SweetnessATX

Jamaica K1 - cosponsors

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all - I am hearing more and more people who are required to get co-sponsors. Is it possible to get the forms and have this information ready ahead of time just "in case" it is needed? I pray we don't need one because I don't know who we would get. Is there a link to what those requirements are or are they the same as what I provided for the I134?

I am unemployed but have shown what my salary was last year. I collect monthly unemployment benefits which total over the required amount and are also documented. In addition I am blessed to have plenty of savings which I hope will show there is no financial worries.

Any feedback on general qualification experiences. Not asking for private information just what might trigger a need for cosponsor and what that person had to have $$.

Thanks so much

ONE LOVE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i think you might need to have it lined up just incase. here is a link that helps to clear up the co sponsor issue. good luck :thumbs:

http://www.fiancee-visa.info/fiancee_visa_requirements.html

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Timeline

thanks DJ I will study the link and be prepared (as much as I can any way).

I was laid off when we did the application last Nov. so I explained and showed salary up thru July and what my benefits are receiving unemployment each month.

Should I show what my monthly bills are? they are really small and the unemployment covers everything and then some. I don't know who to ask to sponsor - no friends or family that can do it yikes.

ONE LOVE

You will need a co-sponsor, you can't show a steady income fron last November.

I am a single household and my unemployment benefits ($19,920/yr) are more than the poverty amount listed in the requirements ($11,170) and I am providing paperwork to show that.

It at 125% and that $$$ is $19,000 the 11,000 you quote is INCORRECT.

Timeline

but I can Life'sJ....I provided bank statements showing the deposits every two weeks and we are taking ones that show up thru current date. Plus have a large savings.

Ok - Life'sJ thanks for clarifying - $125% of the poverty level. Dang that is close - I am just over the requirement by $900. Oy

ONE LOVE

i think you might need to have it lined up just incase. here is a link that helps to clear up the co sponsor issue. good luck :thumbs:

This link has some incorrect information in it. Please verify information before referring and posting in the future.

Timeline

2012 Poverty Guidelines

Size of

Family Unit 48 Contiguous

States and D.C. Alaska Hawaii

1 $11,170 $13,970 $12,860

2 $15,130 $18,920 $17,410

3 $19,090 $23,870 $21,960

4 $23,050 $28,820 $26,510

5 $27,010 $33,770 $31,060

6 $30,970 $38,720 $35,610

7 $34,930 $43,670 $40,160

8 $38,890 $48,620 $44,710

For each additional person, add $3,960 $4,950 $4,550

OK - I will try to find more correct information. I am sorry if I have made you angry. I am just asking for advice and I do appreciate so much your help and willingness to share.

ONE LOVE

but I can Life'sJ....I provided bank statements showing the deposits every two weeks and we are taking ones that show up thru current date. Plus have a large savings.

Ok - Life'sJ thanks for clarifying - $125% of the poverty level. Dang that is close - I am just over the requirement by $900. Oy

Note the Jamaica Embassy is strict on the finance, you either meet it or you must have a co-sponsor. Note I will give you the correct $$$ in a minute. I may have round it off.

2012 Poverty Guidelines

Size of

Family Unit 48 Contiguous

States and D.C. Alaska Hawaii

1 $11,170 $13,970 $12,860

2 $15,130 $18,920 $17,410

3 $19,090 $23,870 $21,960

4 $23,050 $28,820 $26,510

5 $27,010 $33,770 $31,060

6 $30,970 $38,720 $35,610

7 $34,930 $43,670 $40,160

8 $38,890 $48,620 $44,710

For each additional person, add $3,960 $4,950 $4,550

OK - I will try to find more correct information. I am sorry if I have made you angry. I am just asking for advice and I do appreciate so much your help and willingness to share.

The second column shows the correct 125%, I bold the numbers. That 11,000 is for military only.

Timeline

Thanks you Life's. so my number is $13,963. My UE does not meet that so I need a co-sponsor. Can anyone provide a link to the paperwork for a Co-sponsor? OK feeling the stress rise - so I need a co-sponsor that makes 125% counting up their number of household plus me and that is willing to sponsor. Correct?

ONE LOVE

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

FYI - If the website does not end in (.GOV) then it is not reliable information.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Thanks you Life's. so my number is $13,963. My UE does not meet that so I need a co-sponsor. Can anyone provide a link to the paperwork for a Co-sponsor? OK feeling the stress rise - so I need a co-sponsor that makes 125% counting up their number of household plus me and that is willing to sponsor. Correct?

NOOOOOOO you number is not 13, 000, your number is the 18,920 for 2 people. You MUST include your SO, you will be supporting him until he he obtains a job. That could be for 6 months or 2-3 years later. You yourseld is still un-employed 9 10 months later. You have job history in the US, he will not.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all - I am hearing more and more people who are required to get co-sponsors. Is it possible to get the forms and have this information ready ahead of time just "in case" it is needed? I pray we don't need one because I don't know who we would get. Is there a link to what those requirements are or are they the same as what I provided for the I134?

I am unemployed but have shown what my salary was last year. I collect monthly unemployment benefits which total over the required amount and are also documented. In addition I am blessed to have plenty of savings which I hope will show there is no financial worries.

Any feedback on general qualification experiences. Not asking for private information just what might trigger a need for cosponsor and what that person had to have $$.

Thanks so much

Correct link:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

I think that you need to be prepared to provide a co-sponsor. Someone else had income that was from child support and they did not count that as income, and required her to have a co-sponsor. Technically, unemployment benefits are not stable income, so they may disallow that income. The paperwork for co-sponsor is the same thing you are doing for your I-134.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.