Canadiandggal

Change of address (During ROC)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know this has been asked before, I did use the search button before making this. I just wanted some clarification as to what to do to Change our addresses.

USCIS Says this :

If you have moved, you need to follow two different steps:

Step 1: File a Form AR-11 (This changes your address in our master database.);

Step 2: If you have a pending case, you must also file a Change of Address online or call our National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. (This changes your address for the specific application you have submitted.)

Now if I use the Online address change do i still need to file a AR-11? and do I still need to call the above number as well?

I then need to change my husbands and My sons address as well do I need to do the same process?

I dont want to miss any steps, any advice?

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No you dont, the online change address is bascially electronic AR-11 , after you do the request online, at the very end you will have the chance to print a copy of your request which will state in the top (AR-11 ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION), so just go a head and do the online one, next (I recommend), you to call after like 10 days and speak to an officer to confirm the change was made to your file, (sometimes it does not go through), also you want to keep your copy of the submission (the one you printed), it shows good faith and that you follow the regulation.

I know this has been asked before, I did use the search button before making this. I just wanted some clarification as to what to do to Change our addresses.

USCIS Says this :

If you have moved, you need to follow two different steps:

Step 1: File a Form AR-11 (This changes your address in our master database.);

Step 2: If you have a pending case, you must also file a Change of Address online or call our National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. (This changes your address for the specific application you have submitted.)

Now if I use the Online address change do i still need to file a AR-11? and do I still need to call the above number as well?

I then need to change my husbands and My sons address as well do I need to do the same process?

I dont want to miss any steps, any advice?

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline

No you dont, the online change address is bascially electronic AR-11 , after you do the request online, at the very end you will have the chance to print a copy of your request which will state in the top (AR-11 ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION), so just go a head and do the online one, next (I recommend), you to call after like 10 days and speak to an officer to confirm the change was made to your file, (sometimes it does not go through), also you want to keep your copy of the submission (the one you printed), it shows good faith and that you follow the regulation.

Another question...

Does my Husband have to file a i865, I saw it somewhere?

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another question...

Does my Husband have to file a i865, I saw it somewhere?

yep he still has to file that..i did not see an online one so we did the mail one and send it with tracking via usps. it took forever for them to send back the notice that they got it and changed his addy.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Another question..

Do I (the USC) have to file the i865 even though my wife is already here (and has been here for 1.5 years)?

I dont get the reasoning behind it if it's a yes.

Edited by K and T

02.14.2009 - Started chatting online

06.07.2009 - First meeting : Syracuse, NY

07.03.2009 - Spent 3 days together at Philadelphia

08.15.2009 - Engagement in Toronto! In front of her and my parents!

12.31.2009 - Civil Wedding in Toronto!

03.xx.2010 - Got Marriage Certificate but they mispelled my name. Reprint ordered.

05.15.2010 - Finally got correct marriage certificate

06.01.2010 - Ended 4 night trip with her in Las Vegas, NV.

06.04.2010 - Sent I-130 to USCIC

06.09.2010 - I-130 delivered to Chicago USCIS @ 1:40 PM.

06.16.2010 - Check cashed

06.18.2010 - NOA1 received in mail.

07.18.2010 - Real wedding and other events at Brampton/Mississauga!

11.05.2010 - NOA2 text received.

12.21.2010 - Sign In Failed!

03.09.2011 - Original Interview Date (Date was changed by us as T was in India at that time)

04.05.2011 - Medical

04.26.2011 - Interview : Passed! Woohoo!

04.28.2011 - Passport mailed from Montreal/Dorval. At Brampton DHL awaiting pickup 4/29.

05.08.2011 - Point Of Entry : Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY. Took 1 hour total.

Timeline

Another question..

Do I (the USC) have to file the i865 even though my wife is already here (and has been here for 1.5 years)?

I dont get the reasoning behind it if it's a yes.

LOL since they just said yes to me, That would be a yes to you.

I the beneficiary have been here for 2 years at the end of october,

age.png

age.png

event.png

Timeline

the usc has to file the i-865 until the immigrant becomes a us citizen or dies. no way out of it, same as the rules for the sponsorship, it continues until death or citizenship. one of the reason i decided next year to do my naturalization.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I just want to bump this to stress how ridiculously stupid USCIS is with their own rules. oh and USPS also.

Since i did my AOC and got my green card i've moved twice. Both times i filed the online ar-11, which according to their site is all you have to do now. The first time i did it, i also had to mail a copy to DHS. well apparently they must sleep at their desks. I just got a letter dated SEPTEMBER 9TH, delivered to my address from 2010.

It would seem that they never updated my address, for ANY of my moves. le sigh. Davids confirmation of change of address, had the correct address on it, but for some reason the mail man delivered it to our old address, then it got sent back to uscis, then finally got sent to my last address, which is davids parents place, and they gave it to us. you can see on the original uscis letter it has the correct addy, plus two stickers with diff addies on it and the envelope has two USPS stickers with different addresses.

so not only does uscis not know ####### they are doing, neither does the post office. May mail it seems has been going around the state due to this. Doesn't the post office update the changes of address records and deleted the old ones? why are they forwarding mail to my addy two moves again? good grief. just shut them down already...such stupidity.

and of couse today is a holiday for uscis but no one else it seems, so i cannot fix this today. argh.

BTW, the letter was a one page paragraph reminding me to file for ROC. i thought they were not sending out reminders about this? AND, it says i entered the USA on january 2011, which is way wrong..it was april 2010 with my k1. so i'm confused about this. do they now ignore that date and use the day you became a permanent resident? all my changes of address i ever did or any forms i ever filled out had my actual POE date on them. Now i'm confused. :(

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Have i mentioned how much i hate USCIS??

i just called the idiots, and they wont let me check my address or update it with them. She outright refused to even look it up. unless i have a pending application they wont do jack and i HAVE TO MAKE AN INFOPASS.

wtfz is this bullshit. then she says do the change of address online to which i replied i did it twice and you dont seem to want to send me mail at my correct address. so now my husband and i have to take time off work to bloody well go in. grr

and now to boot it wont let me make an appt for a generic other info it tells me to go to their website...** it. i'm filing ROC in two weeks, i'll include copies of the electronic ar 11's that i've done they have the confirmation numbers on them and they will be forced to update it.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

i just called the idiots, and they wont let me check my address or update it with them. She outright refused to even look it up. unless i have a pending application they wont do jack and i HAVE TO MAKE AN INFOPASS.

wtfz is this bullshit. then she says do the change of address online to which i replied i did it twice and you dont seem to want to send me mail at my correct address. so now my husband and i have to take time off work to bloody well go in. grr

and now to boot it wont let me make an appt for a generic other info it tells me to go to their website...** it. i'm filing ROC in two weeks, i'll include copies of the electronic ar 11's that i've done they have the confirmation numbers on them and they will be forced to update it.

I am sooo dreading this change on address #######. We officially move in At the end of the month and I have this place till November 30th so I have a month for all my mail to be transfered over. Now I will be calling USCIS a week after I do the online change to make sure it goes through,

So sorry your going through that bull

age.png

age.png

event.png

Timeline

Dumb question On the i865,.,,,my family name is My current name or my maiden name?

age.png

age.png

event.png

Timeline

Dumb question On the i865,.,,,my family name is My current name or my maiden name?

well my green card etc id is all in my married name. usually they also ask for aliases which includes maiden name.

HWDWm6.png

Let us hope they can at least read the application and send all corresponsences to the address you put on the ROC application :blush:. I would not worry about this unless the NOA1 never shows up, then I would raise holy hell for them to get the address right.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

well my green card etc id is all in my married name. usually they also ask for aliases which includes maiden name.

Yeah on the i865 it just says... name of person sponsored. Then it says Family name:---- Middle name: first name, SO I am assuming they mean my married name

age.png

age.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.