sleepless_seattle

Adding baby to petition?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

can somebody tell me that if i have already applied for my spouse. i hace filed the application for her and i have baby after that how would i apply for the baby. or how will i show his presence as my child. what will be the procedure to add his name in my wife's application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** topic split from another member's unrelated thread ****

How long have you lived in the USA, and were you a US citizen when the baby was born? If you've lived legally in the USA more than 5 years and were a USC when the baby was born he has a claim to US citizenship, see this forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/154-consular-reports-of-birth-abroad-crba/

If not, you need to file a separate I-130 for the baby; include a letter asking for expedite so mom and baby's petition can be joined up and they get their visas at the same time.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

*** topic split from another member's unrelated thread ****

How long have you lived in the USA, and were you a US citizen when the baby was born? If you've lived legally in the USA more than 5 years and were a USC when the baby was born he has a claim to US citizenship, see this forum: http://www.visajourn...th-abroad-crba/

If not, you need to file a separate I-130 for the baby; include a letter asking for expedite so mom and baby's petition can be joined up and they get their visas at the same time.

The above is correct but I will add that if the baby needs a visa it will be the kind of IR2 visa that entitles the baby to US Citizenship once they actually enter the USA. Your wife would only be entitled to a green card.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

A child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent is a citizen as long as the US Citizen parent was present in the U.S. for 5 years prior to the child’s birth, two of which were after age 14.

Go to this link it has all the information about how to apply Counsler Report Of birth Abroad ( CRBA ) and US passport for US citizen baby At US Embassy Islamabad

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/birth_abroad.html

Edited by Butt Saaab

omqnwp93ba3er.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.