Zino

k1 visa

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I am an applicant and my ccase has long been sent to the Consulate from the NVC which my fiancee confirmed. The problem we have right now is i havent recieved any packet and its almost 2 months. So we wrote an email to the consulate and they replied after 3 weeks saying i have already been scheduled for an interview which is next month. WHAT DO I DO NOW..? WHERE DO I START FROM.? Should i print out the forms out online now and just go for the medicals myself even when i havent been given a date..? i am sooo confused..I NEED HELP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Each embassy has its own requrements. Which country are you talking about?

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it would help if you updated ( or added ) to your profile. That way you can get country specific information from others facing same embassy issues. By also keeping your timeline up to date, it gives others a way to track their own progress too.

Ed

I have the link for the preparations of all the documents i'll be needing but what i dont know is if i never get the packets would it be appropriate for me to still go for my interview. Aint i suppose to send back one of the packets first to Consulate before my interview..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have moved your post to the Regional Forums, so other people from Nigeria can assist you. As others pointed out, please complete your profile with the country of the beneficiary, to make it easier and faster to assist you.

Good luck on your journey

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone. I am an applicant and my ccase has long been sent to the Consulate from the NVC which my fiancee confirmed. The problem we have right now is i havent recieved any packet and its almost 2 months. So we wrote an email to the consulate and they replied after 3 weeks saying i have already been scheduled for an interview which is next month. WHAT DO I DO NOW..? WHERE DO I START FROM.? Should i print out the forms out online now and just go for the medicals myself even when i havent been given a date..? i am sooo confused..I NEED HELP

It will be good and you can get this done.

SO in the eamil that was sent, there should be a PDF attachement which contains DS-156, DS-156, I-134

You can download all this forms and you Guys can get cracking.

Take a copy of the email with you to get your medical done NOW in Lagos (you can only go to one of two places - info on Embassy website).

Go get your Police Report done NOW, either at Alagbon or at your local state command (what city are you in)?

Your USC needs to fill out the I-134 and include certain attachements depending on the USC situation so they need to get cracking. At this late stage he/she will need to use FedEx/UPS/DHL for speed and safety.

Don't be overwhelmed, let me know if you have specific questions. I am also available to you Guys via phone/email. We are also interviewing middle of next month.

Edit: I just caught this. Given a date for what? Interview (shoud have been on the email you received from the Embassy) or medical (you don't need an appointment just the email from the Embassy).

Edited by Gowon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.