Loida and Ed

Should we Cancel USEM Appointments ?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Should we Cancel USEM Appt ? due to St Lukes outcome ?

:help: :help: :help:

hELLO VJ'ers

My fiancee and her children went to their medical appointments at St Lukes this week. The 14 year old didnt pass the medical for possible pneumonia / tb precaution. Maybe associated with his Asthma when he was younger ( we dont know).

Either way, they want them to come back next week for the 3 day sputum followed by a 2 month wait and new x-ray.

Our problem is as follows:

03 Oct 2012 is the USEM Interview.

- St Lukes recommends my fiancee continue with the interview process, get the visas approved for the three of them that are eligible and then go back to the USEM for the final interview for the 14 year old after everything clears.

We wont know for 2 months if he will require a 6 month treatment

- If a 6 month treatment is needed, everyones medicals will have expired and we must reaccomplish all medicals.

- The travel visa for the three with no issues will also expire if we do the interview

- Weve been apart 18 months now, this will also push us over the 24 month limit for seeing one another.

My fiancee has had lenghty discussions with the children and also the realitives there about different scenarios that can occur. Everyone in the family recommends the following:

1. continue to the USEM and go to the appointment

2. If the visas get approved, then schedule flights and have the three come over and get them settled in

3. The realitives stated they would ensure meds are taken ( if needed) and appointments are met for the 14 year old.

- We would not be able to do the DOT (Daily Observable treatment) but rather ensure back in Cebu it is accomplished on our own.

I this a plausible option?

Will the 14 year old be allowed to go to the embassy for the interview "with" the family and then just be in a "pending" status based on the St Lukes clearance? or will he have to interview seperately ?

Will a gaurdian of the 14 year old be able to bring him to the embassy and sit in on his interview?

What paperwork changes (if any) would I need to do since he will then be considered a "follow on K2 derivitave" verses flying with the K1 applicant?

If anyone can provide some guidance here, I would gladly appreciate it.

Also... Am I missing anything I (we) hadnt thought of.

Can this be done as we see it occuring ?

Thanks

Ed & Loida

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would move forward with everyone else and deal with his medical condition as it transpires, with willing help in the Phils from her family there doesn't seem to be a reason not to.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck to you all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.