m_hafiz

what to do????need help

12 posts in this topic

hi guys..

im in bad situation now...im in usa but not with my finace ,,,my visa only have 2 days and will be expired my fiance called me last few days and want to get marry..but i cant do it now cause im in other state so is there a way to make extention and if we didnt get marry while the period of the visa can we get marry later...

guy please answer me today we dont have time here

thank you

4/2004 We met online and a relationship soon developed

11/16/2004 My fiance visit me for 4 great weeks

02/23/2005 CIC started processing our K-1 Visa No news yet

05/28/2005 Contacted them by phone, they are inquiring now

06/16/2005 Now the Congressmen is on the case

06/29/2005 OH MY!!! TOUCHED.......... day 127????? 7/20/2005 NOA2 mail Approved

08/01/2005 My case into get a case number

08/08/2005 Petition on its way to CAIRO Embassy

08/15/2005 Received my packet 3 from the embassy

08/21/2005 Got my police record

08/24/2005 have my medical test in 8/27/2005

08/27/2005 medical exam .will get report next week

09/10/2005 Got my medical report in hand

09/25/2005 Sent the packet to the embassy

11/13/2005 Interview at US embassy Cairo (hard one)

11/25/2005 Embassy called me to make the finger print

11/29/2005 Sent missing papers

01/13/2006 AR done in Washington and sent to Cairo

01/30/2006 Embassy e-mail visa will issue in 10 days

03/28/2006 VISA in hand

02/08/2006 Arrive to JFK

01/11/2006 my visa expried without getting married...!!!

----------------------------------------------------

m_hafiz,

Extensions to K-1 are not allowed. If you get married, even outside of the 90 days, you can still adjust status.

hi guys..

im in bad situation now...im in usa but not with my finace ,,,my visa only have 2 days and will be expired my fiance called me last few days and want to get marry..but i cant do it now cause im in other state so is there a way to make extention and if we didnt get marry while the period of the visa can we get marry later...

thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi guys..

thank you

the 90 day expiration time on the visa is NOT extendable....

YMMV

You can't get an extention on your visa, the K-1 is only provided once, so you need to get married within that period.

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
m_hafiz,

Extensions to K-1 are not allowed. If you get married, even outside of the 90 days, you can still adjust status.

Correct, so don't leave the country, and get married ASAP before a judge, small overstays get forgiven when adjusting status.

Good luck!

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
m_hafiz,

Correct, so don't leave the country, and get married ASAP before a judge, small overstays get forgiven when adjusting status.

Good luck!

Just to add more information, if you marry after your K1 expires, your husband has to file a new form - 1-130 - petition for family member - along with the I-485 Adjustment of Status. You can no longer adjust status based on the K-1 which expired. You need to adjust under a different status - the I-130. Can he not travel to your state and marry in time?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

All,

Point of clarification: when the visa expires is not relevant. What's relevant is when the allowed 90-day stay in the USA expires, as is indicated on I-94.

(Note that m_hafiz's visa was issued back in March. Not in the rush that most of us are, and not in the same state as the USC fiance? Might be an interesting story, wonder what it is.)

Yodrak

m_hafiz,

Good luck!

Just to add more information, if you marry after your K1 expires, your husband has to file a new form - 1-130 - petition for family member - along with the I-485 Adjustment of Status. You can no longer adjust status based on the K-1 which expired. You need to adjust under a different status - the I-130. Can he not travel to your state and marry in time?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
m_hafiz,

I am like Yodrak, I wonder how many days have actually passed since entering the USA. I don't know about staying beyond the 90 days, getting married, and then adjusting status... I have never heard of that before, and would like to hear Yodraks view on that.

I would think that even if you could get AOS if you were married after the 90 day period, it would seem very risky to me. What if you overstay and then don't get married? How would a prior overstay effect a future visa application?

I'd be very careful. If you did not get married within the 90 days as you had agreed to do, I'd seriously consider leaving before the 90 days is up.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
All,

Point of clarification: when the visa expires is not relevant. What's relevant is when the allowed 90-day stay in the USA expires, as is indicated on I-94.

(Note that m_hafiz's visa was issued back in March. Not in the rush that most of us are, and not in the same state as the USC fiance? Might be an interesting story, wonder what it is.)

Yodrak

My first reaction as well.... and they are just figuring it out now that the 90 days is about to expire?

YMMV

Bill,

Why my view? Kathryn explained it quite nicely.

Yodrak

m_hafiz,

.... I don't know about staying beyond the 90 days, getting married, and then adjusting status... I have never heard of that before, and would like to hear Yodraks view on that.

Bill

hi guys..

thank you

You need to leave the US as your 90 day stay expires. Or manage to get married in these 2 days.

jonty,

Not true. Other posters have offered a workable course of action that does not involve leaving the USA.

Yodrak

hi guys..

thank you

You need to leave the US as your 90 day stay expires. Or manage to get married in these 2 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.