' parents house at first when I got 2-yrs green card and SSN etc.

because we haven't found the apartment to live yet at that time.

His parents moved out about 3 months ago and I sent AR-11 to USCIS to notify of changing address.

But I didn't know my husband needed to send I-865 also! I totally didn't know...

I will file I-751 in a week and it's not still in process.

Is it going to be a big trouble if we send I-865 right before I file I-751.

And I heard there's a # to call if my new address is comfirmed by them.

My bad and stupidity... :(

Edited by Megumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You say parents moved out, did you move? What you wrote is not quite clear.

Also the rule is that an I-865 needs to be filed within 30 days of a move.

http://www.washingtonwatchdog.org/document...I/sec1183a.html shows rules with regard to filing I-865

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Timeline

I wasn't living there. I was still in my homecountry at that time preparing to depart, but I had to fill in the new address of United States. My husband was still looking for the new apartment for us, so we set his parents' address to recieve 2yrs greencard and SSN. After that, we changed to our address sending AR-11 but I forgot I-865 one. Oh well, no matter it would be a big trouble, I am going to send it now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I wasn't living there. I was still in my homecountry at that time preparing to depart, but I had to fill in the new address of United States. My husband was still looking for the new apartment for us, so we set his parents' address to recieve 2yrs greencard and SSN. After that, we changed to our address sending AR-11 but I forgot I-865 one. Oh well, no matter it would be a big trouble, I am going to send it now.
OK, Good luck with removal of conditions.

In the future if you change address don't forget to file both forms bets to do with in 10 days of a move. And look into naturalization, you can do that after 3 years marriage to US Citizen, then no longer need to file the change of address forms.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, Good luck with removal of conditions.

In the future if you change address don't forget to file both forms bets to do with in 10 days of a move. And look into naturalization, you can do that after 3 years marriage to US Citizen, then no longer need to file the change of address forms.

you can apply for naturalization 3 years after becoming a permanent resident (if you are married to a US citizen) not 3 years after getting married to a US citizen....

don't worry too much about that changing of address... I forgot to do it once till a few months after moving... I didn't get in trouble... but make sure to do it but don't fret if you do it after the 10 days... :thumbs:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.