MylaMatthew

Fiance living with his parents

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone.

i just have one concern and want all ur ideas about it VJ members!!!

My fiance was living with his parents and don't have his own house for the moment,

Is that a possible issue if they will ask me on my interview, if he dnt have his own house?

***Is it possible that they will ask it on my interview?

Thank you so much,

i appreciate some ideas on it.

i'm worrying if they will ask it and if they will deny me for that case,thank you again

MYLA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am only guessing. But I think it won't matter. First of all I think they won't ask that. If they do and you tell them he lives with his family I don't think that's grounds to deny the Visa as long as he has sufficient income. But again I'm only guessing.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone.

i just have one concern and want all ur ideas about it VJ members!!!

My fiance was living with his parents and don't have his own house for the moment,

Is that a possible issue if they will ask me on my interview, if he dnt have his own house?

***Is it possible that they will ask it on my interview?

Thank you so much,

i appreciate some ideas on it.

i'm worrying if they will ask it and if they will deny me for that case,thank you again

MYLA

NO, it won't matter. Just tell the truth, if asked. Good luck!

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Timeline

I am only guessing. But I think it won't matter. First of all I think they won't ask that. If they do and you tell them he lives with his family I don't think that's grounds to deny the Visa as long as he has sufficient income. But again I'm only guessing.

Thank you for your idea..i really appreciate it,,im just worrying on my interview,

Thank you again :)

Timeline

NO, it won't matter. Just tell the truth, if asked. Good luck!

Thank you so much,

yeah telling the truth makes everything goes good,

im just scared about it,

he dont have his own house though.so im really worrying on it,

he got enough income though,just the house is our problem for the moment.

Thank you again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

In response to your qn, it's not a problem that he lives with his family. He can continue to live there for life and it won't affect anything. It's not a "problem" at all.

It reads like you have a problem with it though and should talk to him about it BEFORE you get to the US. He simply might not have the money, and might never have the money, and you need to decide if this is something you can live with, living with his parents that is. Why have you waited until now to voice this concern? I have to say it makes me question your intentions for you to be only asking this now.

Timeline

In response to your qn, it's not a problem that he lives with his family. He can continue to live there for life and it won't affect anything. It's not a "problem" at all.

It reads like you have a problem with it though and should talk to him about it BEFORE you get to the US. He simply might not have the money, and might never have the money, and you need to decide if this is something you can live with, living with his parents that is. Why have you waited until now to voice this concern? I have to say it makes me question your intentions for you to be only asking this now.

Hi Mr Tony,

Thank you for you comment sir.

We have been talking this with my fiance since the start. He has been applying for it 2 yrs ago before we have met. then owning a house is hard to get in williston. i just post our situation just right now coz i want some suggestions or ideas about it,

Well sorry,,my Fiance is not that as rich as everyone here and too young yet to afford house in my case,

and thank you very much for your comment,i really appreciate it,

Timeline

Hi Mr Tony,

Thank you for you comment sir.

We have been talking this with my fiance since the start. He has been applying for it 2 yrs ago before we have met. then owning a house is hard to get in williston. i just post our situation just right now coz i want some suggestions or ideas about it,

Well sorry,,my Fiance is not that as rich as everyone here and too young yet to afford house in my case,

and thank you very much for your comment,i really appreciate it,

As long as YOU are okay with him not being able to afford it that's all that matters. I know plenty of people that still live with their family, or rent. My sister earns a lot of money as does her husband, they have a new baby, but they still rent. My husband and I own because it was cheaper than renting (and he's former military which helped). I lived with my mum and dad in the last year before i came over here. I was 25. Honestly, being a good person is more important than the money you have or don't have. You will both get there when the time is right. This way, once you're here you can get a job (when able) and start saving for a house together and pick something together. Something to build together. It'll be good :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Well, if your fiance had been 40 years, had been living with his parents for the past 10 years and without a job, it does change the situation. However, living at home isn't all that uncommon in the US. It is possible that questions are asked at the interview but it's not an issue unless you think it is.

However if you're uncomfortable with the situation, speak up now and maybe help you fiance out financially so you can contribute with income after you move to the US and get a work permit.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

As long as YOU are okay with him not being able to afford it that's all that matters. I know plenty of people that still live with their family, or rent. My sister earns a lot of money as does her husband, they have a new baby, but they still rent. My husband and I own because it was cheaper than renting (and he's former military which helped). I lived with my mum and dad in the last year before i came over here. I was 25. Honestly, being a good person is more important than the money you have or don't have. You will both get there when the time is right. This way, once you're here you can get a job (when able) and start saving for a house together and pick something together. Something to build together. It'll be good :)

Yeah WE are both OK with each other and even his family. Everything is Ok, me and my Fiance just worrying on it,and he got his own work so i think that's would be helpful,and hoping that everything will be going good on my coming interview!

Thank you again Madam Vanessa!(not sir tony) lol

God bless us always!

Timeline

Yeah WE are both OK with each other and even his family. Everything is Ok, me and my Fiance just worrying on it,and he got his own work so i think that's would be helpful,and hoping that everything will be going good on my coming interview!

Thank you again Madam Vanessa!(not sir tony) lol

God bless us always!

My husband was living in Texas when I arrived. We were in a 2 b/r apartment with 6 people living there at one stage (one actual housemate and roommates girlfriend/s, and after Katrina he took in people who slept on couches and the floor). You'd think that would look bad!

When we filed AOS (that stage happens after you get married), we had moved up to Iowa (where we are now) and in with his parents and 16 y/o sister while waiting to buy a house. His family is... nuts... so we ended up moving in with another family member and sleeping on the floor and then in with a friend and sleeping on couches (buying the house took a LOT longer than it should have and than we were expecting or we would have rented a place).

At no stage of our process has where we've been living been an issue (except of course making sure we didn't move during the process which can be bad for lost mail).

Timeline

Well, if your fiance had been 40 years, had been living with his parents for the past 10 years and without a job, it does change the situation. However, living at home isn't all that uncommon in the US. It is possible that questions are asked at the interview but it's not an issue unless you think it is.

However if you're uncomfortable with the situation, speak up now and maybe help you fiance out financially so you can contribute with income after you move to the US and get a work permit.

hi Moomin!

thank you

My fiance is not 40 of age yet,lol he's 20 plus,,lol not telling the exact age though,

and he has his own work,full time, he just live with his parents at the moment because owning a house in williston is hard and he dont have yet enough of money to afford it,

and we already talked about this since the start and his parents were OK if we stay first on their house then soon if possible i get there and have my own work to help him save we can already get our own.hopefully,

Thank you so much for the comment.helps me a lot, i just want to hear some ideas if they r going to ask it on my interview.

Timeline

My husband was living in Texas when I arrived. We were in a 2 b/r apartment with 6 people living there at one stage (one actual housemate and roommates girlfriend/s, and after Katrina he took in people who slept on couches and the floor). You'd think that would look bad!

When we filed AOS (that stage happens after you get married), we had moved up to Iowa (where we are now) and in with his parents and 16 y/o sister while waiting to buy a house. His family is... nuts... so we ended up moving in with another family member and sleeping on the floor and then in with a friend and sleeping on couches (buying the house took a LOT longer than it should have and than we were expecting or we would have rented a place).

At no stage of our process has where we've been living been an issue (except of course making sure we didn't move during the process which can be bad for lost mail).

OIC,thank you sis,i mean madam :)

i really appreciate your help and your kindness,

Hope everything will be going good on my interview,

U help me a LOT! thank you

God bless you and ur Husband anthony! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi Moomin!

thank you

My fiance is not 40 of age yet,lol he's 20 plus,,lol not telling the exact age though,

and he has his own work,full time, he just live with his parents at the moment because owning a house in williston is hard and he dont have yet enough of money to afford it,

and we already talked about this since the start and his parents were OK if we stay first on their house then soon if possible i get there and have my own work to help him save we can already get our own.hopefully,

Thank you so much for the comment.helps me a lot, i just want to hear some ideas if they r going to ask it on my interview.

For those unaware, Williston (North Dakota) is experiencing a huge oil boom which has lead to a severe housing shortage throughout the entire area. Some people have been forced to find housing as far away as Montana and drive long distances to work in or near Williston. Motel rooms are non-existant and even finding a small space to park an RV could cost upwards of $1,000.00 per month or more IF you could even find one. Employees at McDonalds are being paid $25.00 per hour as there is a severe shortage of available workforce, I'm sure Myla's fiance is making plenty of money to support them and will soon be able to afford a nice home somewhere as long as he continues to work.

Uuhhh Myla, be prepared...winter in North Dakota is brutal. You will no-doubt soon see the SNOW you have always longed to see. :unsure:

"We Are The Art"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.