riss

What if NOA2 comes just before end of year?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have a timing question now!

We received an RFE just when I hoped our NOA2 would be arriving in September. My fiancés birth certificate was inadequate - it needed to be a certified one, so he had to send out for that and it is taking its time! The authority that is issuing it told my fiance that it should be issued by mid-October. At this rate, once it is mailed to him, then goes back to USCIS and is processed, it could be mid-November or even into December by the time I have my NOA2, case number, and letter from the consulate in hand. I may then still need to wait for my police certificate and medical test results.

So my question is, what happens if by the time I send packet 3, it has just crossed over into 2013? Will all my fiancé's income/tax information (and that of our sponsor if we use one) based on the 2011 year be unacceptable and we will have to prepare a new lot, and order new tax transcripts, for 2012? :unsure:

Thanks for any advice!

Riss

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Oct 22, 2012 - RFE reply sent

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Nov 27, 2012 - Packet 3 received

Hi everyone, I have a timing question now!

We received an RFE just when I hoped our NOA2 would be arriving in September. My fiancés birth certificate was inadequate - it needed to be a certified one, so he had to send out for that and it is taking its time! The authority that is issuing it told my fiance that it should be issued by mid-October. At this rate, once it is mailed to him, then goes back to USCIS and is processed, it could be mid-November or even into December by the time I have my NOA2, case number, and letter from the consulate in hand. I may then still need to wait for my police certificate and medical test results.

So my question is, what happens if by the time I send packet 3, it has just crossed over into 2013? Will all my fiancé's income/tax information (and that of our sponsor if we use one) based on the 2011 year be unacceptable and we will have to prepare a new lot, and order new tax transcripts, for 2012? :unsure:

Thanks for any advice!

Riss

Tax returns are not due until April 15 of the following year, so unless you are interviewed after that, use the 2011 tax transcripts for your I-134.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Lainie is correct. Technically you don't need tax transcripts, you need a letter from his employer and bank letter (per the I-134 instructions). That's a more recent assessment of his income anyway.

Timeline

Oh, that's great, thanks you two, you're my life savers. :) It should be fine then - I don't think we'll get pushed back as far as April, still hoping to get my letter and be able to send packet 3 before the end of the year.

I've been looking at the wait times between people sending Packet 3 and getting their interview date. Sometimes it seems so quick, like within a week or ten days, and other times it's a couple of months till the interview. Is it just however the cookie crumbles?

Edited by riss

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Timeline

It seems that way :/ I was hoping to be over in the US by the end of October but someone else got their packet 4 thursday and interview the first week of November. I think mine will be about the same when I receive it next week... ugh!

02/11/12 - I-129F submitted

02/21/12 - NOA1 received

08/22/12 - Applied for NPC

08/29/12 - AFP processed NPC fee

09/11/12 - NOA2

09/11/12 - NPC complete & mailed to me

09/15/12 - NOA2 received by mail

09/19/12 - NVC received petition and allocated case number

09/24/12 - NVC shipped case to embassy

09/25/12 - medical

09/28/12 - Embassy received case

10/02/12 - Packet 3 received

10/03/12 - Packet 3 mailed

10/18/12 - Packet 4 received

11/06/12 - Interview at Sydney embassy - APPROVED!

Timeline

Oh, that's great, thanks you two, you're my life savers. :) It should be fine then - I don't think we'll get pushed back as far as April, still hoping to get my letter and be able to send packet 3 before the end of the year.

I've been looking at the wait times between people sending Packet 3 and getting their interview date. Sometimes it seems so quick, like within a week or ten days, and other times it's a couple of months till the interview. Is it just however the cookie crumbles?

Basically. First come first served. I doubt it'll be a couple of months. Hoping for the best for you!

Timeline

It seems that way :/ I was hoping to be over in the US by the end of October but someone else got their packet 4 thursday and interview the first week of November. I think mine will be about the same when I receive it next week... ugh!

I'm about to send mine and watching/stalking your profile for what date you get, don't care what Tuesday in November, as long its .. November. I'm hoping to head over early December. Good luck!

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

I'm about to send mine and watching/stalking your profile for what date you get, don't care what Tuesday in November, as long its .. November. I'm hoping to head over early December. Good luck!

Man, were we lucky.... my partner just photocopied his original birth certificate and sent that in with our Petition, we didn't get an RFE and got our NOA2 in 3 months. Starting to think a lot of how your case is processed depends on whose desk it lands on.

Best of luck for us all to be there by Christmas!!

Timeline

Man, were we lucky.... my partner just photocopied his original birth certificate and sent that in with our Petition, we didn't get an RFE and got our NOA2 in 3 months. Starting to think a lot of how your case is processed depends on whose desk it lands on.

Best of luck for us all to be there by Christmas!!

Nah photocopy is fine, the problem could be that there are a couple of different versions. Most have one with the footprint on it, but that isn't the official one, that's the hospital one so "certified" just means a copy of the one that one that was actually sent and stamped by the registrar.

"Certified" in Australia is different to the US. You can't find someone to do a "certified copy" for you at the police station etc like you can in Aus. A certified copy here is a copy of the original BUT it's issued by the issuing body. For example my birth certificate from home issued by BDM is a "certified copy" of the original because of course I don't have the original, BDM does. But if I wanted more "certified copies" I could have the one I have copied, and certified by a police officer in Aus as a "true and correct copy". But here if I wanted more certified copies of my marriage cert (for example) I need to contact the registrar in my county and pay for more copies from them. They look like each other. Not traditional "photocopies" because they're on special paper.

So for the OP it's likely they sent in a copy of his non-certified one (the one from the hospital or the short form instead of the long form) when they want a copy of the "certified" one which is stamped by the registrar.. hope that makes sense :S

Timeline

Nah photocopy is fine, the problem could be that there are a couple of different versions. Most have one with the footprint on it, but that isn't the official one, that's the hospital one so "certified" just means a copy of the one that one that was actually sent and stamped by the registrar.

"Certified" in Australia is different to the US. You can't find someone to do a "certified copy" for you at the police station etc like you can in Aus. A certified copy here is a copy of the original BUT it's issued by the issuing body. For example my birth certificate from home issued by BDM is a "certified copy" of the original because of course I don't have the original, BDM does. But if I wanted more "certified copies" I could have the one I have copied, and certified by a police officer in Aus as a "true and correct copy". But here if I wanted more certified copies of my marriage cert (for example) I need to contact the registrar in my county and pay for more copies from them. They look like each other. Not traditional "photocopies" because they're on special paper.

So for the OP it's likely they sent in a copy of his non-certified one (the one from the hospital or the short form instead of the long form) when they want a copy of the "certified" one which is stamped by the registrar.. hope that makes sense :S

Argh! Excuse me, I mean, yes. LOL :hehe: Thanks Vanessa, you're the best. :D

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.