CanTex

AILA - USCIS - Adam Walsh Topic

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Outreach/Notes%20from%20Previous%20Engagements/2012/October%202012/AILA-Liaison-Committee-meetingQA.pdf

On page 8 are the questions posed by AILA. And the non-answer by USCIS.

Will be interesting when USCIS gets some answers from the Board.

Has anyone out there had any movement on their cases?

Filed: Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Outreach/Notes%20from%20Previous%20Engagements/2012/October%202012/AILA-Liaison-Committee-meetingQA.pdf

On page 8 are the questions posed by AILA. And the non-answer by USCIS.

Will be interesting when USCIS gets some answers from the Board.

Has anyone out there had any movement on their cases?

So I guess my question is, with how the AWA law was written..does the Board have a say to what USCIS decides?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not think the board itself has a say in what happens as the vague answers they are given shows USCIS does not answer to them.

What does happen is those answers open the doors to the ACLU cases they USCIS is trying to avoid.

by not answering also opens a can of worms that ACLU would use against them.

but the ACLU is not stupid everyone sees the BS the USCIS is hiding and when it does open up there will be top officials pointing fingers up the ladder and down the ladder.

• 4 weeks later...

Just how long to wait for it??? A life time? We were married for over 6 years now, and this immigration causing us a lot of trouble and affecting our narriage, that is about to fall apart now. It is not about me, or my green card - screw it. My husband wants to initiate it - to make a long storry short, I think that the guilt he feels for a lot of our trouble is one of the reasons...

This summer someone told that he is a sex offender and child protection services were all over here... Funny, Police does not notify them - but if they learn it anyhow, they are there. We had to go thru the 4 months program with our kids to save his parental right. This was difficult for all of us. The social worker promissed to write a strong closure letter and send a copy to me, as she was saying repetedly that she doen't see any risk here, and I was hoping to use it for my immigration - I got it just now, and it is not what she promissed. How people can be so two faced? She is calling him "minimal risk", but still I need to check on kids "every 30 minutes", when she said there are going to be no conditions on us upon closing? Also she promissed to write a few words that she doesnt see a threat to me - there is not a word about it! But that is what bueracrats are - they want to cover themselves.

And myself - divorce is a solution sometimes, but we don't have a right even for that, or I would loose all immigration benefits, and going back home when I have two kids here - he would be fitting and can win them staying with him - that breaks my heart!

I do not think the board itself has a say in what happeme vague answers they are given shows USCIS does not answer to them.

What does happen is those answers open the doors to the ACLU cases they USCIS is trying to avoid.

by not answering also opens a can of worms that ACLU would use against them.

but the ACLU is not stupid everyone sees the BS the USCIS is hiding and when it does open up there will be top officials pointing fingers up the ladder and down the ladder.

minutes"

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kaz

I am sorry to here of the trouble with DCFS the 3rd most powerful government agency in the USA following DHS and then FEMA(which may fall under DHS now).

3 things going forward:

1. never Ever EVER meet with these agents alone, they do not have the right to come into your home unanounced or ask questions unanounced unless they see actual danger in the home. They need warrants served by police.; I recommend an attorney present at each visit. If an attorney is not present I recommend your minister or religeous leader be present at minimal have a 3rd party friend present taking notes. let me say that again taking NOTES

2. Never trust these people as their agenda will not be the same as yours. The may state they work in the interest of the family but the laws that mandate their actions are mostly barbaric.

3. Pay to have a risk assesment done by a qualified Psychologist. Their statements and conclusions out weigh what any this woman would have to say about this situation. costs are $700-$1000.

Some things to remember the 3rd party must be there to support your family and an attorney would do that and shut down any thing the woman does against your families rights.

If the third party no matter who it is begins to discuss with you there may be issues.....

If the risk assesment agrees with the agent.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.