ChrisB0707

US Citizen Parents To The US

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received the emails for my wifes parents interviews in Manila. What do they need to take with them to the interview in Manila? Any advice on CFO in Manila would be good also

For the medical I think all we need is

Exam fee of 223.35 paid in Philippine pesos

Appointment Letter from NVC

Passport (Should we bring copies also)

Three color Photos with white background

What you have for the medical is good. As far as what to take to the interview - I had sent my gal my entire I-129 petition file and it contained all original documents and artwork (photos, documents, etc...). I think the idea is to make sure you have any and all documents that are either needed or have been sent to the USCIS just in case they need to see one for verification or if they have lost one.

Best of luck,

Sid

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

For a parent, it is pretty simple for the interview. Look on the email you just received on the interview appointment. Look at the page of what you submitted to NVC. As long as you submitted original documents, then just take some pictures of the family to the interview. If you submitted copies, then make sure they have the originals with them at the interview. Unlike other categories, parents don't have to prove ongoing relationship, etc, like most others do, therefore you don't have to take anything else.

For the CFO, parents go through PDOS which again is much easier than GCC for spouses, etc. Just check the CFO website for immigrants and you will see the requirements.

One word of warning, check the expiration date on their NBI and make sure it will not be expired before the interview (good for one year from issue date).

They have already made it through NVC, and the rest is just formality now more than anything.

Timeline

What you have for the medical is good. As far as what to take to the interview - I had sent my gal my entire I-129 petition file and it contained all original documents and artwork (photos, documents, etc...). I think the idea is to make sure you have any and all documents that are either needed or have been sent to the USCIS just in case they need to see one for verification or if they have lost one.

Best of luck,

Sid

For sure you don't need to send the entire I-129F petition (totally not needed, if the embassy ever lost a petition file they would NOT accept your copies), the embassy already has the original one that you sent to USCIS in the beginning. And only send originals of documents the embassy asks to be originals, send copies for everything else.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

We received the emails for my wifes parents interviews in Manila. What do they need to take with them to the interview in Manila? Any advice on CFO in Manila would be good also

For the medical I think all we need is

Exam fee of 223.35 paid in Philippine pesos

Appointment Letter from NVC

Passport (Should we bring copies also)

Three color Photos with white background

My wife just called the CFO and your parent-in-laws will need to do the CFO after they receive their visas. They can't do it before.

Timeline

I have seen it in the past when people do CFO then cOme back for stamp after they get the visa. Has this changed?

What you see is spouses and fiancees do it that are taking the Guidance and Counseling Session. Your in laws will take the Pre Departure Orientation. Different rules for different things. You can have them try it in advance if you want, but my wife talked to two different people yesterday at the CFO in Cebu, and both told her that for the PDOS, you had to already have your visa before you could take it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.