Saj & Anam

Job Changed & Case completed at NVC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi VJ'ers,

I currently changed my job this week and my wife case completed yesterday (10/1/12) at NVC.

Do, I need to send a new AOS (Affidavit of Support) form and a new job letter to NVC even case is completed OR have my wife take it with her at the time of her interview at the Embassy?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi VJ'ers,

I currently changed my job this week and my wife case completed yesterday (10/1/12) at NVC.

Do, I need to send a new AOS (Affidavit of Support) form and a new job letter to NVC even case is completed OR have my wife take it with her at the time of her interview at the Embassy?

I am in the same situation as well my fiancee just started working fulltime and her old affidavit of support is not valid as it doesnt show her current income. So i asked her to send me a new 1 along with her recent payslips and a letter from her employer which i will take to the interview directly. In your case i would send it to the nvc and take it to the embassy as well. just to be on safe side.

Timeline

I am in the same situation as well my fiancee just started working fulltime and her old affidavit of support is not valid as it doesnt show her current income. So i asked her to send me a new 1 along with her recent payslips and a letter from her employer which i will take to the interview directly. In your case i would send it to the nvc and take it to the embassy as well. just to be on safe side.

Agree with you however Suggest not sending additional documentation unless requested. At this point if you send anything to the NVC center they will have to forward it to the embassy and it will more then likely not make it with your packet... just hold on to it take it with you.. if they ask for the forms then provide it.

Keep in mind the forms are filled out long time ago, and if everyone started updating the forms it would really make a lot of work for the embassy!

ONLY submit additional documentation if it will help your case! DO NOT submit additional unnecessary or nonrequested items!

Timeline

I called NVC today and spoke with the representative. He stated that as long I have a job and making above the poverty line during the waiting process and at the time of the interview I will be ok and I don't have to submit new AOS OR Paycheck OR Letter of Employment to NVC :unsure: .

I asked him even if my Wife has to take a new AOS and Letter from my new Employer at the time of her Interview at US Embassy in Islamabad and he stated that I am making way above poverty line and my last 3 yrs TAX return are also well above poverty line and I don't need to worry about it and no need to resubmit one unless if I get unemployed :help: .

Well, for the safe side I still think I will have a new AOS ready and a letter from my new Employer with Current pay stub send with my wife to show CO at the time of her interview to make sure it will not cause AP to submit missing documents.

Any suggestions?????

Timeline

Agree with you however Suggest not sending additional documentation unless requested. At this point if you send anything to the NVC center they will have to forward it to the embassy and it will more then likely not make it with your packet... just hold on to it take it with you.. if they ask for the forms then provide it.

Keep in mind the forms are filled out long time ago, and if everyone started updating the forms it would really make a lot of work for the embassy!

ONLY submit additional documentation if it will help your case! DO NOT submit additional unnecessary or nonrequested items!

Hi sn530,

I was thinking about the questions CO asked in other cases from the beneficiary about where your husband/wife works and what title?

Now, in this case my wife will answer about the new job title and Employer info which is obviously not going to match what stated on the AOS form they have it. So, I think taking a new AOS form with Current Employer letter will help.

You are right provide what they asked not more then that :thumbs:

Timeline

Hi sn530,

I was thinking about the questions CO asked in other cases from the beneficiary about where your husband/wife works and what title?

Now, in this case my wife will answer about the new job title and Employer info which is obviously not going to match what stated on the AOS form they have it. So, I think taking a new AOS form with Current Employer letter will help.

You are right provide what they asked not more then that :thumbs:

yes exactly, thats why take the info with you as long as she can tell were you worked before and tell them you have changed jobs then its fine! I would consider the interviewing agents at the embassy are human and they would realize people do change jobs and they do move for jobs and over time income goes up. There for if your wife can explain the variance in the question and answer and update them with new information and has backup ready she is in good standings!

Timeline

Thank you london92 & sn530 for your reponses on this post.

By the way, sn530 & london92 both of you have an interview date line up in this month. Good luck with your interview :thumbs:

Edited by Saj & Anam

Timeline

Thank you london92 & sn530 for your reponses on this post.

By the way, sn530 & london92 both of you have an interview date line up in this month. Good luck with your interview :thumbs:

Thanks and goodluck to my fiance she is the one going to the interview! as the day gets closer i think i am spending more and more time on here worrying about it!

Timeline

Thanks and goodluck to my fiance she is the one going to the interview! as the day gets closer i think i am spending more and more time on here worrying about it!

Our prayers are with you and all of the people who are waiting for their love ones to be with them soon...

Edited by Saj & Anam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.