John330

Cancel K1 VISA

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Is it possible to cancel my application for a K1? I filed the application about 3 weeks ago. I received an NOA1. Can I write a simple letter, requesting that it be cancelled?

If I re-apply for a K1 at a later date, will it be considered by 2nd K1 application?

John

why do you want to cancel it?

Is it possible to cancel my application for a K1? I filed the application about 3 weeks ago. I received an NOA1. Can I write a simple letter, requesting that it be cancelled?

If I re-apply for a K1 at a later date, will it be considered by 2nd K1 application?

John

I would think you can probably cancel it by calling the Customer Service Center and talk to somebody, I know they have options for changing your address and all. I wouldn't trust a simple letter, cause they may not see it until its too late. But do it before you get the NOA2, or the next one will be considered your 2nd K1 petition.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

John330,

You have an NOA-1, thus you have "applied" once for a K-1. If you cancel and apply for another beneficiary, it will be number 2.

As far as cancelling this petition, send a copy of the NOA-1 with a letter outlining your intent to cancel. Send it certified mail.

Be sure to put the A# on the outside of the envelope.

John

Edited by William33

John330,

You have an NOA-1, thus you have "applied" once for a K-1. If you cancel and apply for another beneficiary, it will be number 2.

As far as cancelling this petition, send a copy of the NOA-1 with a letter outlining your intent to cancel. Send it certified mail.

John

The first K-1 was not approved, so how can the next one be the 2nd K-1. The IMBRA rules talk about approved K-1s

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

LookyWhatIFound,

We are not talking approved K-1's here, we are talking about applications. Key word: Filed

Fom the I-129F form: "11. Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé(e) or husband/wife before?"

Do you think USCIS will just expunge this application data from their records, simply because he cancelled the petition? No, they won't. It will remain as a permanent record.

The first K-1 was not approved, so how can the next one be the 2nd K-1. The IMBRA rules talk about approved K-1s

John330,

John

Yes for that question, you're right. But I guess I was more concerned about the 2 approved ones you're allowed before you have to file that IMBRA Waiver request.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Is it possible to cancel my application for a K1?

Reasonable question - not covered in the guides and chances are darn good that someone here can help

Totally unreasonable question - why oh why must people do this? I seriously doubt it's because you think the reason for canceling actually impacts the answer.

Maybe I'm losing my patience for VJ or maybe I just really need that extra hour of sleep, but I more than a little irritated by people who probe into a poster's reasons for posting a question such as this one simply for their own enjoyment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Is it possible to cancel my application for a K1?

Reasonable question - not covered in the guides and chances are darn good that someone here can help

Totally unreasonable question - why oh why must people do this? I seriously doubt it's because you think the reason for canceling actually impacts the answer.

Maybe I'm losing my patience for VJ or maybe I just really need that extra hour of sleep, but I more than a little irritated by people who probe into a poster's reasons for posting a question such as this one simply for their own enjoyment.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the IMBRA rules dont apply if you are re-apply later for the same person which would perhaps get him different answers if that were the case. If he was going to get married overseas and apply for a spouse visa instead the poster might get more / different answers also.

I've also read some horror stories about some of these 'marriage brokers' that basically run 'meat markets', and I suppose its possible that the poster would get entierely different answers if the reason was 'finding a better peice of meat'... (I've never seen anyone admit to that here, but then I don't read all the posts, and I'm sure that such posters would be reluctant to post thier reasons under such circumstances) - but under such circumstances the aswers would be quite different - no doubt - hehe.

Bill

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: Timeline

John,

Point of clarification: you have not applied for a K1 visa, you have petitioned the government to acknowledge your fiance-fiancee relationship so that your fiancee can apply for a K1 visa.

As others have told you in their posts, write to the Service Center that is processing your petition telling the Service Center that you wish to withdraw the petition.

Yodrak

John

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.