HeidiShawn

Typo filling form DS-230

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Hello!

I was just going thru the copy of my DS-230 what I sent for the embassy on last week... And now I noticed, that when I put my latest residence of question 30, I accidentally put year 2011 instead of 2010. The month is right but I put a wrong year! :( Im now already so stressed out that everything is correct, and now I made this tiny stupid mistake. I know, this may be just overreacting, but should I let embassy know or just leave it like it is...

Hello!

I was just going thru the copy of my DS-230 what I sent for the embassy on last week... And now I noticed, that when I put my latest residence of question 30, I accidentally put year 2011 instead of 2010. The month is right but I put a wrong year! :( Im now already so stressed out that everything is correct, and now I made this tiny stupid mistake. I know, this may be just overreacting, but should I let embassy know or just leave it like it is...

hi what you can do is make a new DS 230 and just bring it with you on your interview and just explain to them what happen and just exchange it with the new DS 230 hope this help

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2011-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2012-03-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-03-27

I-130 RFE : No RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : Thank you lord

I-130 Approved : 2012-06-29. ---- APPROVED in 94 days!!!!!!!! Thank you so much jesus.....

National Visa Center

Date Package Received By NVC : 2012-07-09

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-07-31

-- Pay I-864 Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive I-864 Package : 2012-08-02

-- Return I-864 Package : 2012-08-17

-- Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-08-02

-- Receive IV Bill : 2012-08-02

-- Pay IV Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive Instruction Package : 2012-09-15

-- Case Completed at NVC : 2012-08-27

Date Package Left From NVC : xxxx-xx-xx

Consulate Processing

Date Received By Consulate : xxxx-xx-xx

Advance medical : 2012-08-22 ( Passed )

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4) : 2012-09-15

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2012-10-18

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!! thank you lord....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi what you can do is make a new DS 230 and just bring it with you on your interview and just explain to them what happen and just exchange it with the new DS 230 hope this help

good.gif

Timeline

Thank you!! It was in my additional sheet; i checked all the others and they were just fine. Im just scared they will deny my visa for giving them a "wrong" information :( So should I still e-mail them and let them know or just wait until interview? This is so stressfull.. And we are just humans, we do those little mistakes.. But im just freaking out about everything now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you!! It was in my additional sheet; i checked all the others and they were just fine. Im just scared they will deny my visa for giving them a "wrong" information :( So should I still e-mail them and let them know or just wait until interview? This is so stressfull.. And we are just humans, we do those little mistakes.. But im just freaking out about everything now.

We made a mistake on the DS-230 as well by putting the wrong address and hoping that we don't get denied because of it. I know how you are feeling. I wasn't sure what to do either. In our case, we submit a new one with the DS-2001 Notification of Application Readiness.

Timeline

Oh thank god Im not alone... :) And Im sure we are not the first ones who has done these kinda mistakes... Im sure we can fix these, I think they SHOULD be just minor failures. One finnish guy just told me that in his hand filled forms he had different place of birth city for his dad than in his official birth certificate. And no one said anything in consulate. And I just had one number wrong god dammit! :)

Did u ask instructions from your embassy or did u just decide to do that? Im thinking to e-mail them but Im not sure is it worth to bother them with this kind of problem. But yeah it worries me a lot, so maybe I could get some peace of mind...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.