Mrs_Mouse

Help w/ denial. Positive drug urine test & Stupidity

71 posts in this topic

Life'sJourney,

Thanks for taking the time to sort through this messy topic and post. All of this information is invaluable. The "one year" kept coming up in everything I was reading. I wasn't sure if it was the approved I-130 that would expire or this was in regards to the Visa itself. I was hoping for the best - pee and wait for the re-interview. Thanks again for your time and help.

All my best,

Kim

Kim, your approved I-130 do not expire, that is why I stated in one year just request another interview date. Those who file for a K1, will have to re-file all over agin, because their I-129 will expire.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I-601 covers several situations including overstaying but doesn't cover INA 212(a)(1)(A)(iv) drug abuse. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-601instr.pdf

Wait wait -- forgive me for not reading the past 3 pages but, OP, you have to submit a 601?? I thought only people like me had to submit 601s b/c my husband was here "illegally"??? o.O

All I know is they don't play with drug bans. I know people whose spouse admitted to drinking, they saw his prior DUI and sentenced him to a year, unwaivable bar that he had to serve out in ES.

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

I-601 covers several situations including overstaying but doesn't cover INA 212(a)(1)(A)(iv) drug abuse. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-601instr.pdf

There is no need for the wavier unless the embassy requests it. I haven't seen a request for a wavier when there have not been any charges aginst the appliciant.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

To everyone that took the time to reply or a word of support... I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You were just a huge help in sorting this out. There are far too numerous wonderful posts to thank everyone individually but please know that I appreciate all of your help.

For everyone else, Well, "Open Mic Night" seems appropriate. Tonight at 8:30pm. Drinks and appetizers will be served and your wonderful, witty participation is encouraged. You've been a blast!

All my best,

Kim

526991_493529930676866_381614943_n.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are correct. As I've mentioned in my first post, there doesn't seem to be an outright denial. I am responding to post about what the I-601 covers not suggesting that the OP files one.

There is no need for the wavier unless the embassy requests it. I haven't seen a request for a wavier when there have not been any charges aginst the appliciant.

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Timeline

OK We get it, good people who are healthy and have jobs smoke pot! So he doesn't take aspirin he doesn't need to, he is soothing his headache with smoking POT. He should have just stayed sober for awhile knowing he might have to take a drug test. I think you got your answer already on this post and should now let it go. If you write about drugs of course everyone is going to comment, if you don't want comments don't post questions.

Boy, did you lose the plot on that one. Cheers!

Timeline

People do dumb things all the time, I also think in a country like Morocco the drug laws are not as dumb as they are in the use. In most countries it is no big deal to smoke a joint. There is one question I have for myself. Would he have to go to the civil surgeon to get drug tested every 3 months, this could become costly.

Yes, he must return there, to the same civil surgeon... and the cost is unbelievable. Especially if you look at the money value of a nation like Morocco. I consider us very fortunate considering what could have happened.

These things happen. He probably assumed he would be ok, and that because he'd been honest with the process. Unfortunately the people who do things the honest way aren't always favored. For now stay strong and hope the year goes fast. I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. Ignore the trolls and the haters, you know your husband and that's all that matters. :)

Edited by AmeriPole

I-129F Paperwork Filed: 5/3/12

I-129F Paperwork delivered: 5/5/12

NOA1 Notification Email: 5/9/12

NOA1 Date: 5/9/12

"Touched": 5/10/12

NOA2: 11/13/12

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

People do dumb things all the time, I also think in a country like Morocco the drug laws are not as dumb as they are in the use. In most countries it is no big deal to smoke a joint. There is one question I have for myself. Would he have to go to the civil surgeon to get drug tested every 3 months, this could become costly.

The issue here is that the visa application is not being conducted under Moroccan law or any other country but an American one and that is all that matters.

Regardless of the OPs exagerated hysterical outbursts, I still commend her for enlightening VJ community that this happens.

Timeline

OK We get it, good people who are healthy and have jobs smoke pot! So he doesn't take aspirin he doesn't need to, he is soothing his headache with smoking POT. He should have just stayed sober for awhile knowing he might have to take a drug test. I think you got your answer already on this post and should now let it go. If you write about drugs of course everyone is going to comment, if you don't want comments don't post questions.

Hhhhhh. No, Silly. I am actually saying he is not a smoker. A person who made a mistake... sure. In wrong place... most definintely. But no, I was not implying any of those things you said. My, you've got an imagination! And of course, he would take something like an Tylenol for his toothache or his recent ACL tear. I was making a point. :lol:

Timeline

These things happen. He probably assumed he would be ok, and that because he'd been honest with the process. Unfortunately the people who do things the honest way aren't always favored. For now stay strong and hope the year goes fast. I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. Ignore the trolls and the haters, you know your husband and that's all that matters. :)

I could just kiss your face! Hhhhh. Thank you. Just.... thank you. (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kim, your approved I-130 do not expire, that is why I stated in one year just request another interview date. Those who file for a K1, will have to re-file all over agin, because their I-129 will expire.

I am not sure that K1 filers will have to refile. There is someone here who obtained in writing that they wont have to refile and I called USCIS and was told that even if it does expire, once it has been reviewed and requests for evidence has been approved, another approval letter will be issued with a new expiration date. I do not have that in writing, however, I am working on getting that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.