Booboo  Monkey

Need help urgently !!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Vjer's !!!

My fiance just phone me to say, that he's doctors nurse called him saying she could'nt find any vaccinations on he's record.He was about to cry after she said he will need to have them all over again and on top of that pay for all, which will come to a total of almost 300 pounds, he was really pissed off and worried about the outcome of getting all vaccinations at once, cause not only had to have them all again but also pay for them. As an american I don't understand why he have to pay for all, is not your medical system "free"??!!.

Does he have to get all vaccinations done ??? or is just the 4 immunizations mention on the thread ???

what he can do ??? does anybody knows a place that u can get them for free or at least not having to pay 300 pounds ??

please any help will be greatly appreciated !!! we are desperate!!

He could have received the vaccinations from his GP and that would have been through NHS for little to no cost. Knightsbridge is contracting with the U.S. Government, which is why there is a cost for the additional vaccinations.

Technically, he doesn't have to get the vaccinations as part of the K-1, but they will be needed for the adjustment of status process, which is why most recommend getting them in the home country since it's not as expensive as it will be in the U.S.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

There are actually only about 4 vaccinations and the TB test that are age appropriate. I am going to assume he is over the age of 18, that are needed. With that being said if you will be able to add him to your insurance once you are married you can wait to have the vaccinations done once he is in the US and they will be free or at least only an office visit co-pay. However, you will then need to find a civil surgeon in your area that will fill out section 1 and 5 on the I-693 just updating the vaccination section. You will not need another exam,as long as it is done within a year of original exam. What they charge for that does depend on the doctor. You can get a list of civil surgeons in your area at USCIS website. Give them a call and ask how much just to update the form. I know in my area it is $150, it's not a BIG savings, but it does give the option to stretch out money that needs to be spent right now. Best of luck to you both.

Here is the link.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Please note the vaccinations listed for the UK are:

TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis)

MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)

Varicella (can be waived)

Influenza (only required if during flu season)

There are actually only about 4 vaccinations and the TB test that are age appropriate. I am going to assume he is over the age of 18, that are needed. With that being said if you will be able to add him to your insurance once you are married you can wait to have the vaccinations done once he is in the US and they will be free or at least only an office visit co-pay. However, you will then need to find a civil surgeon in your area that will fill out section 1 and 5 on the I-693 just updating the vaccination section. You will not need another exam,as long as it is done within a year of original exam. What they charge for that does depend on the doctor. You can get a list of civil surgeons in your area at USCIS website. Give them a call and ask how much just to update the form. I know in my area it is $150, it's not a BIG savings, but it does give the option to stretch out money that needs to be spent right now. Best of luck to you both.

Here is the link.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)

Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Best answer coming up. hahahaha (I seriously do know a lot about this subject)

My fiance just phone me to say, that he's doctors nurse called him saying she could'nt find any vaccinations on he's record.He was about to cry after she said he will need to have them all over again and on top of that pay for all, which will come to a total of almost 300 pounds, he was really pissed off and worried about the outcome of getting all vaccinations at once, cause not only had to have them all again but also pay for them. As an american I don't understand why he have to pay for all, is not your medical system "free"??!!.

It's "free" for sick people. They do not have to do free shots because America says he needs shots to immigrate. Many NHS doctors will do them for free but I have also seen many report they charge. They can do that. Most adults need new shots so not finding record of his childhood shots isn't a big deal

Does he have to get all vaccinations done ??? or is just the 4 immunizations mention on the thread ???

He can get a K1 visa with zero shots. But once he gets to the US, they will cost a lot and a civil surgeon will have to copy them to a new form and sign off. People have SO MANY PROBLEMS with civil surgeons that you will cry if he doesn't take care of it now. The last person who asked me about this said the civil surgeon wanted $200 to fill out the paper PLUS the cost of the shots. I have a new private message in my box saying the civil surgeon filled out the sheet, but refused to sign. If you don't want to go through this trouble and expense, get it done now before his exam at Knightsbridge. It's going to cost you $1070 to apply for the greencard. You probably don't want to risk paying a doctor $200 more to fill out a form.

This is what he needs---THREE SHOTS. Read it carefully.

1. Td or Tdap (or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted for AOS)
  2. MMR (if born in 1957 or later) If he goes to the medical exam less than 4 weeks after the MMR shot, then he doesn't need another no matter what the nurse says. She is wrong. But if 4 weeks has passed since his MMR shot, he will need a second MMR shot. This is because it is not safe to have 2 MMR shots closer together than 4 weeks. So if enough time has not passed, they mark the sheet "insufficient time interval" and that's good enough to get a greencard without the next shot.
  3. Influenza(a flu shot) because flu season started on Oct 1. He can get it at Boots, Sainsbury's, Tesco or anywhere that is offering flu shots. Find the cheapest place. Take the proof to the medical exam to be recorded.

Varicella You can't get this shot in the UK. That's not an excuse for a K1 because he can get it in the US before he applies for a greencard.(And then he would have to pay a civil surgeon to fill out a new paper. Not good.) He MUST tell them at the London exam that he had chickenpox when he was a little boy to get the shot excused.

So... 3 shots and say he had chickenpox. If he leaves out any of that, then he will have to go to a civil surgeon in the US. If he does it correctly, the the vaccination sheet from the London exam will be used for his Adjustment of Status (greencard).

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I had my medical with no vaccination records, rather than mess about later I had the required 2 jabs there and then.

Cost £73 total for the Td and MMR, was out of season for flu so not needed.

Won't be anywhere near £300.

Edited by Stu4Lee

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

On the varicella vaccination, it is available in the UK, but costs a lot of money. When my fiancé went to his GP and showed him the info from the Embassy site, they said he could get it, but the cost would be passed on to him directly. Fortunately, he didn't need it anyway since he had not one, but two bouts of chicken pox as a kid.

Coming Soon...

On the varicella vaccination, it is available in the UK, but costs a lot of money. When my fiancé went to his GP and showed him the info from the Embassy site, they said he could get it, but the cost would be passed on to him directly. Fortunately, he didn't need it anyway since he had not one, but two bouts of chicken pox as a kid.

Yes, I've seen it can be found but not commonly available. Knightsbridge used to offer it, but then dropped it off their price list a couple of years ago. Here's something about who can get it. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/varicella-vaccine/Pages/FAQs.aspx#free

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

He could have received the vaccinations from his GP and that would have been through NHS for little to no cost. Knightsbridge is contracting with the U.S. Government, which is why there is a cost for the additional vaccinations.

Technically, he doesn't have to get the vaccinations as part of the K-1, but they will be needed for the adjustment of status process, which is why most recommend getting them in the home country since it's not as expensive as it will be in the U.S.

It was he's GP doctor who wants to charge him for all vaccinations.

Timeline

Best answer coming up. hahahaha (I seriously do know a lot about this subject)

It's "free" for sick people. They do not have to do free shots because America says he needs shots to immigrate. Many NHS doctors will do them for free but I have also seen many report they charge. They can do that. Most adults need new shots so not finding record of his childhood shots isn't a big deal

He can get a K1 visa with zero shots. But once he gets to the US, they will cost a lot and a civil surgeon will have to copy them to a new form and sign off. People have SO MANY PROBLEMS with civil surgeons that you will cry if he doesn't take care of it now. The last person who asked me about this said the civil surgeon wanted $200 to fill out the paper PLUS the cost of the shots. I have a new private message in my box saying the civil surgeon filled out the sheet, but refused to sign. If you don't want to go through this trouble and expense, get it done now before his exam at Knightsbridge. It's going to cost you $1070 to apply for the greencard. You probably don't want to risk paying a doctor $200 more to fill out a form.

This is what he needs---THREE SHOTS. Read it carefully.

1. Td or Tdap (or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted for AOS)
  2. MMR (if born in 1957 or later) If he goes to the medical exam less than 4 weeks after the MMR shot, then he doesn't need another no matter what the nurse says. She is wrong. But if 4 weeks has passed since his MMR shot, he will need a second MMR shot. This is because it is not safe to have 2 MMR shots closer together than 4 weeks. So if enough time has not passed, they mark the sheet "insufficient time interval" and that's good enough to get a greencard without the next shot.
  3. Influenza(a flu shot) because flu season started on Oct 1. He can get it at Boots, Sainsbury's, Tesco or anywhere that is offering flu shots. Find the cheapest place. Take the proof to the medical exam to be recorded.

Varicella You can't get this shot in the UK. That's not an excuse for a K1 because he can get it in the US before he applies for a greencard.(And then he would have to pay a civil surgeon to fill out a new paper. Not good.) He MUST tell them at the London exam that he had chickenpox when he was a little boy to get the shot excused.

So... 3 shots and say he had chickenpox. If he leaves out any of that, then he will have to go to a civil surgeon in the US. If he does it correctly, the the vaccination sheet from the London exam will be used for his Adjustment of Status (greencard).

My fiance had chicken pox twice, so he does not need the varicella vaccination, will tell him about the influenza one @ the places u say here, so the TDP and MMR will be the ones left. Thanks so much Nich-Nick.

It was he's GP doctor who wants to charge him for all vaccinations.

Really? That's odd.

Coming Soon...

My fiance had chicken pox twice, so he does not need the varicella vaccination, will tell him about the influenza one @ the places u say here, so the TDP and MMR will be the ones left. Thanks so much Nich-Nick.

He'll probably be more familiar with places over there that offer flu shots. Over here where I live, it's Walgreens, CVS, and some of the grocery stores that have pharmacies who have the flu shot signs plastered outside.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I know I had chickenpox as a child - I can still recall the smell of Chamomile lotion. But do I have to prove it as I never went to the doctor?

I know I had chickenpox as a child - I can still recall the smell of Chamomile lotion. But do I have to prove it as I never went to the doctor?

I encourage you to study the pinned thread for K1s at the top of this forum. From post #1:

Varicella – Not routinely given in the UK ; a history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.