VeeNDee

Booking medical in person?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a thought that occurred to me. It's been over a week and after using both email & voicemail, I still haven't heard back from Dr. Cheema's office and was really hoping to get my medical done before October. I live really close to the office and was wondering if you thought going in person to book an appointment would be an effective way of getting a response. Is it set up to allow that?

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Just a thought that occurred to me. It's been over a week and after using both email & voicemail, I still haven't heard back from Dr. Cheema's office and was really hoping to get my medical done before October. I live really close to the office and was wondering if you thought going in person to book an appointment would be an effective way of getting a response. Is it set up to allow that?

Can't hurt, they're undoubtedly open during normal business hours. If they give you any flack you can always let them know that you emailed and vmailed and didn't get a response. If you live close and it's easy for you, why not.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I sent an email yesterday for a different matter regarding pickup times and they responded within an hour. So it seems odd. I would absolutely stop on by and get it booked. Let us know how it goes.

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thats the joys of email----sometimes gets sent to the spam folder that no1 ever checks!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I was all ready to go there tomorrow, but my phone just rang a few minutes ago - it was Dr. Cheema's office calling! So who knows what happened to my email - lost in the netherspace somewhere. But a week after a voicemail they called back. I didn't get my preferred day but am going in September.

For info the fee is $275 but only payable in cash or debit, nothing else. Also, apparently they have appointments only from 7am to 10am on weekdays at this point. I had asked for a Saturday hoping my fiance could come with me but they told me he wasn't there that day.

VeeNDee

Timeline

I was all ready to go there tomorrow, but my phone just rang a few minutes ago - it was Dr. Cheema's office calling! So who knows what happened to my email - lost in the netherspace somewhere. But a week after a voicemail they called back. I didn't get my preferred day but am going in September.

For info the fee is $275 but only payable in cash or debit, nothing else. Also, apparently they have appointments only from 7am to 10am on weekdays at this point. I had asked for a Saturday hoping my fiance could come with me but they told me he wasn't there that day.

Your fiance couldn't come in with you anyway. He/she would be sitting in teh waiting room. It's quite a quick check-up, nothign to worry about. Check other people's reviews of their medicals

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Your fiance couldn't come in with you anyway. He/she would be sitting in teh waiting room. It's quite a quick check-up, nothign to worry about. Check other people's reviews of their medicals

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling he might have to wait in the waiting room if he came but it would've been nice to have that moral support. Honestly I'm more worried about the medical than the visa interview since I have several chronic health conditions and the inability to take one of the required vaccines so I'm hoping for a waiver and getting my ducks in order with both the affidavit prepared as well as a long letter from my doctor explaining my current situation/medications/etc. :wacko:

VeeNDee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.