res4688

8 months at CSC with no NOA2

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Today marks eight long months of waiting for the fiance visa approval with no end in sight. I have submitted two service requests and a congressional inquiry which have not helped at all thus far. I keep getting told from USCIS that my backgrounds is pending. I have been through every emotion one can think of and now I have completely lost all hope that this will come to an end. Another user Nick&Elizabeth is also sharing this pain of waiting and I hope that it ends very soon. This waiting has probably broke the record but it is funny that a lot of people on here complain after only 4-5 months like they have been waiting forever. I enjoy waving to the people who are passing me up every day that have waited half the time but I hope the best for everyone during this journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is very odd with No RFE (s). The petition still sets in the States at the CSC. You say 2 Service Requests. That is good but it should have only required One. I'm going to assume you never talked personally with your Congressman. You have the right to insist on that. You have the right to say exactly what you feel but with caution to remain effective. The "Squeaky Wheel" gets the Grease. If you are told by a staff member for USCIS or your Congressman's Office that they are unavailable, Ask them to leave a message to call you. USCIS keeps a record of every call. Congressman's Offices don't. Again, with No RFE this is odd and delayed. NEVER FEAR CALLING. It's your Dime. They are a Public Agency and you pay their Salary. Call twice a day to each of them. You will see something happen fast. If they ask you not to call repeatably, say it's your job, my life and my phone.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

its really sad that you have been waiting so long. have you made a service request yet?

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Today marks eight long months of waiting for the fiance visa approval with no end in sight. I have submitted two service requests and a congressional inquiry which have not helped at all thus far. I keep getting told from USCIS that my backgrounds is pending. I have been through every emotion one can think of and now I have completely lost all hope that this will come to an end. Another user Nick&Elizabeth is also sharing this pain of waiting and I hope that it ends very soon. This waiting has probably broke the record but it is funny that a lot of people on here complain after only 4-5 months like they have been waiting forever. I enjoy waving to the people who are passing me up every day that have waited half the time but I hope the best for everyone during this journey.

I don't know if this will make you feel better, but you're not even close to the record. :no:

Keep your positive attitude and you'll make it through this. You could try contacting your Congressman or Senator again. It doesn't hurt to try. Hang in there and good luck. :thumbs:

Timeline

I don't know if this will make you feel better, but you're not even close to the record. :no:

Keep your positive attitude and you'll make it through this. You could try contacting your Congressman or Senator again. It doesn't hurt to try. Hang in there and good luck. :thumbs:

It does help me feel better thanx. :thumbs: I called my congressmans office once and the secretary told me not to call until the 45 business days has passed.

Timeline

its really sad that you have been waiting so long. have you made a service request yet?

I am waiting to get the response from my second service request on Friday. The response to the first one was awaiting backgrounds which is rediculous because they wont tell me what is pending with it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It does help me feel better thanx. :thumbs: I called my congressmans office once and the secretary told me not to call until the 45 business days has passed.

Thats not very nice of her. You've waited 8 months, why should you wait another 45 days, it doesn't take that long surely - I hope you told her as much, not that she would do anything! After reading about congressional inquiries on here, I don't believe they make a bit of difference. Making noise, politely, but firmly is the only solution I can think of, any way possible, including the congressional, Can you ask to make an appointment and go and meet with him?? Infopass appointment could be the next step after that perhaps? its working for someone else here (fingers crossed) but their situation is a little more unique.

Thats an awful situation to be in. Especially with CSC's performance.

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that you have been waiting this long without a response. The process is terrible already not to mention waiting this long. I second the idea of an Infopass. I don't know if they would be able to help, but there is something to be said for showing up in person. I know that background checks can take awhile, but it seems like Brasil is usually a little faster than some of the other countries. Sometimes the background check for the American citizen takes awhile too. It seems like this usually happens when either the petitioner or the beneficiary has a common name. Try an Infopass; it can't hurt. I really wish you the best and hope that you get good news very soon! Hang in there--one day it will be all over. All the best for you!

event.png

You mention they are doing background checks for you and that's why its taking a long time, so it means that your petition has been touch and they have reviewed it , maybe after background is clear than u will get ur approval.

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Timeline

The bad part is that when i log into my account online it has not been touched since February. The bad part about them telling me backgrounds is that it is just a random excuse because i have a security clearance that should not take this long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.