ms. J& mr.N

passport will be expiring soon, pls clarify =)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi everyone, im starting to fill-up the forms for the packet 3 submission, here's the scenario...

my passport will be expiring soon (march 2013) but i already applied for the new one will be released in a month... question, can i use the old passport (which is still valid)in writing my passport number on the forms?will it have any bearing if in the interview, i will bring both the old passport and new one?won't it cause any confusion or discrepancy?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello

you have to have at least 6 months before expiration to be able to use that pasport . It is to close and am afraid you gonna have to renew. If i were you i will renew to be on the safe side

Timeline

Hello

you have to have at least 6 months before expiration to be able to use that pasport . It is to close and am afraid you gonna have to renew. If i were you i will renew to be on the safe side

thanks for the reply, i already renewed it and the new passport will be release in a month...but, im already filling up the forms for packet 3 so i can send them right away....can i then used the old passport number? (valid passport but expiring soon)and bring the new passport in the interview?will it cause a conflict?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

thanks for the reply, i already renewed it and the new passport will be release in a month...but, im already filling up the forms for packet 3 so i can send them right away....can i then used the old passport number? (valid passport but expiring soon)and bring the new passport in the interview?will it cause a conflict?

It might. I would wait until you have the new passport in your hands to fill out the forms on Packet 3...BUT to have the most accurate information, get a hold of the embassy and present the situation to them.

Edited by Celeste & C

Timeline

It might. I would wait until you have the new passport in your hands to make to fill out the forms on Packet 3...BUT to have the most accurate information, get a hold of the embassy and present the situation to them.

thank you so much.. i'll definitely do that..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would wait until you have your new passport before continuing..but see what the embassy says about it. You may be able to put the old number down and send it in, and just call and have it changed when your new passport comes in.

Timeline

thanks for all your insights.. i emailed Montreal US Embassy and they told me if

i use the actual passport number of the old one, i will need to make the corrections on all the application forms on the day of the interview. However, if i wait to receive the new passport, i would not need to make any corrections.

Fair enough, it will be 2 weeks more to receive the new passport, im so unpatient to wait for it hahaha..i want to send my packet 3 now asap hahaha..thanks everyone.

Filed: Timeline

Base on my experience every time you are renew your passport they usually get the old passport and give it to later but they will put on hold on lol that's what they did to my son's passport after we renew it :thumbs:

So make sure before you go to your interview is to renew your passport first...they will not accept that if about to expired within 6months on the day of your interview.

goodluck!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

thanks for all your insights.. i emailed Montreal US Embassy and they told me if

i use the actual passport number of the old one, i will need to make the corrections on all the application forms on the day of the interview. However, if i wait to receive the new passport, i would not need to make any corrections.

Fair enough, it will be 2 weeks more to receive the new passport, im so unpatient to wait for it hahaha..i want to send my packet 3 now asap hahaha..thanks everyone.

Perfect! This is why it's always better to consult with the Embassy. We all may have information here, but they are the ones that can clarify these types of particular concerns. good.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We renewed my husbands passport a month before his interview. We had already filled out all of the forms and previously sent them in and it didn't seem to affect anything. No one mentioned anything about it, and the correct renewed passport number. Ours was IR1 though so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.