bozer632

Visiting with a twist

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been reading about visiting the US while going throught the K-1 process. Although, my fiancee and I have not yet filed for the k-1 visa, we will have by the time she comes here to visit in Dec. She is planing on visiting for five day's here in Minnesota, then we planing on flying to Mexico for eight days then back to Minnesota where she will stay for an addt'l two days; then return to Canada. I was curious if anyone else has done this before? I am not as concerned about her entering from Canada to Minnesota as I am when we try to come back from Mexico. Any adivce would be appreciated.

From everything I have read on here, I would say she should simply plan on bringing documentation that her visit here is exactly that, a visit. If she is flying to the USA, then she will have tickets with her for all stages of the visit, including home after your visit to Mexico.

She should be honest and up front if asked about a K-1 having been filed, but the purpose of her trip is to visit and go on to Mexico, then back and on home.

She should bring documentation of her ties to Canada, such as a letter from her employer. Things that indicate she will return to Canada when the trip is finished. Otherwise, being Canadian, she should expect very little hassle.

Oh... And do NOT get excited and elope either in the USA or Mexico! Beyond that, have a ton of fun!

Good luck on your journey! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
From everything I have read on here, I would say she should simply plan on bringing documentation that her visit here is exactly that, a visit. If she is flying to the USA, then she will have tickets with her for all stages of the visit, including home after your visit to Mexico.

She should be honest and up front if asked about a K-1 having been filed, but the purpose of her trip is to visit and go on to Mexico, then back and on home.

She should bring documentation of her ties to Canada, such as a letter from her employer. Things that indicate she will return to Canada when the trip is finished. Otherwise, being Canadian, she should expect very little hassle.

Oh... And do NOT get excited and elope either in the USA or Mexico! Beyond that, have a ton of fun!

Good luck on your journey! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

from my past experience...i am from canada.....and 40 mins from vermont border.....when we filed, i went all the time...no questions were asked....but when i finally recieved my noa2...we called the border and asked if we could still cross, and he said no problem, but just bring your noa2 with you, and like ready4you mentioned some paperwork that shows you still have toes with canada. thats what we did, and had no problem. its just a feeling with me, that you are not in their system untill recieving your noa2. could be wrong. but....good luck and all the best on your journey (F)

2007 AOS FOR me....Debbie

son...Lance(20)

son...Jason(18)..we lost jay in a head on car crash...oct 4th, 2008

Interview for all 3...03/26

All 3 approved...03/26 ..YEAAAAAAA

all i-485's touched..03/28

rec'd email all ead cards in production..03/29

rec'd email..notice mailed welcoming new perm resident for all 3....03/30

all i485's touched..03831

all ead's touched..03/31

we rec'd all 3 EAD cards...yeha..04/02

rec'd email that all 3 green cards have been ordered..04/04..yeepiekiyaaa!!!

rec'd boys welcome letters...04/05

20 yr olds GREEN CARD COMES!!!!!...he is safe....04/09

rec;d mine and 18yr olds green cards..04/10

good to go until dec of 2008!!!!!!

my son lance joined the vermont national guard..04/25/07

he is leaving for oklahoma for basic training...09/19/07

graduated basic, left for texas to study to become a medic.......12/03/07

he is now a certified medic!!!!......

lifting conditions...dec 26th, 2008 for debbie and son Lance

sent pkg on........ dec 26th, 2008

rec'd sons green card extension.......jan 6th, 2009

check was cashed.............jan 6th, 2008

rec'd son's NOA.........jan 22nd, 2009

rec'd mine and my son's fingerprinting apt...jan 22nd, 2009

fingerprint apts............Febuary 3rd, 2009

touched...both of us...............Feb 4th, 2009

rec'd my extension letter...02/14/2009

re'd our approval letters.....05/15/2009

received our 10 yr cards...06/19/2009

Lance is now deployed to Afghanistan

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.