moemac59

What do you miss most about Canada

188 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I miss perogies, poutine, M&M meat shop and of course my family. :P

Also I miss calgary transit - the public transport in my area is lacking and I'm nervous about riding my bike around as well. I had pretty good access to everything where I used to be. Still need to get a drivers licence, but can't until I get my employment authorization or green card.

I'm from Calgary too, I miss it so much. Public transportation is non existent here, which forced me to get my license. I miss the china town of calgary, THE DELICIOUS FOOOD. =C

Married - February 25, 2009

Filed I-130 - March 3, 2009

Interview& Approval - March 26, 2010

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed I-751 - February 13, 2012

Approved - November 21, 2012

as1cERN0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDA5Njk4c3xXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

the tea. its so much better than tea in USA I guess its bcoz they got the original british tea and we have tea here packaged in New Jersey no wonder it taste like #######

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas Oranges?

When I met hubby he had never even heard of Mandarin Oranges. Went down to KS last Christmas and he found a box of California Mandarin Oranges but they had thick skins like a navel and were just not the same.

Can you get real Mandarin Oranges down south?

Every year in my stocking my Mum would stick a Mandarin Orange in the toe of the stocking and we would munch on them while opening our gifts. I'd hate to lose that tradition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Christmas Oranges?

When I met hubby he had never even heard of Mandarin Oranges. Went down to KS last Christmas and he found a box of California Mandarin Oranges but they had thick skins like a navel and were just not the same.

Every year in my stocking my Mum would stick a Mandarin Orange in the toe of the stocking and we would munch on them while opening our gifts. I'd hate to lose that tradition.

That's an old school tradition that isn't specifically related to Canada.

My grandma used to do the same thing to us every year. And nuts. Lots of walnuts in there lol.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Christmas Oranges?

My mom used to do that too, but with clementines. We can find the small mandarins and clementines here in Arkansas, I'm sure he just happen to grab a different variety of mandarins.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

That's an old school tradition that isn't specifically related to Canada.

My grandma used to do the same thing to us every year. And nuts. Lots of walnuts in there lol.

I forgot about the nuts. Yes we'd get nuts in our stockings as well.

I would get mostly peanuts because I was the picky child. :whistle:

What a relief to hear you can get Mandarins. I was worried it was some sort of import prohibition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I forgot about the nuts. Yes we'd get nuts in our stockings as well.

I would get mostly peanuts because I was the picky child. :whistle:

What a relief to hear you can get Mandarins. I was worried it was some sort of import prohibition.

Lol nope, they are at any normal grocery story where I am from in the Chicago area.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i find in chicago the tangerines, mandarins and clementines all taste iccky. mebbie cuz the ones i always bought up north were from Morrocco..but they had an amazing taste. The only thing i've found similar are the Tangelo's i can get in some stores but even then they are hit and miss.

As for Tea, most of the ethnic stores i go to has real british tetley, and i do not mean the "british blend" one its the nomral tetley box but has a brit flag on the box.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.