rosajo

After case complete, how much time before interview?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm expecting our case will be completed this week or next, and because I'm planning a trip I'm wondering how long it usually takes after that to receive an interview date, and how far in advance I'll be notified. I'm interviewing in Stockholm and I have heard of one very long wait, but hopefully it doesn't reflect the norm!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The interview wait time depends on case backlog at the local consulate in Stockholm. I have heard of people complaining to have to wait from anywhere between 1 month to 10 months. You will be notified aleast 3 weeks before interview, allowing you to prepare and attend for medical examination.

Unless you were told by NVC that the case is completed and your case is being sent to local consulate, you should not be sure about guestimating the wait time. Ppl experienced delays waiting for interviews only to find out later that NVC has not marked the case as complete due to missing paperwork. So do confirm this first.

I'm expecting our case will be completed this week or next, and because I'm planning a trip I'm wondering how long it usually takes after that to receive an interview date, and how far in advance I'll be notified. I'm interviewing in Stockholm and I have heard of one very long wait, but hopefully it doesn't reflect the norm!

2012-01-29 - Wedding

USCIS:

2012-02-22 - I-130 Sent

2012-02-29 - NOA1 Received

2012-06-28 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

2012-07-24 - Case arrived at NVC

2012-07-24 - Received case #,Consulate Info and IIN

2012-07-24 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

2012-07-26 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

2012-07-31 - AOS bill appears as PAID

2012-08-06 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced and PAID

2012-08-06 - IV bill appears as PAID

2012-08-03 - AOS Package delivered to NVC

2012-08-16 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

2012-08-20 - IV Package sent(From India)

2012-08-23 - IV Package delivered to NVC

2012-08-28 - IV accepted, Case Complete

2012-10-02 - Interview date Assigned

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

2012-10-30 - Medical

2012-11-27 - Interview-Approved

2012-11-30 - Visa received

2012-12-01 - POE

Timeline

Oh my, I hope it won't be closer to 10 mos. Does the NVC have information about particular Embassies' backlog situations? I know it's the NVC who schedules the interviews, and not the Embassy.

Yes, I plan on calling NVC to make sure everything's in order. We just responded to a checklist.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I was trying to figure this out. Our case is not complete at the NVC, but I like to plan ahead a bit. I have looked the most recent timelines for Sweden, Norway and Denmark since they all interview at Stockholm and it seems to be between a month and a half and 3 months on average. But the number of VJers represented from those countries are quite few, so it is hard to say if that is an accurate estimate.

Timeline

It sure is longer with sweden.

Mr Borkstrom on here got case complete first week of July and only got his interview scheduled for October just 2 weeks ago then they emailed him with a new date and he is having interview today.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Stockholm always slows down during summer, because of vacation and stuff and in the beginning of the fall they catch up with the back log, normally Stockholm is a pretty speedy embassy. If you don't have a case complete yet there is no way of knowing. I think borkstrom had to wait so long as he did just because of vacation time. I would say a "normal" waiting period is about a month worst case scenario like borkstrom 3 months... In the meanwhile you can go get your medicals done if you haven't already. I did mine in advance in Stockholm, it was nice having it over and done with.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

My case was completed yesterday and today I received an appointment for the 14 of November! I didn't expect it to come so soon, I'm beyond excited and relieved!!

Alaska2012--where did you go for your medical? I did one with a Greek lady in Stockholm when I applied 14 years ago. Back then I received a list or some other information from the Embassy, but I don't think I have anything now. Would you mind sharing what the examination entailed?

Yes, Stockholm was very speedy when I applied 14 years ago. Took me 2 months! My husband and I were apart for 4 months total I think. Now it's been 8 already, and adding 2 dad-sick little boys to the mix (and an exhausted mama!), it's been the most difficult time ever.

Timeline

Oh, so I googled and found this document with what I believe to be current info about Stockholm http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/CPN-MED-ENGL-0001-1202.pdf. There's a Göran Bulow?

Where did you get a passport photo? I went to Expert last, but not sure they won't close up shop before I get there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

For Mumbai(IN) consulate, our Visa got issued exactly 91 days later. go Figure!

2012-01-29 - Wedding

USCIS:

2012-02-22 - I-130 Sent

2012-02-29 - NOA1 Received

2012-06-28 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

2012-07-24 - Case arrived at NVC

2012-07-24 - Received case #,Consulate Info and IIN

2012-07-24 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

2012-07-26 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

2012-07-31 - AOS bill appears as PAID

2012-08-06 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced and PAID

2012-08-06 - IV bill appears as PAID

2012-08-03 - AOS Package delivered to NVC

2012-08-16 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

2012-08-20 - IV Package sent(From India)

2012-08-23 - IV Package delivered to NVC

2012-08-28 - IV accepted, Case Complete

2012-10-02 - Interview date Assigned

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

2012-10-30 - Medical

2012-11-27 - Interview-Approved

2012-11-30 - Visa received

2012-12-01 - POE

Timeline

Oh, so I googled and found this document with what I believe to be current info about Stockholm http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/CPN-MED-ENGL-0001-1202.pdf. There's a Göran Bulow?

Where did you get a passport photo? I went to Expert last, but not sure they won't close up shop before I get there.

Yes I went to goran bulow, it was all very smooth and easy. Exam and blood work. I didn't have to do the X-ray though because I was pregnant. My passport pics I got done at a photographer in my home town who had experience in both American size and Swedish size. U don't need to spend extra to get the American sized passport pic for the medical exam, the Swedish standard works fine.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Timeline

Thanks!

Did you have to take any vaccinations?

No I was fully covered, but my son had to get one. I actually looked that up a bit earlier cause the one he needed is one that must be taken 3 times, so I managed to get his 2 first shots in Sweden and the third has to be with a longer time in between so he'll get it over here.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.