kmwatts

First Letter from NVC

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes I'd definately like to touch base with the embassy as we have still not received the hard-copy of the P3 either. It may have been sent to the wrong address so I'd like to make sure they have Nat's correct address on file as well. What is the best way to get in contact with the embassy?

From what I understand, they don't send the packet 3 via post any longer. You have to download it from their website.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just sent a quick email to the Embassy using the email listed for Visa inquiries on the website making sure to include our case number in the subject line as requested. Hopefully they will get back to us soon and if they say not to worry about the delay I'll feel a little more peace of mind. I'll update here when I hear back from them.

From what I understand, they don't send the packet 3 via post any longer. You have to download it from their website.

Timeline

Well the embassy got back to me almost immediately with the following.

" The Embassy will revalidate your fiancée visa petition to remain valid throughout the application process. When the Embassy panel physician provides the sealed medical exam report, please submit the required documents to the Embassy per the instructions in the Embassy mailing."

So now I feel much better and we just have to wait for January to finish up.

I just sent a quick email to the Embassy using the email listed for Visa inquiries on the website making sure to include our case number in the subject line as requested. Hopefully they will get back to us soon and if they say not to worry about the delay I'll feel a little more peace of mind. I'll update here when I hear back from them.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

A quick update for those who are interested. Nat had her followup Medical on Jan 10th and finally (after 4 separate trips to Bangkok) got full approval and all her medical forms signed and sealed for submission to the embassy. I'm headed for a planned visit in a couple days and we will submit everything then to the Embassy and hopefully will have her interview date in a few weeks. Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get an interview date once you send your package in? I've read the response is sent to the email address you submit on the forms, correct? I'm getting excited now... I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Were tentatively planning on me coming back in April for Songkran and then coming back to the U.S. together then as long as everything goes smoothly at the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.