davendale

Short-term rentals near USEM

13 posts in this topic

We are a little over three months into the wait for our K1 NOA2 (CSC). My fiance currently lives in the Fairview section of Quezon City which is a long drive from the Embassy area. As we get closer to the approval, I would like to find a condo/apartment that she could rent in order to be closer to all of her upcoming appointments and interview. We are having some difficulty finding anything reasonably priced that has less than a 6 month contract period. Does anyone have any recommendation or know of any rentals in the USEM area that have a 3 month or less lease? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you forward.

IR5 TIMELINE (Petition for my mom)

8/4/2017: Priority date; Potomac Service Center

2/7/2018: Date of NOA2 (approved)

NVC PROCESSING

2/20/2018: documents received by NVC

3/29/2018: case number was assigned

4/2/2018: welcome letter received thru email

4/3/2018: DS261 form (choice of agent & address) was submitted

4/4/2018: phoned NVC to verify choice of agent and address, paid AOS fee

4/6/2018: IV fee option became clickable and was able to submit payment

4/12/2018: DS260 form became available online

5/4/2018: sent the AOS & IV packages ( packages put in a 2 separate small envelopes and together placed it in one big envelope)

5/17/2018: Case complete

5/24/2018: received an email from NVC stating that the applicant is in the queue awaiting an interview appointment

5/29-30/2018: Passed the advanced medical at SLEC

5/31/2018: received P4 interview letter

6/21/2018: received an email from manila embassy that they received and reviewed my mom’s file, also indicated the documents required to bring to her interview

7/10/2018: Date of Interview; passed the interview but received 221g, need to submit additional NBI clearance with aka per marriage certificate.

applied for NBI clearance at NBI  main ( taft ave.)

registered for visa delivery address by calling (+703)5202235 EST, i chose MOA 2go for pick up 

7/13/2018: release of NBI clearance and sent to 2go robinsons manila

7/16-17/2018: AP status ( checked thru CEAC)

7/18/2018: at NVC

7/19/2018: AP

7/20/2018: Issued

7/24/2018: visa delivered to MOA 2go (didn’t wait for their text, i called them at +6329011401 instead)

7/25/2018: Visa on hand

7/27/2018: CFO seminar

7/30/2018: pay green card fee

8/7/2018: POE at DFW

8/24/2018: “card is being produced” status

9/1/2018: “card was mailed to me”  status

9/5/2018: GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is your budget for the rental?

03/21/2011: Met Online

07/03/2011: Met in Manila for the first time

01/29/2012: Met in Manila for the second time

03/09/2012: Mailed I-129F

03/12/2012: I-129F Delivered

03/15/2012: NOA1

09/28/2012: NOA2

10/15/2012-10/16/2012: Medical at St. Luke's-PASSED!

10/25/2012: Interview-APPROVED!

10/31/2012: Visa received

11/20/2012: POE: JFK

We are a little over three months into the wait for our K1 NOA2 (CSC). My fiance currently lives in the Fairview section of Quezon City which is a long drive from the Embassy area. As we get closer to the approval, I would like to find a condo/apartment that she could rent in order to be closer to all of her upcoming appointments and interview. We are having some difficulty finding anything reasonably priced that has less than a 6 month contract period. Does anyone have any recommendation or know of any rentals in the USEM area that have a 3 month or less lease? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you forward.

What?? Fairview is NOT a long commute to the US Embassy, Philippine DFA, nor the St. Luke's medical clinic; unless your fiance is handicapped. It's a direct public bus commute from Fairview to the US Embassy lasting about an hour and a half depending on the hour of the day.

At any rate, most interviewees are using the hotels fronting the US Embassy instead of renting a condo or apartelle. The cost is a little over P1K per day. I am from Antipolo City which is about equidistant from the US Embassy as Fairview is. We would be commuting to the medical clinic and other places, but on the day of the interview at the US Embassy, we plan on renting a room across the US Embassy the day before the interview. The name of the hotel we'd be staying in is "Bayview Hotel"..

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No need to rent a condo/apartment.

Applying or renewing passport at DFA will take only a few hours. She can also do this at DFA in SM Megamall instead of going all the way to DFA Macapagal. There's also an option for the passport to be delivered to her home so she won't have to go back to DFA.

Medical at SLEC is only 2 days so she can stay at a hotel for 3 days max. This should be done 1-2 weeks AHEAD of your embassy interview.

Interview is only a few hours so she can do an overnight check-in at a hotel near the embassy.

PDOS at CFO can also be done within the day, no need for hotel.

Edited by apple21

What?? Fairview is NOT a long commute to the US Embassy, Philippine DFA, nor the St. Luke's medical clinic; unless your fiance is handicapped. It's a direct public bus commute from Fairview to the US Embassy lasting about an hour and a half depending on the hour of the day.

At any rate, most interviewees are using the hotels fronting the US Embassy instead of renting a condo or apartelle. The cost is a little over P1K per day. I am from Antipolo City which is about equidistant from the US Embassy as Fairview is. We would be commuting to the medical clinic and other places, but on the day of the interview at the US Embassy, we plan on renting a room across the US Embassy the day before the interview. The name of the hotel we'd be staying in is "Bayview Hotel"..

Thanks for the info. I have made the commute several times and you are correct it is about 1.5 hours. 3 hours for a round-trip in addition to the appointments and errands is a long day. I was just trying to find a place for her closer to USEM. Why be 1.5 hours away (which is a long one-way commute in my book!)when she could be much closer for the final stages of our visa journey.

NVC PROCESSING

5/4/2018: sent the AOS & IV packages ( packages put in a 2 separate small envelopes and together placed it in one big envelope)

5/24/2018: received an email from NVC stating that the applicant is in the queue awaiting an interview appointment

6/21/2018: received an email from manila embassy that they received and reviewed my mom’s file, also indicated the documents required to bring to her interview

7/10/2018: Date of Interview; passed the interview but received 221g, need to submit additional NBI clearance with aka per marriage certificate.

registered for visa delivery address by calling (+703)5202235 EST, i chose MOA 2go for pick up 

7/24/2018: visa delivered to MOA 2go (didn’t wait for their text, i called them at +6329011401 instead)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Applying or renewing passport at DFA will take only a few hours. She can also do this at DFA in SM Megamall instead of going all the way to DFA Macapagal. There's also an option for the passport to be delivered to her home so she won't have to go back to DFA.

Medical at SLEC is only 2 days so she can stay at a hotel for 3 days max. This should be done 1-2 weeks AHEAD of your embassy interview.

Interview is only a few hours so she can do an overnight check-in at a hotel near the embassy.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you! Sounds like most of the stuff can get done going the hotel route. The amount of things to get done sounds a bit overwhelming so I thought maybe it would make some sense but I will have to re-think it.

NVC PROCESSING

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you! Sounds like most of the stuff can get done going the hotel route. The amount of things to get done sounds a bit overwhelming so I thought maybe it would make some sense but I will have to re-think it.

Save your money. You'll need it more once she gets there in the US. :thumbs:

Edited by apple21

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

why is that she need to do the rental thingy, fairview aint too far to Malate or manila wherei the embassy stands, Medical usually takes two days and interview only takes few hours, so I guess she might just rent or go to some hotels near the embassy :)

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree.. Save your money.. I was living in camarin caloocan which is farther than Fairview.. I went to dfa for 3 times til I got my passport cuz on first attempt they refused me to walked in (didn't make an appointment) 2nd they asked for old documents and school records ( I was incomplete) I been waking up at 3am just to travel from home to dfa.. I just wanna be frugal because k1 process is very costly. My husband is working 7x a week just to make sure we have money for everything. When I attended my cfo seminar I had to travel 4 hours on the way to manila from camarin because of terrible weather.. the only time I rent the hotel is when I had medical (took me 2 days) and my interview (to make sure I'm on time).. I suggest to use your money wisely and be patient w commuting.. I know traffic in the Philippines is disgusting.. You guys can make it..

Good luck!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let her stay in a hotel across from the USEM the day before her interview appointment. No biggie! It's just one night stay. If money is not an issue & this will ease both of your minds about the 1.5 hrs commute. good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.