madison925

Petitioner doesn't send money to beneficiary

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am the beneficiary and I am from the Philippines. We agreed I do not want him to send me money for the petition process like visa fees, airfare, medical exam fees and such since I have saved something when I came there for a j1 visa while I was working. So, I do not have copies of any remittances at all, will this be questioned? Is there any way that the consul will ask for remittance receipt? Please share your views. Thank you.

09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS

10/17/13- Sent AOS,EAD,AP

10/21/13- Noa1 (EAD and AP)

10/23/13- Noa1 (Green card)

11/19/13- Biometrics Appointment

12/1413- EAD and AP approved (card in production)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have the same question like yours,my fiance never send me money nor I ask financial help, we just agreed that he will be the one to buy a plane ticket. Now that we got our NOA2, I am worried the consul will ask for remittance receipts..Will this be a problem? thnk you

Timeline

Yikes. I guess we're both waiting for a reply here. Lol.

09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

That should not be an issue- if anything, it is a positive because it shows that you have your own funds and do not rely on him, so you are less likely to marry your fiance just for a greencard.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I am the beneficiary and I am from the Philippines. We agreed I do not want him to send me money for the petition process like visa fees, airfare, medical exam fees and such since I have saved something when I came there for a j1 visa while I was working. So, I do not have copies of any remittances at all, will this be questioned? Is there any way that the consul will ask for remittance receipt? Please share your views. Thank you.

I haven't received my NOA2 yet (should be here within a week of so), so I can't put my opinion as a fact, but I STRONGLY DO BELIEVE that this is not an issue at all.

I mean all these remittances are just another proof of your relationship, but if you have other evidence, I am so sure this is not required.

I hold a position of a health expert at the National Congress in my country, and also am a part time statistician for a US based research center, and my American fiance is only a graduate student, so obviously I make twice if not three times more than him - so it would be super illogical for him to provide me with any kind of financial support:-) So, we haven't even had that question when filing our petition - and I am more than sure that this is the last thing for you to worry about:-)

04/14/2012 - I129-F sent out

04/20/2012 - NOA1 receipt date

04/24/2012 - NOA1 (email/text) received

04/27/2012 - NOA1 hard copy

10/15/2012 - NOA2 receipt date

10/16/2012 - NOA2 (email/text) received

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Sounds great. Thank you for your input guys.

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.