carolynhotstuff

AP after petition reaffirmed

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our I-130 petition was reaffirmed by USCIS in June 2012 and sent back to the embassy in Islamabad. We expected my husband to be called for an interview instead our case was placed in AP. I know they need time to review the new documents we sent with our appeal but Islamabad embassy is famous for keeping people in AP for long periods of time. Is there anyone else who got AP after having their case reaffirmed and how long did you wait for an interview or are you still waiting?

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Carolyn, I do not have any answer to your question, but I just wanted to send you words of encouragement. I have been following your post because we were at one point also in similar AP proceediing in Lagos. I can only imagine how hard this has been for you and the time it is taking for all these to straighten out.

Hang in there!

Best wishes, my love to your family.

I-129F @ VSC-Jan 27 2010

NOA 1- Dated Feb 1 2010

NOA 2- Dated April 27 2010 (85days after NOA1)

Interview-October 2010- outcome AP

Interview-July 2011-outcome-Recommendation for revocation

March 2012- Petition received by a USCIS office

May 11 2012- Petiton sent to another USCIS office for processing

May 15 2012- Petition is now being processed at a USCIS office

May 17 2012- letter rec'd from CSC Petition officially closed

Oct 26, 2011- Sent 1-130 Oct 27, 2011- NOA1 priority date

July 2012- NOID I-130 petition

July 16, 2012 e-mail notification for NOA2

NVC Process

July 23, 2012- nvc received

Aug 13,2012- called nvc to receive case# and IIN

Aug 14,2012- DS-3032 Email sent

Aug 15,2012- AOS Fee $88 invoiced, paid and in process

Aug 16,2012- AOS shows as paid

Aug 17,2012- I-864 overnighted to NVC

Aug 24,2012- DS-3032 acceptance received

Aug 24,2012- DS-230 invoiced/paid

Sept 4,2012- DS-230 overnighted to NVC (forgot to date page 2 waoo???, can't stop beating myself now, pls no RFE)

Sept 5,2012- DS-230 received by NVC; Oct 4- date received via email for scheduled interview

Sept 14, 2012-checklist requested for docs already submitted

Sept 20,2012- Case complete at NVC

Embassy

November 2, 2012 Interview -APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Has the embassy made any contact with you or your husband?

When and what was the last contact they made or interaction you had?

What's your future game plan and is there anything you are working on or doing to progress your case?

Timeline

The embassy hasn't made any contact with my husband or me. My game plan for now is having my congressman's office contact the embassy once a month. The last email sent from the embassy to the congressman's office said they were reviewing our case and would contact the beneficiary when they were done. The usual thing they say when a case is in AP.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

When we had our K1 reaffirmed I called the embassy to see how quickly they would get us back into the interview queue. They swore up and down that our case had not made it back to the embassy. NVC swore up and down that the case was in Delhi. Never thought to call DOS to see if it was in AP again.

Prior to receiving the reaffirmation notice, I had planned to move to India to get on with our lives. Since I literally received the reaffirmation like 5 days before my flight [having quit my job and given up my apartment] I still moved over till all this visa stuff could get straight. After sleeping off the jetlag, maybe day 3 or 4 in Delhi, I hot-footed it down to the consulate to find out what was up. Magically, the CO confirmed that the case had arrived when NVC stated it had. Not only that, but if I didn't mind waiting for a bit, he would look into it. 2 hours later I had an interview appointment letter! [it was about 3-4 weeks out so we could get the PCC/Medical redone].

Here's the interesting part, through vj I knew a couple other people who were in the same reaffirmation group [it had appeared that VSC decided to reaffirm a bunch of Delhi K1s all on the same day]. Our interview was easily 3-4 months ahead of any of theirs. So maybe they were in AP during that time???? I was lucky enough to be able to go and get all the info I wanted from the horse's mouth, if you will. I know this isn't an option for everyone. After the interview we were placed on AP again [hubster is Muslim and Kashmiri - there is no way in hell he wasn't getting standard name check [aka muslim guy] AP]. Thankfully, that AP was only 7-ish weeks.

Timeline

Carolina I guess what you gotta do is do some carolinahotstuff footing to Islamabad embassy and talk to the horses mouth and see if that helps. I have a feeling it wount do much considering the current affairs of Pakistan and the USA ..... don't really know how to explain the ediotic behavior of mob mentality.

Timeline

You can't get into Islamabad embassy without an appointment. I know they won't give us an appointment until they are ready to do the interview. We just have to wait and let our congressman's office do their thing with checking on our case every month.

Timeline

You can't get into Islamabad embassy without an appointment. I know they won't give us an appointment until they are ready to do the interview. We just have to wait and let our congressman's office do their thing with checking on our case every month.

see if you find a method to contact Hillary Clinton... (no im not joking) she is one of the only embassador that has a influential presense in pakistan. She use to have a way to contact her when she was a senator but now she is the secreaty of "department of states" which is a direct link to whom you need help from. If you figure out a way might want to share it with others who have been stuck in AP for a while. I searched online for a while could not turn up anything.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Our case has been in AP for 6 months now and we have not heard from the embassy. I have found out that there are other reaffirmed cases waiting in AP at Islamabad embassy. I don't know why but they love to put cases in AP for long periods of time.

I wrote to President Obama and my letter was transferred to the Department of State. They wrote back to me and gave me a history of my case and told me when it was received by the embassy. Then they told me the case was still in AP and I would have to wait.

If you have a reaffirmed case sitting in AP please feel free to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.