laurabeth

October 2012 K1 filers

877 posts in this topic

Just to let you all of you know. I checked the case status online at it stated my I-129F petition was approved.

Congrats to you :) same date (Noa1) as mine, hopefully mine is around the corner!

Just to let you all of you know. I checked the case status online at it stated my I-129F petition was approved.

Congrats to you :) same date (Noa1) as mine, hopefully mine is around the corner!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Last night I emailed the USCIS ombudsman about my concerns regarding the processing times at CSC and my pending case.

This morning, I received the same response that someone else posted on visajourney yesterday: The processing time at CSC has slipped due to other processing priorities, but they are currently moving resources to the I-129f cases. As they do so, they anticipate the processing time to decrease. (My letter said not to copy and paste it, otherwise I would have posted it here)

Here is the ombudsman email: OLUInquiries@dhs.gov

I suggest everyone write to them. No matter if you just received your NOA1 last week, or if you have been waiting months. It takes 5 minutes to write a couple of sentences about your concern regarding the processing times for K-1 fiance visas at CSC.

It seems they are finally doing something about it, and if we keep the pressure on, maybe they will realize just how bad it has gotten.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

SO exciting! That's only three days ahead of mine! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Last night I emailed the USCIS ombudsman about my concerns regarding the processing times at CSC and my pending case.

This morning, I received the same response that someone else posted on visajourney yesterday: The processing time at CSC has slipped due to other processing priorities, but they are currently moving resources to the I-129f cases. As they do so, they anticipate the processing time to decrease. (My letter said not to copy and paste it, otherwise I would have posted it here)

Here is the ombudsman email: OLUInquiries@dhs.gov

I suggest everyone write to them. No matter if you just received your NOA1 last week, or if you have been waiting months. It takes 5 minutes to write a couple of sentences about your concern regarding the processing times for K-1 fiance visas at CSC.

It seems they are finally doing something about it, and if we keep the pressure on, maybe they will realize just how bad it has gotten.

I just sent the Ombudsman en email. I have also enlisted the help of one of Ohio's senators, and my congressional rep. Tomorrow, my day off, I will recontact the other senator. I sent him a contact request a few weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. I'm 2 days past the 6 month mark now. I know that I havn't been waiting as long as alot of you, but any further wait is too long a wait. Prassure valve is on!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is so awesome! Congratulations =)

My NOA1 is from October 18th, one day after yours. I have my fingers crossed!

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I called VSC today and spoke with a tier two officer and was told that yes they have updated their processing times to 5 months but that is just a number they strive for , it actality its 6 to 7 months???

I was also told that I should have an decision within 60 days if not less....

I cant understand any of this -

Friday is our 6 month date :(

I was hoping and praying his interview would be sometime in July if we were approved this month - now who knows??

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called VSC today and spoke with a tier two officer and was told that yes they have updated their processing times to 5 months but that is just a number they strive for , it actality its 6 to 7 months???

I was hoping and praying his interview would be sometime in July if we were approved this month - now who knows??

You shouldn't worry. You're at VSC, so you should be hearing something soon. Keep updating us. Good luck!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yes, it does seem they're slightly exaggerating by putting the processing time down to 5 months. The truth is that some October filers will hear this month and others won't.. But it's still a pretty good timeline in the grand scheme of things. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I hope dreams come true for all here. I'm going to post here in the hope I can soon join your side. My fiance will have my paperwork soon and filing before the middle of the month. I'm hoping we get to VSC and not CSC. VSC seems to be making few people happy with shorter wait times.

Best wishes to everyone

Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

when we called the other day the tier 2 officer said they were working on Oct2-6 petitions...doubt it though. we are October 5 and we haven't heard anything yet. really seems like they are working on getting all from August and September done.

Dec 6, 2011: We met online

Jan 4, 2012: We became a couple

March 30, 2012: Met in person

October 5, 2012: We got engaged & NOA1 date

April 10, 2013: NOA 2

April 24, 2013: Email with FRN case number received, petition is on its way to Frankfurt

April 30, 2013: Medical in Frankfurt completed

May 3, 2013: Packet 3 received

May 23, 2013: Packet 3 sent back

June 4, 2013: Packet 4 received

June 11, 2013: Interview ->approved

June 17, 2013: Visa in hand!

July 3, 2013: POE

July 17, 2013: WEDDING <3MARRIED TO MY HERO, MY SOLDIER, MY EVERYTHING :)

Nov 12, 2013: Filed AOS (+EAD&AP)

Nov 18, 2013: NOA1

Dec 20, 2013: Biometrics appointment

Jan 17, 2014: EAD card production

Jan 23, 2014: EAD combo card received

March 15, 2014: Received Potential interview waiver case letter

June 26, 2014: AOS approved, no interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.