We Are The Art

Manila Hotel Reviews

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll be staying in Manila for about 3 weeks while awaiting my Fiancee's medical exam and Embassy interview, I've already read the "Hotels In Manila" thread in this section but didn't really see many actual reviews of the hotels listed. I'd really appreciate hearing from VJ'ers who have actually recently stayed in hotels near the US Embassy area.

Thanks in advance for your time, interest and replies. I hope future visitors here can also benifit from this posting.

Please offer your input on the following aspects of your stay:

1. Name of the hotel and proximity to the USEM.

2. Price per night including all taxes and fee's. How long was your stay? Do they offer discounts for extended stays?

3. Cleanliness. Was the room and surroundings acceptably clean?

4. Room size. What type of room did you have? A suite, king room, queen room, etc. Was the room spacious or too cramped?

5. Did you have a kitchen? Was it well equipped with the essentials?

6. Was WIFI available free or did you have to pay extra? Was the connection dependable?

7. How was the security? Did you feel safe in and near the hotel? Were your belongings safe in the room? Any bad experiences in or near the hotel?

8. How was the bathroom? Shower or tub? Plenty of hot water?

9. How was the service? Friendly? Consistant maid service? Was room service available? How about other services, laundry etc..?

10. How was the bed? Clean and comfortable? What size was the bed?

11. Transportation. Did they offer airport service? Did they offer shuttle service to the US Embassy and surrounding area?

Please rate your overall stay from 1 - 10 with 10 being the best.

Thanks again and please feel free to offer any further comments or suggestions. :thumbs:

"We Are The Art"

The Bayview Park Hotel Is right across the street from the US embassy, about as close as you can get, was clean and friendly for me. The best thing is do a Hotel Review Search for what your looking for, everyone has different taste and budgets Asia Rooms has customer reviews on all the hotels in Manila, so you can get a good idea, take a look.

http://www.bayviewparkhotel.com/

http://www.asiarooms.com/

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

The Bayview Park Hotel Is right across the street from the US embassy, about as close as you can get, was clean and friendly for me. The best thing is do a Hotel Review Search for what your looking for, everyone has different taste and budgets Asia Rooms has customer reviews on all the hotels in Manila, so you can get a good idea, take a look.

http://www.bayviewparkhotel.com/

http://www.asiarooms.com/

Thanks my friend, I appreciate it.

"We Are The Art"

Timeline

Hi

I stayed at a few different hotels.... By far, the nicer ( and most convenient that I have used) is the Paragon Hotel. Its not expensive and nice, and is easy walking distance to most everything you will need including the Mall and Embassy.

I opted for the junior suite ( its huge) and when I extended and also came back there again, they gave me the same rates as I can find for them on Agoda dot com...

two thumbs up for them

Dont get confused or tricked into "bayview tower" which is not the same as bayview hotel.

Bayview tower claims to be a hotel but isn't and has no transfers, old rooms and is the worst place ever.

The lotus garden or cherry blossom is near Robinson Ermita, which isnt very far. Its cheaper and better

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

I stayed in Soriente Hotel for my medical exam,its few steps to St. Lukes. The cost is 1700 for all rooms,its spacious and clean.

And last Monday I stayed in Bloulevard mansion hotel just across the US Embassy,paid 1800 for standard room.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.